Utopia Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Arvind J. Singh

Pros
  • Friendly impression, paid room and board, free lunch (in 9 reviews)

• Good Learning scope,Flexible work options,Helpfull work environment (in 7 reviews)

1. "Passion at Work"

Current Employee - Director, Delivery Management in Mundelein, IL
    Current Employee - Director, Delivery Management in Mundelein, IL

I have been working at Utopia full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Gives you lots of freedom to attempt new while not affecting the org expectation, ideas and contributions are very welcome

Cons

No major downsides, but training impetus needs to be further increased

Advice to Management

None

2. "By far the best job I've had in my career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mundelein, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mundelein, IL

I have been working at Utopia full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company cares about its employees and goes above and beyond to create a positive work environment. Lots of room for advancement and growth within the company. I'm constantly challenged by the work, which has helped me learn and grow so quickly. The work environment/company culture is very positive and makes it a fun place to work.

Cons

Work Life Balance can be made better for employees

"Global leader in Enterprise Data"

Current Employee - Delivery Management in Mundelein, IL
    Current Employee - Delivery Management in Mundelein, IL

I have been working at Utopia full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Utopia is a great place to work if you want to be part of a company that is leading the charge in Enterprise Data. Over the last many years Utopia has solidified its pole position in this space. In the last few years it has added software products in Master Data Governance (MDG for EAM and MDG for Retail) which are sold globally through SAP.
    The company provides many avenues for new and experienced hires to grow professionally. Many hires get to work in different countries at a young age.
    As a rapidly growing company with a global footprint it offers many opportunities of growth and advancement.

Cons

Utopia is a growing company and therefore has 'growth pains'. It has to keep strengthening its processes as it continues its growth.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good culture you have established. The global Joy of Giving program that you have is a great way to support local communities.

5. "Good to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Utopia (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Trainings,Cross trainings,Pay is ok and invest in new technologies,Partner to SAP

Cons

Indian style of management,When projects are not in view they terminate the employees.

"Data Migration Consultant"

Former Employee - Data Migration Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Data Migration Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Utopia (More than a year)

Pros

Free Lunch, Good Training Program, helpful coworkers and a friendly atmosphere to work in. Availability to work remotely and the chance to travel the world with the various remote assignments.

Cons

Terrible middle management that is more concerned with deadlines and looking good to the upper management then what is best for the employees and clients.

Advice to Management

Don't hire bad middle management. Aside from hiring bad management the upper management has done a fine job cultivating a good work environment.

7. "Delivery Team"

Current Employee - Dmc in Mundelein, IL
    Current Employee - Dmc in Mundelein, IL

I have been working at Utopia full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small company with huge plans to become big time in Software Services.
    Good opportunities if new comers if your skill set inline with company needs.

Cons

Companies have limited space in Data related services so nothing much to swim around.

Advice to Management

Jump into BI/BW, Full flagged Serious training , and outside SAP world .

8. "Proud to be!!!"

Current Employee - Director-Delivery in Mundelein, IL
    Current Employee - Director-Delivery in Mundelein, IL

I have been working at Utopia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A unique blend of professionalism and personal touch. The best PMO I have seen in my career which strives for delivery excellence too, and a team which blends well with other departments to ensure a better productive atmosphere.

Cons

Nothing much, but as a growing organization, more processes to be initiated to take care of the growth.

9. "Overall excellent opportunity"

I have been working at Utopia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-They gave my career a starting point, and trained me in SAP data migration methodologies
    -I have grown with the company over 4 years and have become a respected senior consultant
    -The work experience I've gained with this company is highly specialized, and very valuable in today's market
    -I have been given creative freedom on internal projects, which have become standard for use in our business. These particular projects are the ones I'm most proud of
    -The people I've come to work with and love over the years are irreplaceable here
    -Travel: I've had projects both local to the USA, and overseas, which have given me memories and experiences that will stay with me for the rest of my life

Cons

-Our company has been through a roller coaster of ups and downs in my tenure, and it has been stressful, which is partly why numerous consultants have moved on in their careers.
    -Starting salary was quite low for this industry
    -Management has been, at times, inefficient at recognizing skilled workers versus unskilled workers. Everyone is treated the same, which is good in theory, but is harmful for individual growth
    -Work/Life Balance can be extremely tilted in favor of Work, especially during go-lives and cutovers where consultants may be expected to work 60-80 hour weeks (just don't be a doormat and these times will be minimized)

Advice to Management

-Invest more time into growing professional consultants, and/or pointing the right people in the right direction in order to maximize skillsets
    -Salaries are too low for this industry, you need to pay your top talent if you want to keep them around

10. "Great opportunities to work abroad with this company"

I have been working at Utopia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you like to travel internationally, this company will allow you to do so. I have gone onto many international projects and experience different work cultures. Had opportunities to leverage my technical background to develop new solutions with the company. Training was offered through out the years I have worked here and I appreciate the flexibility and support on projects from management.

Cons

Although this company allows me to have flexibility in my work, compensation is at or below par.

Advice to Management

Provide a more hands-on, project specific training and leadership coaching. Have more frequent performance reviews through out the year to better manage employee's progress and goals.

11. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Developer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Developer in Chicago, IL

Pros

Growing company and good training.

Cons

Not so good at compensation and benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep up good work with training