VMC Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Juliana Su

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Very lax work environment, nearly no punishment for violating company policies (in 6 reviews)

• nice people, co-workers from all of the world (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management changed frequently (in 12 reviews)

• Competitive work environment as the company only hires a limited number of full-time employees (in 5 reviews)

1. "A great opportunity to work with"

Pros

Fun opportunities
    Many different positions
    Offer some unique remote testing opportunities

Cons

GBTN Emails tend to have a lot of mistakes which can create confusion.

2. "Amazing Company"

Former Employee - Senior Sharepoint Developer in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Sharepoint Developer in Redmond, WA

I worked at VMC Consulting (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing Company to wok for

Cons

I have none comments on this

Advice to Management

none

Jul 13, 2017 – Senior Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience! We are so grateful for all of the contributions you made to further VMC’s success. Best of luck in the future!

3. "Good overall experience with company and people"

I worked at VMC Consulting full-time

Pros

VMC is an always evolving company so if you enjoy new challenges, variety and the ability to have input on positive changes, then VMC is for you.
    The recent executive management team that has been in place for just under a year, brings a lot of new fresh ideas and strategic direction. Joe Lyons, VP of sales, is very thoughtful and strategic and is the first manager in years that I was comfortable introducing to people and having solid conversations with.

Cons

Consistency - this flows through the whole organization and can create frustration and if it can be ironed out so that everyone is speaking the same language on services, processes and direction it would go along way towards being more successful.

Advice to Management

Make sure the direction and strategy is constantly messaged throughout the org and that execution of it is always top of mind, this will so allow all employees to buy in 100% and move the company forward.

Jul 13, 2017 – Senior Manager

We really appreciate your feedback! Happy to hear of your positive experience working at VMC. Thank you for sharing your comments and suggestions as well, they are invaluable. The consistency and... More

"Do not work here ! you will be fired."

Former Employee - Dedicated Tier II SharePoint in Fargo, ND
    Former Employee - Dedicated Tier II SharePoint in Fargo, ND

Pros

NONE! there are no pros !

Cons

There are no benefits in the fargo office. SharePoint is who you will be working for. The managers on that team are two faced. The training is a joke, you arent showed how to fix or troubleshoot anything. The only thing you are trained on is policy and procedures. Ive been in the IT field my entire working career. I am now jobless after several months because of this place.

The managers might be nice to you at first, but after a couple months they treat you differently. Good luck with getting help from anyone, you wont get it. theres only a couple people you can actually get help from and they are to busy helping a manager or doing some other team lead task.

you will also be written up if your customer becomes upset, or your email isnt formatted in a special way, or if they dont like the format.

you practically get written up for everything you do. you cant even take days off because the management team doesnt let you take days off. i worked there for almost a year and i only got 2 days off that i asked for. i worked every single holiday and it was horrible.

the overnight shift is the worst. there are only about 3 or 4 people the entire night and you will be overloaded with 20+ cases.

the before i got fired, i got my last written warning and management told me that they were going to give me a "clean slate". the very next day i was called to the office and they fired me.

i repeat, do not take employment here!!! If you are looking for a new job and still have your current job, i promise its not as bad as this place is !!

I left my previous job because of all the "good news" i heard from the management in my interview. now i cant go back to my old job because they needed me to start immediately.

well they reason they need you to start immediately is because they are constantly firing people.

That doesnt even cover how bad the customers are. if you are not a programmer, you are in for a world of hurt. you will end up talking to software developers and you wont have a clue what to talk to them about. they treat you like garbage as well, most of the customers do.

oh and dont even think that when your shift ends that it means you get to go home. if you have 20 cases in your list and its time to go home, guess what LOL !! you have to stay and finish hitting all of your cases.

Heres the kicker, if you accrue overtime with a high caseload, management starts to yell at you for having overtime. i got yelled at because i had overtime and i was threatened to be wrote up if i continued to have overtime.

theres a team lead there that has shortman syndrome, he will belittle you and treat you worse than scum and give you a verbal whipping in the back.

also you cant even trust your own co-workers. I had co-workers point out things they didnt agree with in my emails, such as the way it was formatted. it lead to written warnings.

Advice to Management

fire the management. get management that actually cares about its employees.

5. "Project Manager"

I worked at VMC Consulting full-time

Pros

Flexibility, Variety of Work, and Location

Cons

Constant Leadership Turnover, Compensation, and Benefits

Advice to Management

Separate yourself from Volt Information Sciences to help with your image and allow more adjustable margins. Pay attention to customer relationships. Pay attention to benefits for employees as there is not a one size fits all, there should be something offered for testers or lower level hourly employees and something for professional level employees.

Jul 13, 2017 – Senior Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate your candor. We’re sorry to hear that your experience with VMC wasn’t more positive. While I can’t speak to the past, I do know we are committed to... More

6. "Feeling positive about current leadership and direction!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at VMC Consulting full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

We've got a strong leadership team in place who are all committed to grow VMC. New ideas, new connections, new way of thinking. They are agile, they try new processes and quickly adjust if they are not working. They are supportive and respectful of all levels of employees. This is all very refreshing for VMC.

Cons

Would be nice to have more community involvement, stronger pay and benefits. This is on their agenda and shared often. We just need to get to a better place financially.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Stay transparent. You have a great group of employees behind you and those who are unwilling to change from past ways will slowly work their way out of VMC and go elsewhere. We appreciate all of you.

7. "Best place to work for!!"

I have been working at VMC Consulting full-time

Pros

Fantastic new management, great longetevity and experience in the delivery team, and a stellar work atmosphere.

Cons

A few employees are not adapting quickly to the change in regime.

Advice to Management

Keep rocking it!

8. "Exciting new times at VMC"

I have been working at VMC Consulting full-time

Pros

Great vision from leadership, working with major trending industries, environment offers ability to influence change, implementing newer systems

Cons

Working through legacy processes and skepticism regarding meaningful change.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing boundaries to innovate and stay relevant, appreciate the customer obsession and enthusiasm taking on a significant vision!

9. "Excellent New Management"

Current Employee - Business Development in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Redmond, WA

I have been working at VMC Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I think VMC finally brought on board the right management for the job at hand. Processes are getting streamlined allowing us to better to our jobs, etc. Bar has also been substantially raised.

Cons

Benefits could still use improvement.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

10. "Management"

Former Employee - Sales in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Sales in Redmond, WA

I worked at VMC Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well funded company, great clients, and plenty of opportunity.

Cons

Management lacks leadership, and direction. Very tactical oriented, not strategic.

Advice to Management

Pick a direction and follow it...show some leadership. Many promoted by the Peter Principal.....