KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

VCE

Engaged Employer

VCE

Add a Review

VCE Employee Reviews about "people"

Updated Apr 16, 2022

Technical Account Manager

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good people in the trenches who are working hard and trying their best.(in 36 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good and the people are the BEST!(in 30 reviews)
  • "Pay good salaries for the right people.(in 11 reviews)
  • "Gotta say that working at VCE gives me access to the best technology in the world and the ability to innovate new solutions in an incredibly hot market.(in 11 reviews)
  • "Good pay, was big 'start up' in the beginning (2010) owned by EMC/VMware & Cisco now moving fast into the EMC organization.(in 10 reviews)
Cons
  • "Bad management is nothing new and you learn to deal with it wherever you are.(in 23 reviews)
  • "There is no work/life balance.(in 18 reviews)
  • "Managers need more behavior training; they treat their employee as a slave.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Toxic culture and an overpriced 'product' that can be assembled more cheaply via channel partners(in 8 reviews)
  • "Hours are long and then work is never done... but show me a fast paced hi(in 7 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Absolutely the Worst!!

May 1, 2016 - Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Honesty there not a lot of pros anymore ..this company is going down quickly. VCE used to be an exciting company when Tim Page ran it. All good things come to an end - I guess

Cons

Management is the key to this companies down hill spiral - beside the fact no one wants to spend the money on these products due to cost anymore as well as the amount of competition in this space. EMC has completely taken over so basically Vce is gone and left with knuckle Dragging sales people.

13 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fast-paced, energizing, dynamic company

Aug 12, 2014 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Real opportunities to make a difference and advance. Leading edge technology Never a boring moment! Brilliant and fun people to work with.

Cons

As a fairly new company, we are still experiencing growing pains. But to be expected with such incredible growth in 4 years.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great People

Apr 16, 2022 - Material Planner in Hagerstown, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are good and the people are the BEST!

Cons

The workload is not distributed equally. Management doesn't always know what their employees have on their plate.

4. 4.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Software Engineer

Sep 9, 2012 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people and teams together

Cons

too many meetings sometimes made me a little bit uncomfortable

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

I love VCE, phenomenal group of talented people and a company that is growing like crazy

May 16, 2014 - Presales Director in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

VCE won't be to everybody's taste. I get up everyday looking forward to another hard days work and I'm surrounded by people who have the same level of drive. This is the type of company where self-motivated, talented people who want to make a difference get the opportunity to shine. The financial rewards are great, the product is rock solid and the customer experience is second to none. Great people - I've only worked in one other company with such a talented and passionate group of people There are few opportunities in your career to work in a company that is moving as fast as it is, just make sure that you have the desire to work hard, add value and be passionate about VCE's market opportunity. If you aren't sure about the company and are thinking about working here, talk to potential peers in the company. If you still aren't sure, it probably isn't the place for you.

Cons

Work-life balance - VCE is a $1BN+ company and growing like crazy. They ask a lot of their people in terms of commitment but it is up to the individual to manage that. If you want a regular 9-5 job, don't apply. VCE isn't for you. VCE is a fast growing startup - tools and processes struggle to keep up. This results in additional work to cover the lack of tools

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Exciting company - Leading the industry

Jul 7, 2014 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company offers a one of a kind product and more and more companies are learning the benefits of choosing VCE. This is an exciting time to be a part of VCE to work towards the rapid growth and high expectations for this company. I am always learning something new and there are plenty of people to turn to for guidance.

Cons

Workspace is limited but should be expanding in US locations.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee

Run as fast as you can...appearances are deceiving you will regret

Aug 1, 2015 -  in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Promising therapy . I heard once a senior level person say "it's like we are a real company"

Cons

No established culture or norms. Mostly they lead through fear especially in the Sales area. Caution to potential employees you may be lured but when you get in the door there are no ethics so beware. People take and are not honest - like a big company without accountability

8. 1.0