What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Flexible work schedule and work from home" (in 759 reviews)
- "The pay is good and it doesn't require me to do any extra work outside of the classroom." (in 665 reviews)
- "Flexible hours and can work from any part of the world as long as you have reliable internet." (in 387 reviews)
- "Flexible and easy to create your own schedule." (in 358 reviews)
- "If you're willing to work and not complain then you'll make good money and like the company" (in 115 reviews)
- "Contract work so no benefits and you must cover all of your Social Security taxes." (in 149 reviews)
- "And sometimes it is still difficult to count on as many classes as I want." (in 139 reviews)
- "Recent pay cut affecting most veteran teachers who now feel they have no value to the company." (in 139 reviews)
- "poor communication between the company and contractors" (in 62 reviews)
- "Long Hiring Process, very particular." (in 26 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of VIPKid and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 1,460 of over 6K reviews
Updated Sep 21, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "schedule"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Feb 29, 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
I've been working at VIPKID for just over four months. VIPKID offers flexible hours and after a few weeks it's possible to have a consistent schedule. The children are adorable, there is a very well designed curriculum, and the pay is double that of other online jobs. I have a set of 'regular' students I see every week and have really enjoyed seeing their progress.
There is a very strict cancellation policy and few exceptions for things like IT problems or sick days.2VIPKid Response6y
VIPKID really appreciates your kind words. We work hard every day to offer an even better environment to the amazing teachers in our platform!
- 5.0Apr 15, 2020ESL TeacherCurrent Contractor, less than 1 year
This company has a huge support network. They provide amazing curriculum that is taught on a platform that is fun and engaging for the kids. Teachers are responsible for their own schedule and can work as much or as little as you want!
The only con I can think of are sore cheeks for genuinely smiling for several hours a day!!!VIPKid Response4y
We are honored that you love using our platform! Thank you so much!