KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

VCE

Engaged Employer

VCE

Add a Review

VCE Employee Reviews about "management"

Updated Apr 16, 2022

Technical Account Manager

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good people in the trenches who are working hard and trying their best.(in 36 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good and the people are the BEST!(in 30 reviews)
  • "Pay good salaries for the right people.(in 11 reviews)
  • "Gotta say that working at VCE gives me access to the best technology in the world and the ability to innovate new solutions in an incredibly hot market.(in 11 reviews)
  • "Good pay, was big 'start up' in the beginning (2010) owned by EMC/VMware & Cisco now moving fast into the EMC organization.(in 10 reviews)
Cons
  • "Bad management is nothing new and you learn to deal with it wherever you are.(in 23 reviews)
  • "There is no work/life balance.(in 18 reviews)
  • "Managers need more behavior training; they treat their employee as a slave.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Toxic culture and an overpriced 'product' that can be assembled more cheaply via channel partners(in 8 reviews)
  • "Hours are long and then work is never done... but show me a fast paced hi(in 7 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Truly tragic: Don't believe the propaganda

Aug 15, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Could be great but essentially a past it start up full of incapable middle management yes men bloat. Some great talented people there but these are now leaving by the droves. If you fancy an early grave due to unreasonable demands you're in the right place. Compensation used to be good but now they want blood out a stone and kick you while your down.

Cons

The only reason there have been so many good reviews recently on this site is that VCE paid employees to do so, to defuse the bad reputation on here. Internal systems a joke might as well use a pen, paper and calculator.

9 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0

Prepare for a challenge

Dec 11, 2015 - Project Manager in Cork
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great bunch of people and a very friendly environment in the Cork office. People are always willing to help each other. A very fast environment that really tests and hones your skills. One year at VCE is worth ten in another company in terms of of the experience you gain.

Cons

Road maps are unclear and liable to change month to month. Senior management are removed from the day to day knock on effects of their decisions.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

VCE: Very Cowardly Executives

Aug 13, 2014 - Not Originally From EMC So I Don't Exist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pros? Well I suppose that working here is better than being unemployed because the pay and fringe benefits are darn good.

Cons

Most of the gushing reviews over the past several months seem to be coming from the field. All I can say is, 'Good for you.' I promise you that the picture isn't so rosy elsewhere, especially in the Engineering ranks. VCE's leadership team suffers from the biggest credibility deficit of any place I’ve ever worked and actually seems to be getting worse. At this point I thought they would have figured it out from the past four years of trial and error, but instead they seem to have doubled-down on idiocy this year. Switching directions is to be expected every once and awhile at any company. Here unfortunately that behavior is a daily occurrence. Plan. Re-plan. Plan. Re-Plan. Scrap everything you have been working on for the past 3 months and start over from scratch on the same project with a different set of deliverables. Why? Cowardice. Cowardice is the hallmark of the executive ranks at VCE at all levels and particularly of Engineering. Nice folks, but cowards that are unable to stand firm for fear of upsetting one of their current or former EMC peers. Instead, they re-write history so the promise they made to their teams, the process they put in place, or the product decision they made was only a casual hint, or suggestion. All of which exacts a heavy toll on those that put their trust in them to LEAD. And in that cowardice they sacrifice any possibility of credibility, respect or sustaining a viable company long term. Bad management is nothing new and you learn to deal with it wherever you are. Here at VCE however the failure of LEADERSHIP is pervasive, extensive and unquestionably accepted as the norm. I’ve exhausted all avenues trying to professionally perform my job duties and get virtually no support from the cowards that should be providing us with cover. Instead we get push back from them. I feel zero job satisfaction for actually accomplishing something, because I never actually finish what I've started. If and when we do eventually deliver something, it is nothing the team and I feel proud of having participated in. There is no feeling of accomplishment, no celebration, not even a high-five. Just a general feeling of 'Good riddance.' The money is not worth it any longer. I’ve finally given up and I've started looking elsewhere. Thank you Glassdoor! VCE was a great idea with outstanding potential that was doomed at launch like the space shuttle Columbia which disintegrated over Texas, the result of similar cowardly leadership at NASA. Somewhere in all of that is a parable. No doubt in a future slide deck one of the cowards will be bragging about how awesome they are to have hired my backfill, which undoubtedly will be someone they worked with at EMC, whether qualified, or not.

13 people found this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Ability to touch a lot of different tech; work/life balance can take a hit

Oct 14, 2015 - Solutions Architect in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

> Up to date technology and hardware > Ability to cross train into different disciplines

Cons

> Work life balance is tough. The travel is constant and hours at clients sites are very long > Resource management isn't the best; changes are made late > Since the EMC federation it seems there are more and more levels of middle management. Constant reorganisation changes doesn't give the feeling of security

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee

VCE Fosters Lots of Stress and Self-Doubt

Dec 15, 2015 - Individual Contributor - Non-Sales in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good health insurance, competitive pay. Some of the employees are extremely good people. Generous severance. The parking garage is helpful - especially when the weather is bad.

Cons

There seemed to be some hope floating around VCE before EMC completely took over. Once that happened, morale tanked. Management became super scared and super cranky. People quit working with the team and started only looking out for themselves. Departments work in silos and they don't communicate. When you try to pull a process out of a silo, people take it as if you're making a personal attack on their character (which is not at all the case.) There are very few SMEs at VCE. The true SMEs are ignored and the loudest people are admired instead - even if they have no clue what they're talking about. There is very little accountability as far as management goes. Management is so worried about what their superiorsManagement is so worried about what their superiorsManagement is so worried about what their superiors think that they can't lead their teams. They're scared to death. Weeks can go by without even an acknowledgement from management. Not even a smile while passing in the hall. They are consumed with fear and a selfish agenda. VCE has no transparency. Secrets are kept and if you're not part of the 'in crowd' (if you would rather spend time with your family than *at work* or *socializing with people from work*,) you are given the coldest shoulder of all. You aren't going to work at VCE and then go home. You are expected to worship the organization, its management and meet the demands of the most popular employees in your organization. VCE is a place to socialize, goof off, gossip, caress your boss' ego and meet EOM deadlines to make your boss and his/her cronies look good. If you're innovative, if you take initiative, if you care about the quality of your work and improving existing processes, you won't be happy at VCE. No one will listen to you. They'll try to run you off with incessant meetings dissecting your performance and nit-picking you to death. Stick around though. If they can figure out a way to lay you off, they'll give you a fat severance for your trouble.

9 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Zero work life balance and a delusional management

Dec 24, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is none. If you are a just out of college, it is a good place to start career and learn some basic technology. This is a very low tech company but the management is delusional and thinks that they are top notch technology company.

Cons

No work life balance. If you work here, you will have to forget that you have a family and personal life. There is no training. Top management doesnt know what they are doing. They take decisions without any idea of ground reality.

2 people found this review helpful