University of West Florida "minimum wage" Reviews | Glassdoor

University of West Florida Employee Reviews about "minimum wage"

Updated May 22, 2019

4.3
University of West Florida CEO Martha D. Saunders
Martha D. Saunders
Pros
  • "Fantastic sense of community and a supportive work environment(in 12 reviews)

• "Very supportive staff, extremely flexible schedule, a sense of true contribution to those in need(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Pay is minimum wage, and only up to 20 hours/wk for 3 labs (no full-time TAs)(in 6 reviews)

• "low pay compared with my piers someplace else(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "minimum wage"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Work Study Student"

I have been working at University of West Florida part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very flexible with work hours and encourages success in both the research lab and classes for the students.

Cons

The pay is minimum wage. The hours are limited based on safety requirements.

University of West Florida2017-04-06
  2. "Good Resume Builder"

Former Employee - Student Desk Assistant

I worked at University of West Florida part-time

Pros

Flexible work hours Good working environment Great staff Good Training

Cons

You may work late hours You may have to work holidays and weekends You get paid minimum wage

University of West Florida2019-05-22
  3. "Student assistant at ERCCD"

Student Assistant in Pensacola, FL

I worked at University of West Florida

Pros

They work around your schedule Flexible Great atmosphere/Culture. If shy, will get you to come out of your shell. You work with Children You make an impact in child's growth and progression. You'll acquire formal training along the way...(Will help for future Occupations)

Cons

Possibility of difficult parents Compensation is not the best (Minimum wage) No benefits (unless working more than 30 hours a week - full time) Only scheduled a maximum of about 30 hrs/week (Only part-time)

Advice to Management

AWESOME!!!!

University of West Florida2017-08-20
  4. "Undergrad TA"

Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in Pensacola, FL

Pros

Flexible schedule - you can tailor it to your class schedule. Excellent experience to add to your resume. Helping people learn science is fun! A small bio dept in a small university makes for a tight-knit learning community

Cons

Pay is minimum wage, and only up to 20 hours/wk for 3 labs (no full-time TAs) You don't get paid for safety training (~6 hours)

Advice to Management

Pay us for safety training! It's six hours of our time and is mandatory, therefore we should get paid for it.

University of West Florida2017-02-16
  5. "Review of Dept. Work"

I have been working at University of West Florida

Pros

The department I work for is very understanding of my class schedule and helps schedule me to work around that. The work environment is also great.

Cons

Being paid minimum wage is the worst part about working here as a student. It would be better if you could work more hours, but they limit your hours.

Advice to Management

Consider extending work hours for students. I know it may seem counter productive, but many students still work full-time jobs, and want that opportunity here as well.

University of West Florida2016-09-20
  6. "Good easy job"

Former Employee - Student Aide in Pensacola, FL

I worked at University of West Florida full-time for more than a year

Pros

really easy job, flexible hours, fun working with other students, great health benefits and retirement

Cons

working as a student its impossible to get a raise so you will be working for minimum wage until you can't afford to pay your bills anymore and need a real job.

University of West Florida2015-08-17