VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California Reviews | Glassdoor

2.3
VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California CEO Marsha Fox
Marsha Fox

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "VNA Hospice and Palliative Care of Southern California is Excellent"

Pros

This company provides quality care with the expertise of a quality team.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the mission of taking care of the community and this will insure the company continues to grow and succeed.

2. "Feels like family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Claremont, CA

I have been working at VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoying working for the VNA. We have 2 offices. When I come to work it is like I am working with family. Co workers really care about one another. I feel we are the best hospice and do amazing work with our patients.

Cons

With hospice there is a lot of competition. With competition that means less patients and less patients means budget cuts.

Advice to Management

Try to give something back to the staff. Everyone has given up something during tough times. An increase in pay would be appreciated.

"Wonderful clients, poor management."

Former Employee - Private Duty HHA in Claremont, CA
    Former Employee - Private Duty HHA in Claremont, CA

I worked at VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The clients I got to take care of were always nice and the families were great. I rarely had any problems.

Cons

The people in the office are relentless when it comes to trying to get you to accept a job. It doesn't seem to matter to them if you have to drive 3 miles or 30 miles. They guilt trip you into taking clients, even after you tell them you can't. If you have a full time job and use this place as a second job, beware. They would call me early in the morning when I was still asleep (I worked nights at my full time job) and they'd call me while I was at work. They'll call you 8 or 9 times and then text you if you don't get back to them right away.

Advice to Management

If an employee fills out a paper with hours they are available to work, don't call them and ask them to work hours when they are unavailable. Otherwise that paper is pointless.

"So Disappointed"

Pros

Some co-workers are real team players, love the patients and the families, Non-profit, get to provide a lot more than most hospices would to a family

Cons

We are not micro managed. Our new manager could care less the shape our location is in. Some people are allowed to give 40% and others are expected to pick up that slack all the time. She herself cares more about her paycheck than any of us.

Advice to Management

Listen to us. Ask us how things are in our department. Let us tell you how bad it is without being afraid of getting fired or retaliated against.

"Management Team Difficult to work with"

Former Employee - Community Liaison in Claremont, CA
    Former Employee - Community Liaison in Claremont, CA

I worked at VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was decent, close to home, the position was one that made you feel good about what you were doing at the end of the day.

Cons

No creativity, their way was the only way.if you want to be micromanaged, this is the place for you. A very high turn over.

Advice to Management

You hire someone to do a job, let them do it. There is more than one way to do something and someone may bring you an idea you never thought of.

6. "LCSW"

Former Employee - Hospice Social Worker in Redlands, CA
    Former Employee - Hospice Social Worker in Redlands, CA

I worked at VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California (More than a year)

Pros

enjoyed colleagues i worked with

Cons

no where to move up in company, RAISE FREEZE for SEVEN YEARS

Advice to Management

none

"just another number"

I have been working at VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California (More than a year)

Pros

Employees really care about each other and the patients!!

Cons

Top heavy with management /directors. Management smiles to your face and talks poorly about you in same breath...yes, we know. No raises since I been there. Decrease in benefits. No bonuses. Micro manages. EVERYTHING. Push push push...more patients .

Advice to Management

Burning us out isn't the answer. Treat us like you do your patoents.

"Burned out Nurses"

Former Employee - RN Case Manager in San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - RN Case Manager in San Bernardino, CA

Pros

Good benefits for full time employees, have a lot of patient referrals, provide nurses with supplies needed in patient care, good pay.

Cons

Just keeps accepting patients even when there is not enough staff/nurses to cover the need/demand, too wide of coverage are, high patient acuity. No room for professional growth, quick turn over because staff overwhelmed with schedule or patient assignments.

Advice to Management

The company should look into scheduling, when to stop accepting patients when there is not enough staff.

"going down hill"

Former Employee - Case Manager in Hemet, CA
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Hemet, CA

I worked at VNA Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern California full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

flexibility in your daily work

Cons

horrible moral, complete turnaround of staff, wage freeze for several years, low and declining census, staff unhappy

Advice to Management

start over

"Disappointing Job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Claremont, CA

Pros

Great benefits, patients, and location.

Cons

Managers don't support staff and favoritism over other employees. Layoffs are frequent. No thanks for service to you as a worker if you get laid. This place doesn't value your hard work.

Advice to Management

Please value your employees. Don't favor one employee over another. Value their hard work. Upper management keep educated employees and not the trashy/uneducated ones.