VRM Mortgage Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Keith D. Murray

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good Place to work"

Pros

Good pay and friendly staff

Cons

Heavy workload. Many depts are understaffed

2. "Closer"

Current Employee - Closer in Mesquite, TX
    Current Employee - Closer in Mesquite, TX

I have been working at VRM Mortgage Services (More than a year)

Pros

A very good environment and good people.

Cons

Allow more room for advancement.

Dec 9, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and for your service to VRM. We are excited about plans to develop on- the-job cross-training opportunities in 2017. We are also excited about expanding opportunities for... More

3. "Great Start, bad finish"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Pros

Great pay, made good money at first.

Cons

Pay diminished every year. Most of this had to do with the industry status. I don't blame the company for this. The culture of the company was great when I started, but just got worse and worse. That would be my major complaint. The benefits got worse too.

Dec 9, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are excited that VRM is celebrating its ten year anniversary this year. Our gratitude for this accomplishment is based upon the fact that this milestone could not have... More

"Anonymous"

I have been working at VRM Mortgage Services full-time

Pros

Progressive. Positive. Giving people & organization. CEO is a true leader. Family amosphere. Innovative. Good technology & training. Change Control Board & Kaizen are ahead of the industry. Ethical, honest, good people.

Cons

Striving to remain relevant. Business development struggling to bring new business in. Future outlook unknown. Too senior and executive heavy. Promotion of certain minorities unbalanced. Lack of trust in opportunity or advancement. Need a way to bring great ideas to reality. Communication is still a struggle here.

Advice to Management

Make sure you have the right people in the right seats. Reorganize senior & executive leadership.

Oct 31, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are very grateful that you are a member of the VRM team. We are also excited about your interest in sharing your thoughts and ideas. We encourage you to have your... More

5. "Happy to be Here"

I have been working at VRM Mortgage Services (More than 5 years)

Pros

VRM always has been and always will be a great place to work. I'm reminded of my interview several years ago, and I remember thinking "I have to be here!" Until then, I had never met a leader who spoke so highly of their organization and its leadership with such genuine excitement. I have been afforded opportunities for growth and development that I believe I would not have experienced with another company. I am extremely grateful to work for an organization that provides us with several tools to develop our skill set and that guides us through the process. We GET TO participate in several training opportunities, employee engagement events and meaningful dialogue with our leaders. VRM is made up of a dynamic group of people that I truly enjoy working with every day. I have formed great professional relationships by being a part of this organization in addition to great friendships along the way. I have personally witnessed the selfless commitment and generous spirit that our CEO has toward his team and simply stated, it's remarkable! VRM generously compensates their employees and the vacation / ppl that we're given allows us to maintain a healthy work-life balance. I enjoy every day that I get to be a part of this organization!

Cons

Any "cons" that come to mind are not due to the organization. The industry is ever changing which naturally can lead to concerns that accompany uncertainty. However, our leadership team actively focuses on how we can offer relevant services as the industry changes and I have the utmost trust in them.

Advice to Management

I think our executive leadership team is doing an excellent job. I appreciate all that you do for us and the ongoing opportunities to develop and grow to our own personal best.

Aug 9, 2016 – Human Resources

The excitement and enthusiasm you expressed about being a member of the VRM team is shared by many. We are very grateful for you being a member of the VRM team and for sharing your thoughts and... More

"Great atmosphere"

I have been working at VRM Mortgage Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

VRM is a progressive, forward thinking company. The atmosphere is great. A lot of positivity. I really do feel that the company is striving remain relevant. I really do feel that good things are on the horizon.

Cons

There are no cons to report.

Dec 9, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and service, commitment, and dedication to VRM.

Sincerely,
    Phyllis Wright, Ph.D.
    SVP HR Strategies
    VRM

7. "Analyst"

I worked at VRM Mortgage Services full-time

Pros

Good pay and great location around the metro-plex

Cons

All the Good manager are gone.

Jun 24, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! We appreciate your acknowledgement of VRM’s competitiveness in pay and benefits. We also appreciate your recognition of the career opportunities within VRM. We... More

"VRM is horrible to work for!"

Current Employee - Manager in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Carrollton, TX

Pros

Has been in business about 9 years.

Cons

Senior management is ruled by crisis. Atmosphere is maudlin due to dozens of layoffs. Claims that management has an "open door", but saying the wrong thing will put you on the next layoff list and you will be harassed by Sr. Executives.

Advice to Management

Tell the truth about company's outlook, stop biased promotions, incentivize employees with a bonus system that includes everyone.

Jun 24, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! You have used strong words such as "harassed" and "biased promotions". We have been clear as a leadership team that we don't tolerate such behavior. We take these... More

"Senior Asset Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Asset Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Asset Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at VRM Mortgage Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are some great people who work here who really do an amazing job of performing under incredibly stressful circumstances.

Cons

The company gives great lip service about respecting their employees but treats them like dirt. It's the only place I've ever worked where I've actually made less money each year while being asked to do more and more. The people who run this company simply are not nice. They tell you over and over how lucky you are to be able to come and work 18 hours a day for them so they can work 7 and make more money. Everybody here is looking for another job, including the managers.

Advice to Management

You can only squeeze people so long before they burn out.

Jun 24, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for acknowledging VRM’s great team. The VRM team's accomplishments speak for themselves. Your comments regarding your concerns are not consistent with those who are openly and directly... More

"Look somwhere else, this is a sinking ship."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Pros

Diversity is definitely a focus at VRM. There is also a pretty big wealth of industry knowledge in key roles.

Cons

They may offer you more money to come here; but beware as their insurance costs, benefits, and work-life balance are not commiserate with the carrot that is being dangled. The manager to staff ratio here is not well balanced. The company experiences about 1-2 layoffs per year so you know something is off, however the only positions that seem to get laid off are staff, and sometimes lower level management. The remaining staff pic up the slack, but upper manager headcount never seems to change; and in-fact has grown. Especially in the top brass who are all purportedly hired because of who they know and not especially because of what they know.

For those working there, it seems like a new initiative is started on a regular basis, with nothing ever being completed. It felt like there was always some new fire to be put out when other smoldering embers were never fully quenched. Wheels just spun in the mud which only made the ruts worse while you got covered in mud. The whole time upper management continued barking orders and "playing business" all while having no real clue as to how to fix things. The few people who could pull it off never could get into the right position or get the support they need.

Advice to Management

It would be a supreme effort to get VRM running smoothly but it is possible. However the quickest method of doing that would be to chop about half of the upper managerial staff, hire a focus group to review the issues, then (and here's the hardest part) listen to what they say.

Apr 19, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! We appreciate your acknowledgement of our focus on diversity and inclusion and your acknowledgement of the wealth of knowledge that exists within key roles at all... More