The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about VIPKid? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with VIPKid employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "scedule is flexible and you can work from home" (in 768 reviews)
- "The pay is good and it doesn't require me to do any extra work outside of the classroom." (in 657 reviews)
- "VIPKID offers flexible hours and after a few weeks it's possible to have a consistent schedule." (in 383 reviews)
- "Flexible and easy to create your own schedule." (in 355 reviews)
- "If you're willing to work and not complain then you'll make good money and like the company" (in 116 reviews)
- "Contract employee means no benefits and you have to make sure to pay your quarterly estimated taxes." (in 149 reviews)
- "And sometimes it is still difficult to count on as many classes as I want." (in 140 reviews)
- "Recent pay cut affecting most veteran teachers who now feel they have no value to the company." (in 137 reviews)
- "poor communication between the company and contractors" (in 63 reviews)
- "Lose students if you take time off" (in 31 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of VIPKid and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 2,212 of over 6K reviews
Updated Sep 24, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "pay"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Dec 9, 2020TeacherCurrent Contractor
The students are awesome and it pays pretty well, considering I' m just sitting at home while I work. The company is also wonderful and very responsive to questions and concerns.
I wish the pay was a little bit more and that longevity with the company was better compensated. Also, because of the time difference between America and China, the times you have to teach are VERY early in the morning. I know there's nothing they can do about this, but it's a big con.
- 2.0Jan 26, 2021Online English TeacherCurrent Freelancer, more than 1 year
Choose your own time, Do it from home, lots of support and resources, great community of teachers
You don't really know what happens on the back end of the 'algorithms' and how parents actually book you, it's very biased and depends a lot on luck at first. Appearance matters. -Pay was decreased and VIPKid is constantly trying to find ways to make you work more for less money