Urban Events Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Awesome Experience"

Former Employee - Administration in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Administration in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Urban Events full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Urban Events was a great place to work! The people who work here are wonderful: intelligent, ambitious, motivated, and perhaps most important - FUN! The management team invests a lot in their training and development, which helps with personal and professional growth. It was very exciting to be part of such a fast growing organization! Urban Events has only been around for a few years and with any growing company, there have been peaks and valleys. But through strong leadership, a clear mission, and teamwork, the continues to grow. Unfortunately, I relocated with family earlier this year and had to end my time with them. I grew a lot working here and would have never been afforded the opportunities I have now if it were not for this organization.

Cons

Work/Life Balance is a bit off, but only due to volume of work not to any pressure applied by management.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. I wish you all the success in the future!

2. "marketing"

Pros

Team work
    Training
    Travelling opportunity

Cons

Forecasting
    Some inconvenience
    Salary
    A lot of hours

3. "good for "Just Grad""

Former Employee - Entry Level Management in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Entry Level Management in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

Fast step to be manager.
    for someone who like to sell.

Cons

lack of professional and organization in the company.

"Campaign Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Davie, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Davie, FL

I have been working at Urban Events full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's funny when I hear people call my job a scam. I've been here for 5 months and it's been such a great discipline. The positive team building, learning logistics, prepping inventory, training in marketing systems, and fun office environment makes it easy to wake up and go at it another day.
    This job isn't for the worker bee. I understand why they would consider it a scam to have to put in 100% effort and not just clock in and out for a steady paycheck. I love that my check can be as big as I need it to be! It takes practice and power to build a career into a profitable business. Here we get the practice and together we have the power to take it as fr as we want. I have met the two people who already became executive managers. They're making so much money and growing. Already profitable within their first year! Most business don't even make it past their first year and if they do, it takes 3-5 years to see profit. Here it's less than six months.
    How is that selling a "dream"? Numbers and cold and in black and white. I'm going to keep at it because I love that we get to enter any of the largest wholesalers in the U.S. and have access to their clients! It doesn't get any easier than that.

Cons

Time. Time. Time.
    It's dedication from start to finish. This takes away from family and personal time, but I don't mind. I rather put in my time while I'm still young. This way I can look forward to having the money I need to live the quality of life I want to later.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Long term career opportunity!"

Current Employee - Entry Level Management in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Entry Level Management in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Urban Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I started working at UE they explained to me how we set up marketing campaings and we do face to face direct marketing in a retail environment. They taught me how to use the four core marketing systems to raise brand awareness for our clients. These are trade show style events and they are really fun! I would usually get to work with another team member and we would make a game out of who could get the most people to our booth at our event. I saw some people quit after a few weeks because they didnt see the big picture which is learn how to run a marketing campain from start to finish! Of course the first few weeks is paid training on how to actually set up and run an event but after only 6 weeks I was able to hire my own team and train THEM how to run the events. After 6 months my endurance and hard work paid off and I am the next in line to be promoted to executive management. I heard some people complain about the training process and it is sad because these people are expecting to be a manager without knowing the nuts an bolts of the core strategic marketing systems and they quit. But its their loss because the salary benefits with a management position here in less than one year will pay off my car and my student loans and now I am on a career path to regional manager as well.

Cons

Sometimes I have to give up time with friends if there is a Saturday morning meeting but other than that I feel truly lucky to see the big picture and stay with such and awesome organization and finally reap the benefits of my talents

"serious growth in a short amount of time!"

I have been working at Urban Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture within the business is like none iv ever seen, i have never had a job where i walked out of a meeting genuinely happy and upbeat and that is what transcends through-out this whole business! I have been here four months and have already learned more here than i did in 4 years of college! one of the biggest pros is that whatever hard work i put in i see direct results from and i am thanked for!

Cons

starting off the intensity of growth is a shock to the system but you soon realize what you put in you get back out!

Advice to Management

The only advice i could give would be to never loose the open door policy and openness from top to bottom as it is what keeps the culture what it is within the company.

"Great opportunity to be in control of my future"

Current Employee - Management Training in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Management Training in Miami, FL

I have been working at Urban Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic positive environment that not only gives you the tools to succeed but the support to make it happen quickly

Cons

Faced pace program with high standards

Advice to Management

Keep sharing information and working with everyone to reach their goals

"Awesome Company!! Great atmosphere and so much to learn. Great opportunity for advancement!"

Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Davie, FL
    Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Davie, FL

I have been working at Urban Events full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You'll learn more here in a few months than you would a few years at most universities. Great management, great leadership, excellent growth potential.

Cons

Sometimes there are long hours, but it's worth it by how quickly you can advance within the company. Also, the pay during the training is just average, but once you get promoted, the pay is great

Advice to Management

Great company culture and training systems. I've enjoyed all the managers and mentors I have met within this company.

"Multi-level Marketing/Pyramid Scheme!!"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Davie, FL
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Davie, FL

I worked at Urban Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office was upbeat, everyone was pretty nice. They did teach some basic marketing strategies.
    Everyone in the company did take their job seriously.

Cons

Multi-level Marketing!!! This company is basically getting you to work for minimum wage to demo products in Sam's clubs. They say it is a management in training program and you should make a certain amount and can climb up their ladder rather quickly if you work really hard. The pay is minimum wage or commission, whichever is higher. Usually minimum wage is. You are supposed to sell random products to Sam's club members by demonstrating the products. They say that you are not "selling" the product, but simply creating brand awareness. Obviously this is not true, because your income is based on how much you sell, you are taught how to create impulse by tricking customers into buying their products. If this was simply creating brand awareness, they would not teach you tricks on how to sell products.
    This company is trying to get as many people they can to work for minimum wage to demo products, while trying to sell you this "opportunity", and you can move up the ladder, if you are capable of selling the opportunity to other naïve, un-employed people. This is the definition for Multi-level marketing or pyramid scheme.

The turnover rate is the worst I have ever seen. Four months is the longest anyone has been with this company, because most people eventually figure out what is really going on and then quit.

Do yourself a favor and Google "pyramid scheme" or "multi-level marketing" and then you will get the full picture of what this company does.

Advice to Management

Be honest about what the job really is instead of trying to dupe unsuspecting employees. Some people do not mind Pyramid schemes. Others will be resentful that you wasted their time.

"Great learning opportunity"

I have been working at Urban Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a place with great opportunity for motivated people. Office environment is very positive and surrounds you with individuals who want you to succeed and are eager to put forth time and effort to help you get there. The company consistently challenges you to improve and become a leader by providing constant feedback and training. They equip you with many tools and tips on how to reach your goals. There is also the travel opportunities– I've been able to travel across the country!

Cons

You will have to sacrifice some time with your friends and or family because it is not a typical 9-5 job. It requires some early mornings and weekends.