VIZIO Reviews | Glassdoor

VIZIO Reviews

Updated Jun 12, 2019

3.2
VIZIO Founder and CEO William Wang (no image)
William Wang
Pros
  • "Great Benefits package that can't be beat by other companies in the area(in 9 reviews)

• "General work/life balance of 8:30am-5:30pm work hours(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "In general work/life balance can be difficult here depending on your position(in 11 reviews)

• "This is a fast paced job that requires highly committed team members(in 6 reviews)

1. "Amazing people and culture!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at VIZIO full-time for less than a year

Pros

Felt at home immediately Great Benefits Is a progressive organization, always forward thinking Free weekly breakfast, on-site fitness activities, great work/life balance/pay Highly intelligent group of people

Cons

None really, if I had to ask for one thing, it would be to allow work from home days once or twice a week.

VIZIO2019-06-12
  2. "Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at VIZIO full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been here less than a year. I enjoy the family- like atmosphere in conjunction with the high tech engineering vibe. Good place to work!

Cons

Benefits can be improved in the area of 401K.

VIZIO2019-06-12

"good place to learn"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at VIZIO full-time for less than a year

Pros

- My team and manager. Good communication and culture, a lot of support to grow as a developer - Work life balance - Getting to work on project with very direct impact and results - Opportunity to learn about multiple layers of software, firmware

Cons

Compensation on the lower end for Seattle

VIZIO2019-05-15
  4. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Category Manager

I worked at VIZIO full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice working environment; work and life balance

Cons

some office politics discourage employees to take extra miles.

VIZIO2019-05-01
  5. "Great employees, distant management, under-market wages"

I have been working at VIZIO full-time

Pros

Very intelligent, diverse, respectful and capable employees. Comfortable office space in Irvine HQ. Cutting-edge technology and opportunities to work on complex projects. Great benefits package. Quarterly bonuses. General work/life balance of 8:30am-5:30pm work hours.

Cons

VIZIO pays under-market wages. For some departments, difficult to obtain promotions to advance within company. Senior management often oblique on company strategic goals and business planning.

VIZIO2019-05-01
  6. "Nimble/fast-paced but good culture and people"

Current Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at VIZIO full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-strong workers here that are able to wear multiple hats, are dedicated to the work, and produce great results - no micromanagement, and flexible hours - the culture and morale is overall improving (breakfast on thursdays, quarterly meetings, company lunches)

Cons

- pressures from upper management / somewhat of an unorganized structure - expectations are extremely high for quick turnarounds/timelines and there can be lack of support

VIZIO2019-04-04

"LOW pay, long hours and horrible career development"

Former Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at VIZIO full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-The people there are all come from the same industry (TV consumer electronics, Media, Advertising, Cable) so the knowledge in this particular area is very strong -Runs like a startup - you need to be really creative so it develops these skills quickly -They are located in a very nice city -Some nice people (about 30% of the company) work there.

Cons

-Salaries are VERY LOW for the work/hours you put in (take the standard salary for your position and -25%, yes MINUS 25%! That's what you'll get paid. -Terrible career development - you'll only get promoted when your boss leaves or retires (so you'll be waiting for years and years) -Long hours are a constant, you'll work 12 hours a day all year round -People who work there have no knowledge/experience outside of the Media, TV consumer electronics, cable, and marketing industries and they don't care about implementing best practices from other successful companies and industries -Nearly everyone there is pretentious and arrogant (about 70% of the company)

VIZIO2019-04-23
  8. "Best Job I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Deskside Services Administrator in Irvine, CA

I have been working at VIZIO full-time

Pros

*Flexible Schedule *Family matters *Always learning something new *No micro-management *Great Benefits *Great atmosphere and people

Cons

*On-site Gym could be improved

VIZIO2019-03-10
  9. "Great Company. Great Environment."

I have been working at VIZIO full-time

Pros

Small enough to make an impact. Large enough to make a difference. Not (too) political. A relaxed environment where the people really are open and efficient. Executive Leadership team is accessible and open to input. It's exciting - cool products and very forward-thinking company.

Cons

Tight budgets - so you have to be more creative and realistic.

VIZIO2018-12-10

"Is working here a career killer?"

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at VIZIO full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There's lots of drinking at company parties. If you're into that kind of thing you'll be happy. Interesting technology with lots of potential. Company is good at selling product which provides some stability.

Cons

There's lots of drinking at company parties. Alcoholic tendencies seem to spill over into the work environment. Management doesn't know how to communicate with contractors and employees and coordinate even basic work. Routine technical tasks will spiral into fast technical-babble-speak that makes no sense to anybody. Hard to get anything done that way. It's been causing issues with contractors for a long time too. Watch out. Chaos ensues. I just learned that the company canned the only guy (a team lead/hiring manager) who was able to solve this problem and sort out the chaos and improve product. Look at this company's comments on mobile app stores before working here. The comments speak for themselves. That's what you'll inherit, and it's doubtful you'll get the support you need to fix problems. I'm concerned about my own prospects at this company now.

VIZIO2019-01-03

VIZIO Response

January 10, 2019Senior Manager Human Resources

Why no, working at VIZIO is absolutely not a career killer…quite the opposite indeed! We are glad you brought these points up. We see you’re from the Seattle office, which is a pretty exciting and cutting-edge location for VIZIO. The management team has recently done a ton about helping to define career paths and be transparent about next steps at all career levels. In most cases, growth can happen quick here! There is so much that we are proud of as a technology employer of choice and our innate culture embraces an entrepreneurial mindset where we work hard given our efficient team dynamics and play hard. Holiday festivities are definitely…festive and we do a lot of team building in the way of happy hours. Playing hard has not hindered our success, our Seattle team has been working diligently on voice integrated Smartcast apps like Alexa, Google Home and connectivity with Airplay 2. Check out this article that was published yesterday! https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/7/18171670/vizio-p-series-quantum-x-airplay-2-atmos-speakers-ces-2019 Thank you for your contribution. We are over the top excited for 2019 and beyond! HR doors are always open, if you have a specific concern about the well being of a co-worker or decisions that the management team makes that affect you negatively, we urge you to please speak to a member of the team.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 102 reviews