VIVO Agency Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"On the right path"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at VIVO Agency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Doing great work. Exciting new space that no one else is in. Never boring. Super people.

Cons

It's a start up, so things get messy.

Advice to Management

Keep learning from mistakes. Keep believing in the agency offering. Trust the people you've got.

2. "Getting there!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

I have been working at VIVO Agency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Like any agency, the work environment is casual, fun, and energizing however, the group of people at Vivo really is top notch. The office is small, there is no drama, everyone pitches in and makes it a super fun place to work.

Cons

Feels almost like a start up - the work ebbs and flows, you never know whether it's going to be busy or slow and because there is no planning, the company can't staff accordingly. This leaves everyone doing multiple jobs. Process is lacking and the work isn't extremely challenging and the atmosphere isn't for everyone - it has a young, very non PC vibe.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging, respect your employees and trust them to do their jobs.

3. "Contract Employee"

Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at VIVO Agency (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with
    Big ideas
    Niche in the marketplace

Cons

Small company
    High turnover
    Growing too fast

4. "Overal a great place, with a few things to improve."

I have been working at VIVO Agency full-time

Pros

The people here are top notch. Everyone pitches in, no matter their title, & great work comes from it.

Cons

CEO isn’t like most; you need a good sense of humor & sometimes a tough skin.

Advice to Management

The CEO is working on his flaws (we all have them!). We appreciate the transparency provided daily.

"Great work from great people"

Current Employee - Senior CopyWriter
    Current Employee - Senior CopyWriter

I have been working at VIVO Agency full-time

Pros

VIVO is unlike any other agency I've seen yet. The work is great, the environment is excellent, but what sets this agency apart is the people. It has a true family feel to it. There's a ton of work from new business and every chips in to get it done.

Cons

Still ironing out some process kinks but other than that, no complaints.

"Director of New Business Development"

Current Employee - Director of New Business Development
    Current Employee - Director of New Business Development

Pros

VIVO is a great place to work! A team that works in synergy and a dedicated creative group of people. Over the span of my 16 year career I have never encountered a more unique group to work within the space of marketing and advertising.
    This agency is growing by leaps and bounds! We are crazy busy with new business. I can guarantee this is the case coming from the business development side of the group.

Cons

No downsides I have nothing to say negative about this group.

Advice to Management

Continue to work together.

"Creative, hard-working agency on the rise"

Pros

Overall, VIVO is a great place to work. Some of the most creative, dedicated people I've ever encountered in my 17-year career I've found here. And the place is very tight-knit--working together in a small space will do that. We're bursting at the seams, but we're moving office space this summer, so that will be addressed as well. Leadership has a clear vision for the growth and evolution of the agency, and we continue to win new business from high-profile clients. It's an exciting time to be part of the VIVO family. Compensation is competitive, and while you'll work hard, you'll be rewarded and encouraged to take time off when you need it.

Cons

Like any fairly new, growing business, there are growing pains. We're continually working to define processes and procedures, and those things sometimes take time to get right. But your input will always be valued--no matter what department you're in. As mentioned above, you will work hard--our bread and butter is delighting our clients.

Advice to Management

Continue to emphasize work/life balance and solicit process feedback from all employees (and freelancers).

"A new dawn for VIVO"

Pros

I recently joined this agency, despite some concerns. I was happy to find that the culture has dramatically improved, with the addition of new leadership. This has become a very fun place to work and is heading towards greatness—all of my original concerns have been vanquished.

Cons

Still ironing out processes and roles, but the opportunity to contribute to this is very exciting. We're building something here, it's a new dawn for VIVO.

"Much Better"

Pros

New leadership has led to some big changes. We are winning business and working much smarter.

Cons

Still not perfect and still some growing pains.

"Oppressive, Fear-based Environment and Culture"

Pros

Solid staff and overall personable individuals with a teamwork mindset. Strong creative team with diverse backgrounds and abilities.

Cons

A 'revolving door' agency with a president that truly cares about and no one, that includes both staff and clients. He also prides himself on being unprofessional, aggressive and in many ways, just offensive. The only way to succeed at this agency, is to simply stop thinking for yourself, allow yourself to be micromanaged and get used to saying yes to everything.

Small agency and business thinking
    Unstable business and client relationships
    Lack of planning and forecasting