Found 5,370 of over 6K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about University of Washington
10 months ago
Senior Instructional Designer
I've worked as an Instructional Designer and as a Corporate Trainer for 10+ years. However, I have always been on the product side of L & D, rather than HR. Do I need SHRM-CP? Many of the openings that I am currently coming across are in HR, instead of Product Management. Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Udemy , University of Washington, Newsela, Paper, Amplify Education Inc, Skillshare Inc., HopSkipDrive
Got a burning question about University of Washington? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with University of Washington employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and usually always a green light to do the best and be the best." (in 519 reviews)
- "Great people work there and the University education mission is important." (in 266 reviews)
- "The campus is beautiful and busing into work is a cinch from most any part of the city." (in 165 reviews)
- "Hours are flexible and you are still in a college atmosphere (pro or con)." (in 162 reviews)
- "Not too time consuming and good work/life balance" (in 115 reviews)
- "Low pay and you get to work with (some individuals) who practically can't be fired (union)." (in 315 reviews)
- "salary for research scientists/engineers is low compared to industry but this is standard across all universities" (in 212 reviews)
- "year due to the stress of the job and poor management" (in 96 reviews)
- "Funding for teaching assistants and benefits is at risk as management seeks to cut costs; grad student experience varies based on department/program; parking is expensive" (in 66 reviews)
- "Managers always say we need to 'run like a business' but most of the managers have zero experience in the private sector" (in 36 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of University of Washington and is not affected by filters.
- 4.0Dec 6, 2023Program Operations SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSeattle, WA
Flexible hybrid work schedule; annual raises; great colleagues.
Departments and Schools are quite siloed, so it can be challenging to find new jobs internally.
- 5.0Dec 4, 2023Graduate Research AssistantFormer EmployeeSeattle, WA
supportive student union, good medical benefit
less desired work/life balance, work on weekends
- 3.0Dec 4, 2023FellowCurrent EmployeeSeattle, WA
Huge organization with a variety of training sites. Emphasis on education.
Vacation not generous. No COL support. Poor coordination between departments/divisions/sites. Some sites without regular access to AC.
- 5.0Dec 4, 2023Teaching AssistantFormer Employee, less than 1 yearSeattle, WA
Worked here for six months, students are very focused on learning and take their assignments seriously, coworkers are very kind.
The downside is the hourly rate.
University of Washington Reviews FAQs
University of Washington has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 5,845 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at University of Washington to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
79% of University of Washington employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated University of Washington 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.