Found 5,190 of over 5K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Urban Outfitters
Got a burning question about Urban Outfitters? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Urban Outfitters employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people to work with Friendly customers for the most part Comfortable ambiance in store Really enjoyed the music taste" (in 434 reviews)
- "You will meet great coworkers here & make friends that also make you want to stay" (in 284 reviews)
- "Fun work environment and coworkers" (in 135 reviews)
- "Great team to work with and I had a manager I enjoyed who invested in my growth." (in 113 reviews)
- "Benefits are good and dress code is good" (in 111 reviews)
- "Pay is low and you feel like a second rate employee if you don't work at the philly campus" (in 534 reviews)
- "Bad management and not diverse" (in 387 reviews)
- "The department managers don't ever help with floor maintenance and delegate tasks without knowledge of time" (in 227 reviews)
- "We were all on zero hours contracts.The hours were long and we were never given rewards or praise." (in 218 reviews)
- "Promotions were based off favoritism not work ethic(then again this is company wide)" (in 102 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Urban Outfitters and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 3.0Sep 26, 2023Product Flow SpecialistCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
- flexible hours - co-workers are nice - the discount is good !! you get 60% off 6 UO brand items per month then 40 off after/if those 60s are all used then 25% off home and beauty - pretty lenient compared to other retail stores - some room to grow
- very underpaid and overworked especially for sales associates !! they had me and other associates at the time training new hires because management was "too busy" to do so - little to no training most of the time; when i got hired, i received no training at all and was just zoned basically anywhere. when i started doing more BOH stuff (shipment, PPS, and filling), i received barely any training for that either - some managers are incredibly rude to others and not helpful at all. there's been multiple occasions where someone will ask them a question and they will just roll their eyes or give attitude. definitely creates an unwelcoming environment which has resulted in a higher turnover rate
Urban Outfitters Reviews FAQs
Urban Outfitters has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 5,407 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at Urban Outfitters to a friend and 38% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
60% of Urban Outfitters employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Urban Outfitters 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.