Cover image for VIP PetCare

Acquired by PetIQ
Is this your company?

VIP PetCare

Add a Review

VIP PetCare is now part of PetIQ. For up-to-date information, please see the profile.

VIP PetCare Reviews

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email

Found 125 of over 129 reviews

Updated Apr 27, 2022

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
Cons

Ratings by Demographics

Want more options?

This rating reflects the overall rating of VIP PetCare and is not affected by filters.

1. 5.0
      Nov 16, 2021
      Supervisor
      Lakeland, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

- lots of opportunities to get raises via accolades - most of your day is in the van driving -great co-workers -Awesome management

Cons

-Always work weekends -high turnover

Nov 26, 2021
        Rig Supervisor/Clinic Assistant
        Former Employee, more than 1 year
        Cranberry, PA
        Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is good, by the time I left I was making 18 an hour and could have made around 20 if I stayed a bit longer. Only work doubles on the weekends so you have your whole week to yourself

Cons

Horribly mismanaged. One HR representative for the entire company. It's a long day and you spend the whole day in a van driving around with your coworkers, so it's important you can get along with your coworkers. Multiple complaints filed against one employee, most supervisors refusing to work with them and explaining to management why. (misogyny, bad attitude, lazy, and the likes) I asked not to work with them, so obviously I worked with them every weekend for 6 months before I finally left. Nothing was done about it during the time that I worked there. Very difficult to avoid your coworkers at this job. A lot of drama as a result.

2. Join the VIP PetCare team
        See Our Latest Jobs
        1. 2.0
          Aug 12, 2021
          Veterinary Assistant
          Marietta, GA
          Business Outlook

Pros

- Management and coworkers are generally nice and easy to get along with except for a select few. - Employee’s pets and their friends/family pets can get all of their shots and micro chipping for free if you bring them to in-house training (no rabies tho) - Employees get a discount for services and purchases for their pets - If you enjoy driving, it’s pretty nice to have breaks in between clinics through driving.

Cons

- People call out unexpectedly all the time, so our schedules and locations get changed very often - Very few opportunities for raises - Inconsistent training - Salary isn’t very great considering how much other clinics pay. - High turnover rate - Management seems to be VERY inconsistent with some of their policies and routine. - Vet Assistants are at constant risk of injuries from fractious dogs. We get a lot of fractious dogs from owners who just don’t care. - They’ll be implementing a new system that is used for full time clinics around October 2021, which has severely negative reviews all around from coworkers who have tried it. - They require you to use a quiz program that tests your knowledge every time that you’re at work, which is somewhat exhausting depending on the day. - We all take turns driving the van, but some coworkers will go FAR beyond the speed limit or drive crazy to the point where I’m very uncomfortable and nervous. - Doesn’t count as an externship for vet programs

Mar 7, 2022
            Business Outlook

Pros

easy to pick up, fun, get to meet lots of cute critters

Cons

traveling, busy clinics (depending on the rig)

Oct 17, 2021
              Wilkes-Barre, PA
              Business Outlook

Pros

- This company is great to start out in to be in the veterinary medicine field - Working with different veterinarians shows you how style can vary - Great environment for growth - Teaches you the basics on animal restraint, vaccinations, blood draws, and some tests!

Cons

- The company is very sales pushy - The company also seems to make things happen before thinking them entirely through

Apr 27, 2022
                Vet Assistant
                Business Outlook

Pros

Hours were ok and has weekends off. Former vet and staff were great when I started off working there.

Cons

No support from management and benefits weren’t the best.

1. 2.0
                  Oct 11, 2021
                  Long Beach, CA
                  Business Outlook

Pros

Pros only for customers no benefits for PT employees Late start i guess if your not into working mornings or am shifts .

Cons

Management was horrible at her job ,rude and had favoritism w/in clinic staff Training makes no sense they expect you to learn their whole tablet system in 2days then get upset when you have some questions or wifis slow Definitely do not recommend if you love working in veterinarian medicine. I came from an all service hospital and here at vip safety wasnt the 1st priority was bit at the job several times due to the management “recommending” different holding /restraints for patients . Dr was amazing but definitely not management. Avoid this location.

Feb 11, 2022
                    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Pay, Flexible hours, Good training

Cons

Opening centers faster than they can find vets

Aug 23, 2021
                      Former Employee, more than 1 year
                      Business Outlook

Pros

Pretty easy job with an ok pay

Cons

Management does not know what they are doing. This is a beginner job and can max out of learning opportunities within 4-6 months.

May 29, 2020
                        Rig Supervisor
                        Current Employee, more than 3 years
                        Raleigh, NC
                        Business Outlook

Pros

You are compensated very well, and can get raises every year pretty easily. Flexible schedule being it's only on the weekends making it perfect for students. They train you, so no experience is needed which was hard for me to find. When they opened the wellness centers they gave us first pick if we wanted to work at them. They also paid us 2/3 of our pay during the entire COVID-19 thing even though we weren't working so that definitely deserves to be recognized.

Cons

Long hours, but its only 2 days a week so you fit more into those days. Dealing with coworkers for that long can be stressful, but like I said you are compensated for it. Sometimes management has its problems like with any company (favoritism, misinformation, etc..). No benefits and they don't really want you to be full time. The job is hard on your body and can be dangerous, I've seen lots of injuries on the job from dog bites, cat scratches, etc, but that is what you sign up for when you take the job. It is a travelling clinic so sometimes the drives can be super long like 4+ hours.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 125 Reviews
                      </>Embed

VIP PetCare Reviews FAQs

VIP PetCare has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 129 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at VIP PetCare to a friend and 45% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, VIP PetCare employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at VIP PetCare. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

66% of VIP PetCare employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated VIP PetCare 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at VIP PetCare to be benefits, management, career development and the cons to be diversity and inclusion .

Popular Careers with VIP PetCare Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Want the inside scoop on your own company?

Join your Company Bowl™ for anonymous work chats.

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

SR. Maintenance Engineer

I had an panel interview(which seems the last interview?) on Nov.21st, sent thank you email, and received response(look forward to our next step) on same day. but have not heard back from them afterwards. I understand that we had Thanksgiving weekend but should I send follow up email? or should I just wait?

2 Comments

Digital Marketing Coordinator

I am having an interview on Monday. Any tips or suggestions? I am finally getting back in work force after 1and a half year of break. I feel like I have lost the touch with current Digital Marketing landscape.

0 Comments

Kk Ss

I was recently laid off from a small cap company and worked as a data engineer for 2 years. Interviewing with another company started off today with the HR round. How and when do you guys negotiate sign on bonus? Is the rule of thumb is 10% of the compensation?

0 Comments

Glassdoor has 129 VIP PetCare reviews submitted anonymously by VIP PetCare employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if VIP PetCare is right for you.