VOHRA Wound Physicians Reviews | Glassdoor

VOHRA Wound Physicians Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2019

Found 53 reviews

4.1
VOHRA Wound Physicians CEO Ameet Vohra, M.D.
Ameet Vohra, M.D.

"Be prepared"

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Miami, FL

I have been working at VOHRA Wound Physicians full-time

Pros

You run your region like you own it

Cons

Nothing I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

VOHRA Wound Physicians2017-12-29

January 26, 2018Regional Director

Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate the 5 Star Rating.

"Business Development"

Current Employee - Business Development in Miramar, FL

I have been working at VOHRA Wound Physicians full-time for less than a year

Pros

Collaborative culture. CEO is very involved. Casual attire Tuesday-Friday

Cons

Better training for new employees. Work remotely.

Advice to Management

I like management. They are interested in my opinions. I am interested in theirs.

VOHRA Wound Physicians2017-12-29

January 26, 2018Regional Director

Thank you for your feedback. This is important to us. We will continue to strengthen our new employee training as you suggest.

"good work, strong company"

Current Employee - Physician

I have been working at VOHRA Wound Physicians full-time

Pros

The other physicians I've had the opportunity to train with have been excellent, the administrative and support staff have been very helpful, and the organization is supportive of continuing education. I've had a lot of flexibility to design my schedule in a way that suits me and my facilities.

Cons

depending on the market where you intend to practice, it may take a few months or more to achieve a full patient load. While this position has met my expectations, discussions around anticipated workload and specifically where I would be working were unnescessarily vague until I actually began work.

VOHRA Wound Physicians2017-12-04

December 7, 2017Regional Director

Thank you for your review. Vohra believes in its physician training program and continuing clinical affairs oversight. Sorry for and vagueness, we attempt to be completely transparent and are always seeking to deliver great care to our employees and partners.

"On line Lectures / haven’t worked with Vohra"

I worked at VOHRA Wound Physicians

Pros

I haven’t worked for Vohra, although applied, but purchased their on-line lecture for wound care and it was great, very informative and well presented. I got a nice certification after done with the course.

Cons

Their web site says you will get CME credits after finishing the course but no CME credits were given. I emailed them and they replied that I have to pay extra $225 to get the credits. There was no such option nor info that indicate that.

Advice to Management

Might be more specific and clear on the CME credits info, please

VOHRA Wound Physicians2017-10-30

December 7, 2017Regional Director

Sorry you've encountered an issue. Please contact our help desk via www.vohrawoundcare.com. Congrats on becoming Vohra Wound Care Certified!

"MD"

Current Employee - Physician in West Hartford, CT

I have been working at VOHRA Wound Physicians full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Organization, leader in wound care, the staff is very friendly, great EHR and tech support, good life style with no calls regular peer reviews, to keep the physicians up to date, with the innovations happening in the field of wound care with the goal of keeping raising health care costs, I have been with Vohra wound physicians for the last two years, and the organization is an well oiled machine

Cons

i did not see any cons with the organization

Advice to Management

Keep up your good work

VOHRA Wound Physicians2017-09-14

October 4, 2017Regional Director

Thanks for your response. Vohra has spent nearly two decades refining our business. At the core of that mission is improved outcomes for our patients, reduced costs on the system, and a great work-life balance for our physicians.

"Great Medical Career Opportunity"

Current Employee - Wound Care Physician in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at VOHRA Wound Physicians full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I make my own schedule, lead wound care teams at my facilities, work for a company that is still changing and progressive, take no call, work no weekends, define and assert my role as a patient advocate, management policies to help mitigate risk

Cons

2 weeks of vacation a year, driving on undivided highway, constantly training new staff, low population density, follow through subject to formulary and insurance, flat reimbursement for debridements, rehab facilities and nursing homes can be fickle, litigation-prone specialty

VOHRA Wound Physicians2017-08-29

October 4, 2017Regional Director

Thank you for the feedback and for the 5 stars. Your voice is heard. The schedule flexibility, with no nights and weekends are huge highlights of this type of practice. We appreciate your role caring for your patients and educating nurses. Vohra's MDS 3.0 compliant wound documentation ...

"Opportunity to enjoy medical practice and deliver quality medical care"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at VOHRA Wound Physicians full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Allows physicians the time needed to enjoy patient interaction, resources to provide quality medical care. feedback to assess ones performance and assurance that the care being provided meets or exceeds national benchmarks.

Cons

Like all state of the art practices, technology is always changing requiring physicians to learn and adopt to innovations with tele-medicine, phone apps, etc.

Advice to Management

Although I often grimace when tech improvements are announced, keep them coming. They always prove to be helpful after I adapt

VOHRA Wound Physicians2017-08-28

October 4, 2017Regional Director

Thank you for your review, and for the 5 stars. At the heart of the company mission is to get the best possible outcomes for our patients. That comes with hiring the best physicians for the job and making sure we all stay on the cutting edge of the developing field of wound care.. ...

"Great company with great benefits"

Current Employee - Physician in Boston, MA

I have been working at VOHRA Wound Physicians full-time for less than a year

Pros

Full time for five years, Flexible hours, good income , very good support from the company. we got to learn from each other throgh out our peer review, chart review and the weekly case presentations.

Cons

Job requires long commutes to facilities sometimes.

Advice to Management

None.

VOHRA Wound Physicians2017-08-25

October 4, 2017Regional Director

Thank you for your positive feedback. Vohra is always seeking to make ourselves the best company we can be. The clinical affairs oversight you mentioned is a key component. Our physicians have full clinical support through our clinical leads structure. Peer review and chart review ...

"Solid Company"

Current Employee - Vohra MD

I have been working at VOHRA Wound Physicians full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very flexible hours. Reasonable pay scale. Management that actually listens to employees

Cons

You have to like working on your own, with a small ever rotating group of nurses.

Advice to Management

Continue to support your employees. Look at the compensation benefits package as in integral way of growth of quality physicians.

VOHRA Wound Physicians2017-08-22

October 4, 2017Regional Director

Thanks so much for your 5-star review. Vohra management has a commitment and the structure in place to adapt and quickly affect changes where needed. The autonomy and flexibility of our physicians' practices are what separates us from anything else in health care. We want to offer ...

"Vohra Physician Group"

I have been working at VOHRA Wound Physicians full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Executive Management continues to tweak things annually to try to optimize business. Rather than being set in their ways, they have been at minimum on the curve if not ahead of it and thus the company is a leader in the industry. They have done better in streamlining processes for individuals so as to have good workflow without unnecessary hindrances.

Cons

Its a conservative corporate atmosphere, some people prefer a more outgoing environment.

Advice to Management

As has occurred recently, continue to focus on the 'Who' so the 'What' will grow and transcend.

VOHRA Wound Physicians2017-08-30

October 4, 2017Regional Director

Thank you very much for your feedback. As you mentioned, Vohra is the leader in the field because our company has a commitment to excellence. Part of that commitment is regularly reviewing internal and external processes. The company continues to grow as the industry continues to ...

Found 53 reviews