VOHRA Wound Physicians Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2020

4.3
VOHRA Wound Physicians Founder and President Ameet Vohra, M.D.
Ameet Vohra, M.D.
Pros
  • "No nights, no weekends, no call, I thought had a fairly good, well organized training program(in 8 reviews)

• "Also allows the physician to focus on clinical care of the patient rather than dealing with business aspects(in 6 reviews)

1. COVID-19

"Thanks to VOHRA Corporate team for their amazing organization during COVID 19 pandemic"

Current Employee - Physician

I have been working at VOHRA Wound Physicians full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I feel the obligation to convey my great appreciation for Vohra Corporate team, who have done a spectacular job during COVID 19 pandemic. We, the physicians have been provided free PPE. The corporate team has been constantly available every minute, day and night, weekdays and weekends, whenever I need them. They have achieved an amazing success to transform my big practice to telemedicine in a week. We have been able to provide continuity of secure health care to our patients with personal protection, which enabled us to contribute to the control of the disease. I can not appreciate my gratitude enough, how confident and secure I feel with the corporate team's constant emotional and logistical support. Thanks for this great team and organization.

Cons

None that I can think of.

2. "Not as bad as previous reviews state"

Former Employee - Client Relationship Manager in Miramar, FL

I worked at VOHRA Wound Physicians full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Pay is good -Hours are from 9am-5pm Mon-Fri -liked the people I worked with , upper management included

Cons

-If you don't like to be chained to a desk all day and make phone calls this is NOT the right job for you.

Continue reading

"Don't listen to the haters! This is an awesome company."

Current Employee - Physician in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at VOHRA Wound Physicians full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Innovative, successful company that offer autonomy, flexibility, and stability. Disruptive.

Cons

Hearing people that can't hack it and don't have a clue complain in these reviews. Guess what folk not everyone is going to be successful. For averages to occur half of people have to be below average.

Continue reading
  4. "Vohra Wound Physicians"

Current Employee - Chief Cook and Bottle Washer

I have been working at VOHRA Wound Physicians full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

All good--I just read a review on Vohra posted January 8, 2020. My oh my what a disturbed soul they must be! If YOU are intimidated by Dr Vohra....that's on you. I can only imagine the other issues you have in your life. "People who call in sick" because Dr Vohra is in the office will not work here long anyway....good riddance.

Cons

Every company has cons.....please get over them or move on.

""Lower than Dog Dung""

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at VOHRA Wound Physicians full-time for more than a year

Pros

Vohra has to pay you even when he does not want to.

Cons

Lousy company very surprised Vohra is still in business.! Loads of turnover Avoids paying bonuses even when you make quota. Vohra rips employees off.

"Avoid by all means necessary"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at VOHRA Wound Physicians full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's hard to believe how anyone would list any "pros" about working at Vohra because I certainly can't think of one. I'm confident that any positive reviews listed here have been posted by Vohra himself or someone was paid to do so. Based on the few conversations I had with some of the doctors working at Vohra, I could maybe consider that, as a provider, there may be some perks working here but I think that's a bit of a reach.

Cons

I can't stress how terrible this company is and it stems directly from Dr. Vohra himself. In my 25+ years of professional work experience, I have never encountered a worse leader than him. He attempts to "lead" his employees by using fear and intimidation tactics. I had read previous posts on Glassdoor about how awful this place was (which seem to be buried under these evidently fake positive reviews) so I had brought it up during my interview process and was basically told that I would likely not have to interact with Dr. Vohra directly (since he lives outside the US and only frequents the office in occasion) so I wouldn't have any issues. That proved to be very wrong. Interacting with Dr. Vohra was always the most unpleasant. So much so, that people would call in sick when they knew he was in the office or would hide at their desks to avoid him altogether. Also, the benefits are subpar (no 401k match), the culture is toxic and micromanagement runs rampant. People are constantly hired and fired shortly thereafter. I had read about this as well and so I thought "these must be people who held a grudge and may be exaggerating" but I was wrong. In my very short tenure at Vohra, I witnessed several people (who were actually driven + talented professionals) who had their jobs eliminated due to 'organization restructuring' almost a few months after having been brought in. I strongly encourage anyone who's considering to work here to find a job (literally) anywhere else. I've been contemplating leaving a review on Glassdoor because I didn't want to give this place the time of day to even write about it but after stumbling over some recent positive posts on here, I felt a moral obligation to warn others about working here.

"Innovative and enriching, Vohra is a leader in wound care!"

I have been working at VOHRA Wound Physicians

Pros

I have worked for Vohra Wound Physicians for over 4 years and am still excited to go to work each day! Joining Vohra Wound Physicians allows you to apply your current skills as a Surgeon or Primary Care Physician to the Long Term Care Facility setting with the full support of staff that provides ongoing training and mentorship. If you are looking for a position that is intellectually stimulating, physically rewarding, and that inspires growth in your leadership skills, then choosing to work for Vohra Wound Physicians will be a great career path for you!

Cons

Vohra is a company that is constantly working to improve the experience of it’s physicians.

"Job has fulfilled my professional needs!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

I have been working at VOHRA Wound Physicians full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast-paced work environment; I am able to work with others and still do what I love to do! Great pay and benefits. Basically everything I had been looking for.

Cons

As it is a very goal-oriented culture, you'll be held accountable for your results. Hire pressure for some.

"Flexibility and Autonomy!"

Current Employee - Physician

I have been working at VOHRA Wound Physicians part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You are in control of your schedule. You decide how many facilities you want to visit. The company is very supportive without limiting your autonomy.

Cons

Cons have nothing to do with the company. The healthcare system is a mess and this definitely includes SNFs- they are understaffed and overworked and this can make rounding challanging. But Vohra provides great support via a practice manager.

"Specialty niche, reasonable workload, excellent training, amazing technology"

Current Employee - Physician in Boston, MA

I have been working at VOHRA Wound Physicians full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Wound care is an evolving and growing specialty and Vohra has created a niche practice. The overhead and administrative hassle is gone, I get to see patient problems resolve and I work with caring and fun people. I was fully trained and have the opportunity for continuing to learn and grow. Annual CME and weekly education sessions keep me connected to peers and keeps me current on new topics and able to renew my boards. Vohra has great technology from an EMR that is fast, intuitive and easy to use to apps and AI tools to predict wound healing.

Cons

Like anything there can be busy days or tough days but these are few and not having to cover an ER or see 45 patients in a day make it all worthwhile.

Found 62 reviews