KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Consulting

1y

works at

Deloitte

Harshest feedback you’ve ever received?

7,079

606 Comments

Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company

Dec 1, 2021 - Virtual Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, Understanding, Awesome Clients, work From home

Cons

Finding a work at home balance

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not a Positive Experience

Nov 9, 2021 - Virtual Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Able to work from home.

Cons

Low pay, little chance for increased pay even after asking about year reviews, etc. Managers will favor some VAs over others by telling them more information about what’s going on with the company. Some VAs think they’re your manager when they’re not.

1 person found this review helpful

VIRTUAL GAL FRIDAY Response

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate any and all feedback we receive. We do want to address some of the points you've chosen to write about. 1. Our pay is hourly. Your time is cumulative, also known as billable time, through the two week pay period, which amounts to X amount of hours. Therefore, you are paid on those hours. Yes, you are paid on time worked, which is what billable time means. This is described in detail during the interview process, and again during onboarding, so every VA is completely aware of the process prior to committing to joining the company. Many of our assistants love this, because they are able to add as much or as little work to their load as they desire, and are able to see it happening. 2. We held your 6 month review, slightly later than anticipated due to very necessary internal changes and we apologize for your delay. However, you did violate HIPAA prior to your review. This is considered a fireable offense, and can actually result in lost wages, legal fines and much more. We elected to give you another chance with staying on board, with the expectation you would not sustain another violation, in addition to giving you a raise which was not actually merited at that time. We do our best to accommodate our employees, especially those who have continued to work successfully and achieved optimal performance in their roles, and we do offer raises to these employees fairly regularly. Unfortunately, given your extreme circumstances, you were not eligible for the hefty raise you requested at that time. We absolutely do not use gratitude to our employees in lieu of raises, this is entirely false as aforementioned. 3. We are sorry if you felt clients were rude. We always ask our employees to provide feedback if clients are causing an issue, and if that is the case, we intervene and resolve the issue. 4. We do not privy VA's to managerial information, so unfortunately, we aren't sure what this reference means. If you felt another VA was favorited, we apologize. Again, we have an "open door" policy and always welcome these concerns to be discussed. 5. Unfortunately most VA companies operate in the way we do, and do not offer benefits. This is a part time role, and almost all part time roles do not offer benefits. Again, this is discussed at length in the interview process. 6. We hope that your next position is successful, and should you have another violation, they provide you with the same respect we did enabling you to stay on and even provide a small raise. We wish you the best of luck.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Jan 24, 2021 - Virtual Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome place to work, accommodating to your schedule. Very independent and can be self paced.

Cons

None at this time, no complaints.

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Joke of a company!

Jan 2, 2020 - Virtual Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

There’s nothing good I can’t say!

Cons

Your not trained properly! They provide videos for you to watch. No hands on training! Barely any communication, lots of people resign or just don’t come back. They offer you pay per hour, but in reality it’s pay per task that’s doesn’t even make up for an hour.

Be the first to find this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for your review. We do take them seriously and always use them as learning tools in our business. We do expect our employees come into the job with prior experience. Our training videos are meant to be quick guides. Yes, we did update our software and that can be frustrating. We had been working on transitioning to better systems in 2019. This change was to make everyones jobs easier, not more difficult. This was explained at length company wide. Virtual Gal Friday is very transparent about the pay structure. It’s clear on the website and mentioned throughout the multiple interview process. This job is not for everyone, it can be face paced and working with multiple clients through the day is usually part of that. Some can’t handle that. Our goal is also to keep a positive rapport within the team. If you have additional concerns please reach out directly to us at employees@virtualgalfriday.com. We are happy to clear this issue up.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

May 20, 2019 - Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, great team and great pay. For those of you leaving bad reviews, maybe stop taking jobs that don't match your skillset. The turnover is high because people take the job and then quit with no notice when they realize it's a real job and you have to work and complete tasks. Everyone bad mouths the training and the ceo. First off, the ceo is not involved in day to day employee issues. Secondly, the training is available to everyone and many people (like myself) have taken that training and continue to work with clients and earn a decent paycheck.

Cons

workers quitting with no notice and leaving other employees to pick up the slack

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

The Reviews Are Beyond True , BEWARE

May 17, 2019 - Virtual Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you like getting paid nothing and wasting your time getting paid per task then this job is for you

Cons

Garbage pay, ceo is extremely rude, unprofessional on boarding,

7 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for your review. We do take them seriously and always use them as learning tools in our business. However, bad mouthing others and using foul language is very unbecoming and does not get the point of the review across and basically makes the person posting the review look bad. Virtual Gal Friday is very transparent about the pay structure. It’s clear on the website and mentioned throughout the multiple interview process. This job is not for everyone, it can be face paced and working with multiple clients through the day is usually part of that. Some can’t handle that. If you have additional concerns please reach out directly to us at employees@virtualgalfriday.com. We are happy to clear this issue up.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee

You’ve been warned

May 11, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work from home.

Cons

High turnover rate. Their billing team will overlook your hours for your final paycheck if you quit and the CEO will try and withhold your final paycheck if you fail to give notice of your resignation.

10 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for your review. We do take them seriously and always use them as learning tools in our business. Virtual Gal Friday is very transparent about the pay structure. It’s clear on the website and mentioned throughout the multiple interview process. Since your post is anonymous we can’t answer to your specific issue. Our goal is also to keep a positive rapport within the team. If you have additional concerns please reach out directly to us at employees@virtualgalfriday.com. We are happy to clear this issue up.

8. 3.0
    Former Employee

I Think They Mean Well!

Mar 6, 2019 - Virtual Receptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexible schedule, staff and mgmt is super nice, easy communication

Cons

disorganized, a lot of phone time

4 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for your Positive review. We do take them seriously and always use them as learning tools in our business. We do expect our employees come into the job with prior experience. Our training videos are meant to be quick guides. This job is not for everyone, it can be face paced and working with multiple clients through the day is usually part of that. Some can’t handle that. Our goal is also to keep a positive rapport within the team. If you have additional concerns please reach out directly to us at employees@virtualgalfriday.com. We are happy to clear this issue up.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Perfect job.

Aug 21, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I feel so grateful to have found this job. CEO, Nancy Brown, has worked hard to build a successful business and loves helping others do the same. As a boss she is generous and understanding. I have the perfect schedule and I love coming to work each day.

Cons

There are no cons with this job.

3 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Current Employee

The reviews are true

Feb 14, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

None, there's nothing good about this company

Cons

All of the warnings about this company and the CEO? ALL TRUE!!! Nancy has a friendly demeanor for all of 5 minutes and then once the pleasantries are out of the way, her true self comes out. Incomplete training, insensitive and unprofessional comments from uncaring management, low pay, etc. Not a good work place whatsoever. Everyone deserves to be treated better than this!!

19 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for your review. We do take them seriously and always use them as learning tools in our business. However, attacking individuals personally and saying things that are not true in a anonymous post is not very becoming behavior. Virtual Gal Friday is very transparent about the pay structure. It’s clear on the website and mentioned throughout the multiple interview process. This job is not for everyone, it can be face paced and working with multiple clients through the day is usually part of that. Some can’t handle that. Our goal is also to keep a positive rapport within the team. If you have additional concerns please reach out directly to us at employees@virtualgalfriday.com. We are happy to clear this issue up.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Reviews