VA Health Reviews
58% would recommend to a friend
(603 total reviews)
Eric K. Shinseki
60% approve of CEO
Found 603 of over 668 reviews
Updated Nov 13, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "It's federal government so there are great benefits and it's more stable than many private organizations." (in 105 reviews)
- "Pay was good and that was all" (in 27 reviews)
- "stable job security" (in 18 reviews)
- "Flexible work hours and great people" (in 16 reviews)
- "Great environment and coworkers in cardiology section" (in 14 reviews)
- "Management poor; arrogant and care very little but for their own power" (in 28 reviews)
- "Upper management is corrupt." (in 8 reviews)
- "Leadership is concerned with checking boxes" (in 7 reviews)
- "Supervisor was embedded in system." (in 7 reviews)
- "Bullying supervision, blatant falsification of government records, overpaying for goods and services because of favoritism, daily threats, closed door cussed out by managers across several departments." (in 6 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of VA Health and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Nov 13, 2023National Healthcare RecruiterCurrent Employee
Stable growth available Exceptional federal benefits Caring for heroes Annual salary increases Loan repayment options federal
Capped salaries at specific grades
- 2.0Oct 24, 2023AdministrationCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsSan Antonio, TX
Great mission, lots of great people
Old hats with three decades of tenure, run amok and do whatever they please with LR right there to save them.
- 5.0Oct 27, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsLong Beach, CA
People care about the Veterans they are serving
understaffed and overworked, not enough time in a day to complete all tasks
- 5.0Oct 10, 2023Licensed Clinical Social WorkerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearTucson, AZ
The campus is beautiful and the people who work there are very friendly and helpful. It is a good caretaking environment.
Often there are not enough employees in the various departments and work has to be done by employees taking on more tasks and duties.
- 4.0Oct 27, 2023Certified Nursing Assistant CNAFormer EmployeeBedford, MA
Great job security, helpful coworkers
Nursing assistant pay everywhere isn't great, this is a little better
- 4.0Oct 13, 2023Research Health ScientistFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsLos Angeles, CA
The people really care about the work they are doing and making a difference.
The bureaucracy slows things down quite a lot, so it can be hard to get anything done.
- 2.0Aug 18, 2023Contract SpecialistCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSalt Lake City, UT
100% Teleworking capabilities with little to no micromanagement involved as long as you get your contracts done.
No IT support. No hardware to match the job load. Was eligible to come in as a GS11 with experience and they put me in as a GS7 even with my MBA. Refused to promote me to GS9 because they didn't think I deserved it for being with the VA for short of a time. Other offices have GS11s with a lot less experience and education working for them. Crippled potential and career by quite a lot.
VA Health Reviews FAQs
VA Health has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 668 reviews left anonymously by employees. 58% of employees would recommend working at VA Health to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.
58% of VA Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated VA Health 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.