VOHRA Wound Physicians Physician Reviews | Glassdoor

VOHRA Wound Physicians Physician Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2019

Found 16 reviews

3.9
VOHRA Wound Physicians CEO Ameet Vohra, M.D.
Ameet Vohra, M.D.
  1. Featured Review

"Worked at Vohra for 8 years"

I have been working at VOHRA Wound Physicians full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Company is well established but always innovating and staying ahead of the curve. Provides the opportunity for excellent work life balance compared to other types of practices. Can tailor hours that to what you want to work. Also allows the physician to focus on clinical care of the patient rather than dealing with business aspects. Electronic medical record system is very efficient and easy to learn and use. Compensation...

Cons

As the company has grown, communication between management and clinicians is not efficient at times. Driving can be a drawback depending on how far you have to travel and how many patients you can see. High turnover with skilled facility staff and wound nurses

Advice to Management

Centralize communication.

VOHRA Wound Physicians2018-12-21
  2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Wound Care Physician in Miami, FL

I have been working at VOHRA Wound Physicians full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Excellent work environment in long term care facilities. Very good lifestyle and excellent hours.

Cons

Rounds are best to be done early in the morning.

VOHRA Wound Physicians2019-01-04
  3. "Unreasonable"

I have been working at VOHRA Wound Physicians part-time for less than a year

Pros

Moderate control over your schedule

Cons

Consistent technology issues, do not reimburse as promised, refuse to pay you for work completed on semi-regular basis.

VOHRA Wound Physicians2019-07-02
  4. "Physician"

I have been working at VOHRA Wound Physicians full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A great company, founded by and for physicians.

Cons

No cons to mention at this time.

VOHRA Wound Physicians2018-12-30
  5. "Satisfied 15 Year Employee"

Current Employee - Wound Care Physician in Miami, FL

I have been working at VOHRA Wound Physicians for more than 10 years

Pros

Autonomy in making the schedule that fits my needs. Excellent practice support and quality in training, education and improved patient care. Allowing me to focus on clinical care instead of the business side of medicine has been invaluable. Vohra is a pioneer in wound care.

Cons

Extended coverage can be difficult

VOHRA Wound Physicians2018-12-28

"Physician Support"

Current Employee - Physician in New York, NY

I have been working at VOHRA Wound Physicians full-time for less than a year

Pros

Superiors speak about supporting the team

Cons

The superiors don't follow through with supporting the physician team.

Advice to Management

Owner needs to watch company closely, superiors aren't conveying honest territory needs.

VOHRA Wound Physicians2018-11-30

"good work, strong company"

I have been working at VOHRA Wound Physicians full-time

Pros

The other physicians I've had the opportunity to train with have been excellent, the administrative and support staff have been very helpful, and the organization is supportive of continuing education. I've had a lot of flexibility to design my schedule in a way that suits me and my facilities.

Cons

depending on the market where you intend to practice, it may take a few months or more to achieve a full patient load. While this position has met my expectations, discussions around anticipated workload and specifically where I would be working were unnescessarily vague until I actually began work.

VOHRA Wound Physicians2017-12-04

December 7, 2017Regional Director

Thank you for your review. Vohra believes in its physician training program and continuing clinical affairs oversight. Sorry for and vagueness, we attempt to be completely transparent and are always seeking to deliver great care to our employees and partners.

"MD"

Current Employee - Physician in West Hartford, CT

I have been working at VOHRA Wound Physicians full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Organization, leader in wound care, the staff is very friendly, great EHR and tech support, good life style with no calls regular peer reviews, to keep the physicians up to date, with the innovations happening in the field of wound care with the goal of keeping raising health care costs, I have been with Vohra wound physicians for the last two years, and the organization is an well oiled machine

Cons

i did not see any cons with the organization

Advice to Management

Keep up your good work

VOHRA Wound Physicians2017-09-14

October 4, 2017Regional Director

Thanks for your response. Vohra has spent nearly two decades refining our business. At the core of that mission is improved outcomes for our patients, reduced costs on the system, and a great work-life balance for our physicians.

"Great Medical Career Opportunity"

Current Employee - Wound Care Physician in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at VOHRA Wound Physicians full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I make my own schedule, lead wound care teams at my facilities, work for a company that is still changing and progressive, take no call, work no weekends, define and assert my role as a patient advocate, management policies to help mitigate risk

Cons

2 weeks of vacation a year, driving on undivided highway, constantly training new staff, low population density, follow through subject to formulary and insurance, flat reimbursement for debridements, rehab facilities and nursing homes can be fickle, litigation-prone specialty

VOHRA Wound Physicians2017-08-29

October 4, 2017Regional Director

Thank you for the feedback and for the 5 stars. Your voice is heard. The schedule flexibility, with no nights and weekends are huge highlights of this type of practice. We appreciate your role caring for your patients and educating nurses. Vohra's MDS 3.0 compliant wound documentation ...

"Great company with great benefits"

Current Employee - Physician in Boston, MA

I have been working at VOHRA Wound Physicians full-time for less than a year

Pros

Full time for five years, Flexible hours, good income , very good support from the company. we got to learn from each other throgh out our peer review, chart review and the weekly case presentations.

Cons

Job requires long commutes to facilities sometimes.

Advice to Management

None.

VOHRA Wound Physicians2017-08-25

October 4, 2017Regional Director

Thank you for your positive feedback. Vohra is always seeking to make ourselves the best company we can be. The clinical affairs oversight you mentioned is a key component. Our physicians have full clinical support through our clinical leads structure. Peer review and chart review ...

Found 16 reviews