Found 808 of over 6K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about VIPKid
Got a burning question about VIPKid? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with VIPKid employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Flexible work schedule and work from home" (in 759 reviews)
- "The pay is good and it doesn't require me to do any extra work outside of the classroom." (in 665 reviews)
- "Flexible hours and can work from any part of the world as long as you have reliable internet." (in 387 reviews)
- "Flexible and easy to create your own schedule." (in 358 reviews)
- "If you're willing to work and not complain then you'll make good money and like the company" (in 115 reviews)
- "Contract work so no benefits and you must cover all of your Social Security taxes." (in 149 reviews)
- "And sometimes it is still difficult to count on as many classes as I want." (in 139 reviews)
- "Recent pay cut affecting most veteran teachers who now feel they have no value to the company." (in 139 reviews)
- "poor communication between the company and contractors" (in 62 reviews)
- "Long Hiring Process, very particular." (in 26 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of VIPKid and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "class"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Feb 4, 2019Online English TeacherCurrent Contractor, less than 1 yearWilmington, NC
I set my hours, work from home and love my students
Many early hours and I struggle to say no to my students requests for classes.VIPKid Response5y
We’re glad you are enjoying yourself! Thanks for your comments!
- 3.0Jul 6, 2019TeacherCurrent Contractor, more than 3 yearsAustin, TX
Love the students! Curriculum is already created
Very difficult to communicate with the office. Rhetorical responses that don't address the question. Policies are implemented without transparency to the teachers. Successful classes are covertly being changed to Teacher IT problems and therefore not paid and Teachers record is flawed.VIPKid Response5y
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear the negative points you touched upon in reference to your time as a VIPKID teacher. If you’d like to discuss your concerns directly with us, please send in a ticket and our team will be in touch shortly.