Found 1,553 of over 6K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "scedule is flexible and you can work from home" (in 768 reviews)
- "The pay is good and it doesn't require me to do any extra work outside of the classroom." (in 657 reviews)
- "VIPKID offers flexible hours and after a few weeks it's possible to have a consistent schedule." (in 383 reviews)
- "Flexible and easy to create your own schedule." (in 355 reviews)
- "If you're willing to work and not complain then you'll make good money and like the company" (in 116 reviews)
- "Contract employee means no benefits and you have to make sure to pay your quarterly estimated taxes." (in 149 reviews)
- "And sometimes it is still difficult to count on as many classes as I want." (in 140 reviews)
- "Recent pay cut affecting most veteran teachers who now feel they have no value to the company." (in 137 reviews)
- "poor communication between the company and contractors" (in 63 reviews)
- "Lose students if you take time off" (in 31 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of VIPKid and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "hour"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Feb 4, 2019Online English TeacherCurrent Contractor, less than 1 yearWilmington, NC
I set my hours, work from home and love my students
Many early hours and I struggle to say no to my students requests for classes.VIPKid Response5y
We’re glad you are enjoying yourself! Thanks for your comments!
- 4.0May 7, 2018Anonymous ContractorCurrent Contractor
Create your own schedule. Rewarding and enjoyable job Work hours in early morning and evening so great 2nd job or stay at home mom job. Highest paying Hourly work I have ever done.
Once the weekly schedule you choose is set, little flexibility without penalty. Job security minimal. Contract can be terminated at any point by the company for a number of infraction. No holiday pay, benefits, retirement etc. No guaranteed hours. Parents must book you so there is a period of time you are not fully booked to your potential and grinding to build a clientelle. This could be anywhere from two weeks to 3 months. It varies.VIPKid Response6y
VIPKID really appreciates your kind words. We work hard every day to offer an even better environment to the amazing teachers in our platform!