What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits were good and strong" (in 523 reviews)
- "Great people work there and the University education mission is important." (in 271 reviews)
- "Hours are flexible and you are still in a college atmosphere (pro or con)." (in 165 reviews)
- "The campus is beautiful and busing into work is a cinch from most any part of the city." (in 156 reviews)
- "Not too time consuming and good work/life balance" (in 116 reviews)
- "Low pay and you get to work with (some individuals) who practically can't be fired (union)." (in 313 reviews)
- "Low salaries Work setting at times was inconvenient" (in 209 reviews)
- "year due to the stress of the job and poor management" (in 90 reviews)
- "Funding for teaching assistants and benefits is at risk as management seeks to cut costs; grad student experience varies based on department/program; parking is expensive" (in 68 reviews)
- "Managers always say we need to 'run like a business' but most of the managers have zero experience in the private sector" (in 35 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of University of Washington and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 59 of over 6K reviews
Updated Oct 3, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "cost of living"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Aug 19, 2021Assistant ProfessorCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSeattle, WA
Love my colleagues and the rich research environment. I have many collaborators that I enjoy working with. Great health care, retirement, and other benefits to employees.
Compensation is much lower than if I worked in the private/community sector. Also lower compared to similar institutions given the extremely high cost of living in Seattle. Leadership has been disappointing amidst the need to improve salaries and improve equity, diversity, and inclusion within our department.
- 4.0Oct 4, 2016Interpreter/TranslatorCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsSeattle, WA
Great mission to work for
Low wages that do not hand in hand with the raising in the cost of living.