Usabilla Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Marc van Agteren

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Customer Success Manager - NYC"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Usabilla full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Usabilla's feedback collecting suite is incredible. Having a solution that works as well as ours makes being a Customer Success Manager a pleasure. I truly believe in our software and company.

- Really fun work environment.

- Great office location in SOHO.

- A family feel amongst the colleagues.

- You get to work with people from all over the world .

- Great benefits: Lunch, commuting, and phone are paid for by Usabilla. A lot of vacation days.

Cons

- This is not the place to work if you are expecting to be told what to do. A lot of the responsibility on structuring your role will fall on you.

- Since the headquarter office (Amsterdam) is 6 hours ahead, communication can be difficult.

- We currently have 12 people in NYC, so we encounter startup struggles.

Advice to Management

As the company grows, continue to make sure there is communication and collaboration across the whole organization.

"Great product & culture, disorganized leadership"

I have been working at Usabilla full-time

Pros

- Product direction and vision are strong, moving forward
    - Great work-life balance with ample vacation, sick days, & additional benefits – clearly an environment that cares about their employees well-being
    - Good opportunities in entry-level positions and certain teams
    - No micromanaging, freedom to be successful at your job with personal responsibility and flexibility
    - Work happy hours, events, trip to Amsterdam HQ for satellite offices

Cons

- Management can be highly disorganized in their processes, haven't received proper training when they were elevated to their roles, don't set the right example for their coworkers, and accountability for them is unclear.
    - High employee turnover due to slow or no growth for certain positions, salary, lack of learning opportunities (especially if you're coming in with some experience)
    - Satellite office can feel neglected, lack of HR
    - Changing processes that aren't working or producing revenue is more taxing than it should be
    - Lot of these are general startup growing pains, but after a while it is exhausting

Advice to Management

Take actual feedback to improve processes, since you're a feedback company.
    If you're going to promote within, make sure you train employees to be managers.

3. "NYC Office"

Current Employee - Team Lead in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Team Lead in New York, NY

I have been working at Usabilla full-time (More than a year)

Pros

From 7 employees to 11, it's been great watching our office begin to scale. With a truly incredible product and an amazing HQ to back us up, each day is a new challenge that we overcome as a team. Not to mention the generous vacation days and work/life balance as the cherry on top :)

Cons

No big cons except that sometimes it feels like there is a bit of a disconnection between the satellite offices.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent and listening to your employees concerns!

4. "Customer Success Manager"

I have been working at Usabilla full-time

Pros

Everyone who is a part of the Usabilla family embodies the culture and the company values. Each person is candid, transparent, and supportive of the others in their own department, their colleagues in other departments, and with the customers. Free lunch everyday keeps also morale high and camaraderie strong. The company is still small enough where everyone has creative license to do their job in ways that work best for them.

Cons

Training processes are somewhat of a trial and error with each new employee. It is also tough for the managers because the company is growing quickly across 5 satellite offices.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing! Usabilla is a place people thoroughly enjoy coming to work at every day.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Usabilla full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is one of Amsterdam's fastes growing companies and it is absolutely amazing. The entire organization, from product, to engineering to c-suite, is fantastic. It is exciting to be apart of an international organization with a proven product and only 100 employees. Everyone truly believes in what we do and traveling to our HQ in Amsterdam is sweet. There is so much opportunity in the United States for this company!

Cons

Typical growth challenges. Strategy/territory changes, innovation, policy changes etc. However, these challenges are dwarfed by how great it is to work with such a wonderful/fun group of people. Getting to know different people from different countries is a huge eye opener

Advice to Management

keep up the transparency.

"Incredible Growth, Freedom, and Agility"

Current Employee - Sales/Business Development in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales/Business Development in New York, NY

I have been working at Usabilla full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Patent pending, bleeding edge customer experience technology with updates pushed to the platform every two weeks. We're winning A LOT of business from the US incumbents now that our NYC office is ramped up. I love that I sell something that makes the internet less frustrating to people who love using it.

- Management team genuinely dedicated to the happiness of the people working here rather than simply growth at all costs disguised with booze and perks to keep employees from leaving.

- Incredible Dutch work-life philosophy that sometimes takes Americans time to adjust. Sending emails while you're on vacation relaxing on the beach is very much frowned upon and they'll let you know it.

- The management team is approachable, transparent, and progressive which makes being heard easy. If I see something that I believe can be improved, I give it some thought and speak up knowing it'll be seriously considered.

- The Amsterdam office has 65 employees and has been around since 2009 so our NY office feels like an early stage start-up with the resources and support of a large Dutch venture capitalist.

- Incredible new office in Manhattan's SoHo neighborhood and free lunch

- We're Enterprise B2B Software as a service and we're helping experienced senior executives (SVP, VP, CxO) I need to be sharp and at my best every day. I'm also learning from and establishing relationships with the best and brightest in digital marketing and customer experience optimization.

- Haven't had to raise 7, 8 or 9 figures to fuel our growth and we don't have VC's looking over our shoulder. We're in control our own destiny.

Cons

- Still flying under the radar in here in the US because the focus has been on product, engineering, and development first (rightfully so) and the investment in public relations, advertising and sales is in the works.

- We're working on establishing several internal formalized processes in a competitive industry meaning folks have to use their brains to be successful here rather than merely following orders or cloning best practices

- Until the NYC office is large enough, I feel like I miss out on all the fun in Amsterdam

Advice to Management

Love the focus on happiness, authentic transparency, putting the product first, helping rookies understand why what has been built is special and continue adapting successful stratigies to new markets. Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing as we get on the radar investors, advisors and consultants.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - - in New York, NY
    Current Employee - - in New York, NY

I have been working at Usabilla full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Self-starting environment with a lot of career opportunities in a fast growing company. Diverse company culture with very little hierarchy. Ideas are welcomed by senior management and successes are celebrated with the entire team. Everyone has a 'get things done attitude' and shares a drive for success! Fun place: both at work and after work!

Cons

Self responsibility is needed, since you won't be micro-managed.

8. "Best job I've had...so far"

Current Employee - Business Acqusition Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Acqusition Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Usabilla full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of autonomy, as long as you hit your goals there is no micro-managing. You do have to be able to manage your time effectively which is the ideal work environment for me. I also thoroughly enjoy the company of my colleagues both in, and out of the office. This solution blows the competition out of the water. The company is in a great position and poised to explode!

Cons

Management can be a little too hands-off. I have seen people leave because they don't know how to adapt to this kind of position and so they sit around waiting for handouts.

Advice to Management

The management style is perfect for me but may not be the best for everyone.

9. "Great Working here"

I have been working at Usabilla full-time

Pros

Great Team and great products

Cons

Still a scale up, so some processes are not quite there yet, but the awesomeness and flexibility outweigh this by a ton.

"Great culture, brilliant benefits, scaling up!!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Usabilla full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Very open to new ideas and strategies;
    - Very interesting market to work in, a lot of potential;
    - Sydney office just launched so you have a big say in how to build the company in APAC;
    - Amazing colleagues, flexible working hours and a lot of side activities.

Cons

- You need to be willing to work in a "smaller" size company here in Australia;
    - You have a lot of freedom and no micromanagement, so if you want to work in a more corporate environment this is not the right place.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, shine!