Utah Disaster Kleenup Reviews

Updated Sep 27, 2018

4.3
Utah Disaster Kleenup President M. Dennis Jensen (no image)
M. Dennis Jensen
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Cleaning Tech

May 4, 2017 - Cleaning Technician in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been employed at Udk for 18 years. I really enjoy working for this company. My co workers are great. I love the fact that we are helping people that has had a disaster in there life. Helping them pick up the pieces and getting there life's back to normal. We have good benefits.

Cons

I really don't like being on call. Sometimes the hours can be very long. Takes you away from your family. This is really the only thing that really bugs me about this company.

HR Coordinator

Thank you so much for your response and kind words. We understand being on call can be difficult . We do our best to spread the on-call work load evenly, scheduling a month in advance to allow our teams to have work life balance. It's great to hear that our dispatcher and HR manager are taking care of our employees needs. There is nothing that makes us happier than having an 18 year veteran of this industry call UDK "Your Home Away From Home". Thank you for your dedication and hard work

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Sep 27, 2018 - Human Resources Coordinator in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smaller company where everyone knows each other, and your treated like family. The company is constant in growth and upward momentum, helping customers put their lives back together after a disaster. Working for this company has helped develop my professional business skills. We promote from within the company to further the growth of our team. We are continually looking for people who are excited about consistent changes and growth. We maintain high standards and model a pattern of hiring the best talent available.

Cons

I can't say any cons about this company.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Management lies frequently

Sep 25, 2018 - Lead Mitigation Technician in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Helping customers deal with disasters. Fellow techs help each other with on calls

Cons

Management makes promises to get techs to stay and don’t follow through. The estimators work techs into the ground and don’t seem to care if a tech has worked 12+ hours in a day. Rumors are a huge problem, everyone feels the need to spread bad things about each other.

HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and give some insight to your time here at UDK. We appreciate the contribution you made to UDK and to our customers. Management works closely with the estimators and the technicians to ensure we are treating our employees with respect, and address it when it's brought to our attention. Working 12+ hours can be difficult for any employee and we understand the strain that comes with being on-call, and we do appreciate all the work our technicians do, to help off set the long hours we offer EMS bonuses. As far as the rumor mill, we do our best to provide clear and candid information to prevent the rumors. We maintain an open door policy for our employees to come to us with their concerns. Taking action immediately to address any issues brought to our attention. Our goal is to provide a positive work environment for all employees at UDK.

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good job; not exactly a career.

May 3, 2016 - Cleaning Technician in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

As has been stated in other reviews, there is a good amount of variety with this job. As a result, you get to learn a variety of skills that are useful both inside the industry as well as in maintaining your own home. The pay is good, especially if you are single and/or are willing to take on a great deal of overtime, which is available in abundance when we are busy. Most of the employees here are pleasant to be around most of the time, and know what they need to do and do it, most of the time. Overall, it is a very good job to have between schooling and an actual career.

Cons

Lack of clear, consistent communication as well as annoying "office politics" has been a big issue, and still is to some extent, though there have been improvements in that area. There seems to be very little upward mobility within the company, particularly if you are not a "squeaky wheel" type person who begs for recognition. Hard work and dependability don't seem to get you as far as making the right friends. The actions or mis-actions of a few employees has a far greater impact on EVERY employee than would be expected - for example, as in the severe reduction in bonuses given to everyone simply because a few were taking unfair advantage of the system. The work of a technician can be very hard on the body. Long hours of physically demanding labour can wear you out very quickly.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Utah Disaster Kleenup

Apr 26, 2016 - Customer Support in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Every day there is something new is, we handle so many different types of property losses it is never boring. We work with a great team that really knows how to come together and accomplish a great deal. We help property owners in their time of need. It feels good to be able to help people when they experience a difficult situation. The finished product is also rewarding to see. We start with a burned, flooded or otherwise damaged property and by the time we are done it normally looks better than it every looked before. It is great to work for a company that is this size, we are large enough to handle jobs of any size, but small enough that our owners still know and care about their employees. We have good benefits and great co workers. It is a fun positive place to work .

Cons

There are no set business hours, disasters happen when they do, and sometimes the days can get long. Being on call is hard sometimes, but luckily the hard times aren't all that often.

