Usabilla Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.7
Marc van Agteren

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Customer Success Manager"

I have been working at Usabilla full-time

Pros

Everyone who is a part of the Usabilla family embodies the culture and the company values. Each person is candid, transparent, and supportive of the others in their own department, their colleagues in other departments, and with the customers. Free lunch everyday keeps also morale high and camaraderie strong. The company is still small enough where everyone has creative license to do their job in ways that work best for them.

Cons

Training processes are somewhat of a trial and error with each new employee. It is also tough for the managers because the company is growing quickly across 5 satellite offices.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing! Usabilla is a place people thoroughly enjoy coming to work at every day.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Usabilla full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is one of Amsterdam's fastes growing companies and it is absolutely amazing. The entire organization, from product, to engineering to c-suite, is fantastic. It is exciting to be apart of an international organization with a proven product and only 100 employees. Everyone truly believes in what we do and traveling to our HQ in Amsterdam is sweet. There is so much opportunity in the United States for this company!

Cons

Typical growth challenges. Strategy/territory changes, innovation, policy changes etc. However, these challenges are dwarfed by how great it is to work with such a wonderful/fun group of people. Getting to know different people from different countries is a huge eye opener

Advice to Management

keep up the transparency.

"Incredible Growth, Freedom, and Agility"

Current Employee - Sales/Business Development in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales/Business Development in New York, NY

I have been working at Usabilla full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Patent pending, bleeding edge customer experience technology with updates pushed to the platform every two weeks. We're winning A LOT of business from the US incumbents now that our NYC office is ramped up. I love that I sell something that makes the internet less frustrating to people who love using it.

- Management team genuinely dedicated to the happiness of the people working here rather than simply growth at all costs disguised with booze and perks to keep employees from leaving.

- Incredible Dutch work-life philosophy that sometimes takes Americans time to adjust. Sending emails while you're on vacation relaxing on the beach is very much frowned upon and they'll let you know it.

- The management team is approachable, transparent, and progressive which makes being heard easy. If I see something that I believe can be improved, I give it some thought and speak up knowing it'll be seriously considered.

- The Amsterdam office has 65 employees and has been around since 2009 so our NY office feels like an early stage start-up with the resources and support of a large Dutch venture capitalist.

- Incredible new office in Manhattan's SoHo neighborhood and free lunch

- We're Enterprise B2B Software as a service and we're helping experienced senior executives (SVP, VP, CxO) I need to be sharp and at my best every day. I'm also learning from and establishing relationships with the best and brightest in digital marketing and customer experience optimization.

- Haven't had to raise 7, 8 or 9 figures to fuel our growth and we don't have VC's looking over our shoulder. We're in control our own destiny.

Cons

- Still flying under the radar in here in the US because the focus has been on product, engineering, and development first (rightfully so) and the investment in public relations, advertising and sales is in the works.

- We're working on establishing several internal formalized processes in a competitive industry meaning folks have to use their brains to be successful here rather than merely following orders or cloning best practices

- Until the NYC office is large enough, I feel like I miss out on all the fun in Amsterdam

Advice to Management

Love the focus on happiness, authentic transparency, putting the product first, helping rookies understand why what has been built is special and continue adapting successful stratigies to new markets. Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing as we get on the radar investors, advisors and consultants.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - - in New York, NY
    Current Employee - - in New York, NY

I have been working at Usabilla full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Self-starting environment with a lot of career opportunities in a fast growing company. Diverse company culture with very little hierarchy. Ideas are welcomed by senior management and successes are celebrated with the entire team. Everyone has a 'get things done attitude' and shares a drive for success! Fun place: both at work and after work!

Cons

Self responsibility is needed, since you won't be micro-managed.

5. "Best job I've had...so far"

Current Employee - Business Acqusition Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Acqusition Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Usabilla full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of autonomy, as long as you hit your goals there is no micro-managing. You do have to be able to manage your time effectively which is the ideal work environment for me. I also thoroughly enjoy the company of my colleagues both in, and out of the office. This solution blows the competition out of the water. The company is in a great position and poised to explode!

Cons

Management can be a little too hands-off. I have seen people leave because they don't know how to adapt to this kind of position and so they sit around waiting for handouts.

Advice to Management

The management style is perfect for me but may not be the best for everyone.

6. "Cool company"

I have been working at Usabilla full-time

Pros

Overall a great place to work

Cons

Scalability cons, struggling to find and keeping a focus. Usabilla has a lot to grown and top management could be more open to employee feedback.

7. "amazing"

Pros

amazing office, colleagues, beers, amazing views

Cons

our manager sucked, pay was mediocre

Advice to Management

n/a

"At Usabilla you can grow just as fast as the company does!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at Usabilla full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In short; Usabilla simply trusts you.
    They trust you to add value, to weigh your decisions, to protect work-life balance, to speak up when you don't agree, to make 'us' successful. Its the best place i've ever worked.

Usabilla is entirely filled with young, smart and kind professionals from all over the world having a great time scaling the hell out of a great software product. The people that work here are my friends, and i'm pretty proud to be part of that group.

Without a doubt, Usabilla has had a tremendous impact on my career. Starting as an intern, quickly hired to join the team full-time having the freedom to structure my own work.

After about a year I was given the opportunity to choose between two equally exciting positions within the company; leaving me free to decide my own career-trajectory. After which I was given very adequate training to help me get a good start. I feel blessed to be working for a company that has so much opportunity to grow.

Cons

Usabilla has grown a lot. This is not an easy process for any company to go through and it creates struggles. Communication is a little harder when you expand like this and the workplace is becoming too small for everyone to remain comfortable.

Advice to Management

Usabilla will most likely be quite different in a years time, nobody knows how exactly it will look and that's okay!

I would advise management to remain open to change, take care of people that have a hard time adapting and for management to take a holiday every now and then.

9. "Most awesome and fun experience i've had so far"

I have been working at Usabilla full-time

Pros

Interviewing for a Usabilla position was an absolute pleasurable experience. And i can say with confidence it was the best so far in my career.

Since interview 1 Usabilla hr showed a real interest in my resume and wanted to know more about me as a person.

After i was picked to join the team, they applied for the highly skilled migrant visa that i was able to get only in 3 weeks and was able to pick it from the consulate in 2 days after that.

Usabilla also was there to pick my flight ticket expenses and transportation.

The Onboaring process is great as you get to meet persons from different departments who can tell you about their process and their main occupations.

I would highly recommend Usabilla for anyone who seeks a great creative work atmosphere and want to work in the heart of Amsterdam in a very cool fun environment.

Cons

dont have any cons so far

10. "Great challenges and amazing people!"

Pros

Great team, lots of dedicated people ready to make a change. Plenty of space to stop and evaluate the state of things and course correct.

Cons

Growing pains of a company in expansion, nothing that won't be solved as the process matures.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people.