VAIRKKO Reviews | Glassdoor

VAIRKKO Reviews

5.0
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Outstanding place to work. Make a difference every day!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Durham, NC

I have been working at VAIRKKO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're looking for a fast paced, no red tape, show your skills kinda of workplace, VAIRKKO is the place to be. Leadership truly listens and trusts in your abilities AND demonstrates that almost every day. VAIRKKO is looking for talent individuals regardless of Gender, Race, etc.

We are growing so fast it's crazy but man it's hard to find talent!

Coming from Universities and Larger Corporations (5,000+) I was amazed at how quickly things can happen from idea inception to design to implementation yet the entire process was driven intelligently and the right questions were asked by team members to ensure it was done well. VAIRKKO really provides all the tools you need to succeed and ensure solid teamwork and decision making.

The ability to expand your knowledge base while working for VAIRKKO has been amazing. Leadership doesn't hold back. They push you in ways to identify your strengths and highlight where you need work but it doesn't stop there. Training and Learning is highly encouraged and often paid for. There is a true belief in practice of "If you succeed, we succeed" with no limits.

Work/Life balance is also a HUGE part of VAIRKKO . Knowing many people who've worked for Google and Amazon where the work culture will quickly burn you out, VAIRKKO is big on ensuring that doesn't happen. If you are working tons of extra hours or repeatedly late on projects leadership engages you in a meaningful way, often 1 on 1 to understand, address and help you without you burning out or feeling constantly overwhelmed.

Benefits are covered 100%, solid PTO time (yes you can use it!), and the flexible schedule really make this a great job for younger individuals or people with families.

VAIRKKO is the best place I've ever worked and recommend it to anyone who likes the idea of working in a challenging environment.

Cons

Look, VAIRKKO is a fast paced company where priorities can and will shift often. If you don't adapt well to change this company probably isn't for you.

VAIRKKO depends on you knowing your trade well and getting your hands 'dirty'. We look for talented individuals who can take ideas and turn them into reality. This isn't a company for 'managers', it's a company for doers.

Working from home isn't right for everyone. VAIRKKO is a results driven organization and it's fairly reasonable in those expectations. However, there is little tolerance for individuals who take advantage of working from home.

Advice to Management

Keep engaging, keep training, keep supporting. It works!

2. "VAIRKKO = Fun Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Client Systems Architect in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Client Systems Architect in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at VAIRKKO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Five words to describe this company: Fun, Friendly, Motivated, Hardworking, and Family-Oriented! Out of all the companies I have worked for, this is by far the best! They give you opportunities to grow and takes your ideas and suggestions to better your work life! We are kinda like a family here, if someone is struggling or has a problem, we always try to help each other!

Cons

No cons really to list!

3. "Flexible, Supportive, Rewarding"

I have been working at VAIRKKO full-time

Pros

Working for VAIRKKO is a highly rewarding experience. The management is remarkably encouraging, and very direct when an item needs attention. There is no micromanagement of tasks, and there is a good deal of "responsible flexibility", allowing for a great work/life balance, especially for those with kids. Good work is rewarded; Poor work is constructively criticized. I never imagined that working a 100% remote position would be this great. The benefits continue to get better as the company grows. They cover 100% health care for employees. All my team members are mutually supportive and have good senses of humor, making VAIRKKO a fun place to work. The company believes that its employees truly are its greatest assets, and has shown that not only by its generous benefits (health, 401k, yearly bonuses, birthday gifts, etc), but by extending their concern for the employees by offering to make monthly donations towards the charity of choice for each employee. We have quarterly company get-togethers (for those within driving distance) at sports events, restaurants, etc. just build camaraderie. A couple times a year, the company will foot the bill for employee families to join in the fun as well.

Cons

Honestly, there are no reasonable drawbacks to working for VAIRKKO. If you are capable of your own time management, and capable of competently completing your own work by yourself, without someone looking over your shoulder to tell you every time you make a mistake, then this is a great place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep on truckin!