VISTA Staffing Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 14, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Christian Rutherford

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Each individual team seems to have a positive work environment making Vista a pleasant place to work (in 11 reviews)

• Benefits are great, colleagues are nice and fun to work with (in 6 reviews)

1. "Physician Recruiter"

Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Cottonwood Heights, UT

I have been working at VISTA Staffing Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work makes a difference in peoples lives. Patients, providers, and facilities all benefit when you recruit a physician. They have a competitive first year ramping period where you can put in hard work and make enough income while building your pipeline. Management is also good at not micro managing those who are performing.

Cons

The in house CRM lacks advanced features, but that is supposed to be changing in the next year or so with a complete replacement. The PTO accrual is a little lower than previous positions I've been in, but they make it up with the ability to earn PTO when achieving weekly goals.

Advice to Management

Less meetings and more time on the floor doing side by side coaching with those who are struggling to find movement in their pipelines.

2. "Advice from an MD"

Former Employee - Physician in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Physician in Houston, TX

I worked at VISTA Staffing Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I hope there are some.

Cons

Your recruiters, like in some competing companies, insist on calling physicians, especially on our cellphones. Cold calling is Dead...use email!!

Advice to Management

see above under "dons."

3. "Sales"

I have been working at VISTA Staffing Solutions full-time

Pros

Ability to maximize income (pay based on performance)
    Great supportive team environment
    Friendly colleagues

Cons

Ramp up can feel very frustrating in the current marketplace

"Their apathy of employee concerns, ideas and interests is almost comedic."

I worked at VISTA Staffing Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are willing to put on a smile when your valid questions are being ignored, break policies to your advantage and befriend peers and managers to hopefully get a little ahead of the competition, you're golden.

Cons

Management has NO interest in your feedback. It is apparent in almost every level starting with the CEO and trickling down to department managers. This wouldn't be as much of an issue if most pieces of my every day routine were running smoothly. Unfortunately, that is not the case. To name a few, issues with ownership between fellow recruiters, scheduling conflicts with account managers and client/recruiter communication barriers due to uninformed and unorganized account managers. In other words, their platform was completely broken and they had little to no interest in fixing it.

Advice to Management

Simply put, stop being terrible leaders and pay attention to real talent. Stop making excuses for the overwhelming turnover and address the real problem, the unprofessional and under qualified managers being promoted or placed into positions they are clearly not fit for.

Stop wasting everyone’s time with a two hour meeting about a few random individuals’ promotions while spending under 15 minutes to explain the “changes to come in your commission.”

Perhaps use all of this time to retrain management on a variety of topics:
    1) recruiting basics – to expand the possibility of forming a new idea or strategy
    2) providing positive and negative feedback – when and how often this should be done
    3) how to encourage a positive and idea-forming work environment - to become less centralized around how recruiters can compete against each other to increase profit and more about how we can work together to make the company and ourselves more money.

PS: The underlining irony of this section titled “Advice to Management” is that regardless of the feedback given here, in person through current employees or through any possible outlet, this company is incapable of change.

5. "It's okay!"

I have been working at VISTA Staffing Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Uncapped Commission, friendly environment, everyone is very helpful.

Cons

Favoritism, middle management not very helpful.

6. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at VISTA Staffing Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very positive work-life balance. I feel 100% supported in what I do, and still have the autonomy to run my book of business the way that is most effective for me. Company benefits and pay are competitive with industry standard. I have had a lot of training in my role so I feel confident working with my providers and making the best placements. I find that placing medical providers is a very rewarding career overall.

Cons

Ramp up can take some time. I was told this is more of an investment in my career and it has certainly been just that. It took me a good six months to feel good about my book of business, but it's a very lucrative opportunity once you start making placements. Advice to any new recruiter, keep the big picture in mind when you are first starting out.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at VISTA Staffing Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, awesome benefits, lot's of opportunity, and a great culture!

Cons

A lot of multi-tasking and competitive, but if you are good with those things it's no sweat.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at VISTA Staffing Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They had a roof over your head while working.

Cons

Misrepresentation of pay. Base salary of 35k actually had to be paid back out of earned monthly commission. I paid $2500.00 per month back to the company. It was a counterproductive commission structure. Demotivating to the very type of person they count on for success/revenue "SALES PEOPLE". Also in a world of companies striving to accomodate work/life balance they refuse. No working from home even though this is a Phone only shop. The industry is a cookie cutter business for mobile workers. They don't trust or empower their employees. It is like working for a company from the dark ages. They have a click from the olden days that run the newer CEO around. It's like Obama and Congress... He can't get anything passed. There are no growth opportunities and they don't consider themselves to be a Growth company. It us like everyone there is on their way out. Minimal motivation to excel and management is completely out of touch with employees at all levels. Worst job ever!

Advice to Management

No advice matters. They pretend to care and listen then do absolutely nothing about anything.

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

I worked at VISTA Staffing Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work-Life Balance, Hardly any Micro-Management

Cons

Compensation is very poor, Zero career growth opportunities, Office Politics

Advice to Management

Make the career progression realistic, also look at increasing the base salary, Have a better idea of what is going on in the office

"Horrible Environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at VISTA Staffing Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Depending on your manager, there isn't any micro-managing.

Cons

Negative work place, poor salary, unrealistic expectations, management makes false promises.

Advice to Management

Get your act together, some of the worst management I have ever seen.