VF Imagewear Reviews | Glassdoor

Scott Baxter

"Packer"

Former Employee - Packer in Riverview, FL
    Former Employee - Packer in Riverview, FL

I worked at VF Imagewear full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid on performance.
    Opportunity for more hours with good performance.

Cons

Inconsistent hours.
    Lack of growth due to management viewing others as competition.
    If your team is slow or makes errors it will affect your pay/ job status.

Advice to Management

You'll always have consistent people for work, but help the better ones grow, especially when they show passion and interest.

2. "Order picket"

Former Employee - Order Picker in Henning, TN
    Former Employee - Order Picker in Henning, TN

I worked at VF Imagewear full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good production money and some very great employees also steady employment great benefits and hours as well.

Cons

It can become a very negative place to work..most of the leads and supervisors are family so it is almost always favoritism and discrimination..

Advice to Management

I think they need to go in and clean up management from the ground because without it they are going to continue to lose absolutely great employees.

"Poor Management & Overall Communication"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

Great salaries and benefits! VF is also a great company to have on your resume. VF Imagewear is great for sports fans. They also have a lot of socials with good food.

Cons

A lot of discrimination, turbulent work relationships, horrible communication, very cliquish, poor management, and extremely poor training. There's no formal onboarding process at VF Imagewear and most of what I learned was by trial and error. You get no consistent guidance but then people get pissed at you because you did something incorrectly or not how they prefer it. There were often times where I felt set up for failure due to the lack of structure and training. People have witnessed their coworkers complete time consuming tasks incorrectly, then turn a blind eye and let them find out the hard way. The merchandising positions are NOT true merchandising. The Merchandise Associate position is more of an operational role. Reviewing styles to make sure operations set them up correctly; and by that I mean literally having a spreadsheet of sometimes over a thousand lines of styles to check for accuracy. Tedious does not even begin to describe the merchandising roles. Everyone is also so stressed out and on edge, that it creates a lot of hostility throughout the office. If you're a minority, be prepared to deal with those who won't even make eye contact with you. Oh and not to mention, the company is looking to sell so who knows what will happen to the VF Tampa location.

Advice to Management

Formalize a real onboarding process and a game plan to get new hires up-and-running. Throughly explain to Merchansiding candidates that there's about 10% analytical and creative aspects and about 90% pure clerical/administrative work. There's a big difference. Also it's best to have people who are actually positive and uplifting to train new hires. People who make comments like "I have too much to do to show you that" or "new people shouldn't be asking other new people about stuff like that. They don't know what they are talking about-" aren't the best to onboard.

"BEST company that I have ever worked for!!!!"

Former Employee - Productions Planning Specialist in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Productions Planning Specialist in Nashville, TN

I worked at VF Imagewear full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company is truly great. They operate honestly and they work extremely hard to make sure that the end-user is happy as well as their employees. They genuinely care about you and make you feel like part of the family!

There are plenty of advancement opportunities and they promote internally on a regular basis. They want you to grow with them and learn from them.

Cons

None! I wish there were more companies like this!!!!

Advice to Management

KEEP DOING WHAT YOU'RE DOING. Thank you so much for creating such a wonderful experience for everyone that works with you and below you. FANTASTIC job!!!

6. "A Good Company With Good Peple"

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at VF Imagewear full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

First - I was not allowed to post a review for a job ending year earlier than 2012. I actually left the company in March of 2008. Full disclosure - My leaving was not voluntary.
    VF is a good, solid company. They paid well and I was treated well. The work was challenging and often difficult. The corporate culture was what you might expect from any Fortune 500 company. Upper management tended to put the company first, Middle management tended to be more concerned about the employees. This is as it should be. The benefits were good, and the schedules were flexible. My boss (who ultimately let me go) was fair and honest. I actually would rather work for him again than my current employer even though I am now at a very good company. If you're looking for a perfect job at a perfect company, wake up and start looking for a little common sense. VF is a good place to work as long as you keep your priorities in line and understand that they will also.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about the company. I wish they had kept me, but I know it was a business decision. I would have made a different call, but I can't fault VF or the man who let me go. I've noticed too many negative comments on this site from former employees that smack of bitterness. Life goes on.

Advice to Management

Call me, we'll talk.

7. "Room for growth."

Former Employee - Senior Graphic Artist in Valrico, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Graphic Artist in Valrico, FL

I worked at VF Imagewear (More than 10 years)

Pros

VF is a great company to work for if you have just graduated from college. My co-workers where great as for as getting up to gear with the whole aperation. Pros is, you get to design for some of the best sport stars in the business, that play for the various sport companies such as the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB.

Cons

The cons is the pay is not great.

Advice to Management

Pay your workers what they are worth.

8. "Item Master Specialist"

Former Employee - Item Master Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Item Master Specialist in Tampa, FL

I worked at VF Imagewear (More than a year)

Pros

Great Sports Working Environment for the sports fan.

Cons

Not much to say about them.

9. "Management"

Former Employee - Account Management
    Former Employee - Account Management

I worked at VF Imagewear full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great compensation package. Some great employees with long tenure are also a plus to someone looking at joining the team.

Cons

Culture is lacking in true professionalism. A lot of corporate bureaucracy and good old boy network. Typical of a corporate culture. If you're willing to play the mind games to move up vs letting your work ethic speak for itself, this would be the place to work.

Advice to Management

See the comment in the cons.

10. "Territory sales manager"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at VF Imagewear full-time

Pros

Great teamwork atmosphere with great flexibility

Cons

None come to mind, travel but flexible schedule

Advice to Management

Create succession planning for young professionals

"Sales Manager"

Pros

Wonderful company to work for overall. Pay is decent and work environment good. Employees feel ownership in what they do.

Cons

Certain company execs are out of touch with market/job requirements as they do not work with end users any longer. Some were only promoted due to pay scale levels. Company seems to be more about numbers than contribution/effort and business has taken a downward spiral in past 2 years. Personally know of several mid level managers let go after training their replacements.