Director of HR

Thanks so much for your feedback. It helps others applying at UDK to know what it's really like to work here. Every day is different and has it's challenges. WE have the best people to pull it off each and every day. Thanks so much!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good place to work. Good money for long hours

Apr 18, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The job keeps you busy. The other employees are cool and fun to be around. EMS when being called out is nice incentive to keep you going. Really good at working with employees when volunteering to help

Cons

Out late often. On call often which means anytime between 4:30 pm - 8:00 am you can be called out and stay out. Only get max of 2 EMS on one job even if out for 16+ hours

Director of HR

Thank you very much for your feedback.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Cleaning technician

Apr 15, 2016 - Cleaning Technician in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've found my for ever home here at UDK! For me it's all about the customer knowing when I leave there home they are happy with the work I've done. Putting them at ease knowing they are in good hands. Every day is different from the rest and every disaster is different as well the only thing to me that doesn't change is the customer service!

Cons

The hardest part for me is technicians felling the same way about the job, some times there's personality conflicts. Working long hours is part of the job, same with being on call going out all hours of the night

Director of HR

Thank you so much for your response and kind words. There is nothing that makes us happier than having an 8 year veteran of this industry call UDK a "Forever Home". We are very fortunate to have individuals such as yourself who hold such high standards for performance and expect the same from others.

8. 5.0

Estimator

Sep 4, 2015 - Estimator in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

UDK is a career. There are many people here that like me have careers of 20 + years. I started out at UDK as a technician in 1992 and advanced to an estimator. Good money and if you are the type of person that enjoys helping others this is a great career

Cons

This industry is a tough one for sure. There are tight demands to return properties to their pre-loss condition. No one ever plans on having a disaster so you just have to understand that going into every job and know that you are meeting people at their worst time.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Job and great people

Apr 14, 2016 - Flood Tech in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am an employee for Utah Disaster Kleenup and I love what I do! It's not the easiest job in the world and we have to work countless hours and be on call every once in awhile, but it's a pleasure to be able to help others who have just suffers from a disaster be it a flood, mold, asbestos, or a fire we are there to take care of you. I've been on the inside of this company for about half a year now and there's nothing fishy about us. We meet together often and talk about what we can do to better serve our customers. We take great pride in customer satisfaction and strive to improve in anyway that we can. I have been so impressed with how efficient we do everything. From start the finish we are there to not only clean up but to repair it all. I've seen houses transformed from the chaos of a house fire. I've seen disasters that were absolutely terrible be transformed into something amazing. Our estimators are top of the line and know what they are doing and will take care of all your problems. Every single employee is ready to work and is eager to learn how to better serve. When it comes to experience in disaster cleanup I'd have to say that if you want "a professional job" Utah Disaster Kleenup is the company for you. Disasters stink but we're hear to make it easier on you and to ease your burdens. We really care about all of you and want you to trust us. Great Job, great pay, flexible environment, greet employees and great management! As far as working as a flood tech. Pay starts out at 13$ an hour and within 2-3 months you can get a raise to 13.50$ and after about 6-8 months you can get up to 14.50$. Not to mention the over time which is very common for us flood techs. There are great incentives to help motivate their employees. For example for going out on a job after normal work hours you'll be payed 20$ for just going and another 20$ after another 4 hours on the job sight plus normal pay. Not to mention if you work a weekend it'll doubt to 40$... You could make some serious money if you're willing to work.

Cons

You are required to be on call about 7 days a month and can be called out at any time from 4:30pm-8:00 of the following day... It can be tiring at times but this job requires a true Worker who is willing to work and not complain when things get tough.

Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback and response. Customer service is paramount in our business and I am so happy to hear you feel that way as well. We can and will keep improving. Our new series of trainings have been focused on exceeding customer expectations and we will continue to drive those concepts home. Thank you as well for your commitment and hard work. We do our best to screen for those characteristics in the interview process and we are happy to see we picked a winner in you!

10. 5.0

Disaster Kleenup - Boise

May 4, 2016 - Manager in Nampa, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great group of people who are truly committed to helping out people when they are in a time of need. Most experienced well trained and best equipped restoration contractor in the valley.

Cons

Cons - tough one to come up with anything negative to say. When we all hired on we knew coming in that we would be working some long and tough hours to provide our customers with help after they suffered a disaster.

Director of HR

Thanks so much for the review. Advice taken on making it a positive atmosphere as that is what you do best!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Reviews