VSP Vision Care Customer Service Representative Reviews

Kate Renwick-Espinosa
  1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at VSP Vision Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits and pay. Great company

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

2. "Great Company with many ways to move up"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at VSP Vision Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, they are always hiring within the company so many options to move around within the company. Opportunity to work from home

Cons

working in the call center the most important thing to us reps is having a system that works, a lot of the times its slow, crashes, and always submitting tickets, it can cause calls to be a little more difficult.

3. "Okay place to work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at VSP Vision Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

Offers great benefits and contributions to 401k

Cons

The pay isnt enough compared to what you have to do

"High Turnover"

1.0
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at VSP Vision Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get a paycheck. Some of the supervisors are nice. Our desks are pretty nice.

Cons

There are many little annoying things that add up to strongly disliking your job. Clock in is manual and your computer takes forever to start. You are not allowed to fire up your PC and clock in one minute early. Technically you CAN, but you won't get paid. You get an occurrence for being over 4 minutes late however. VSP management makes decisions about call quality that can affect your bonus and schedule but they are not clearly explained . Every first of the year their system goes down. And of course members will be aggravated with YOU. No wrap time between calls, if you do take wrap time it counts against you again, in ways that affect your schedule and bonus. You can't even take a drink of water between calls. They round up so 1 second = 1 minute on their books. You get up to go to the restroom, as it will be closed often on your break, and then, mysteriously you can't log back in for longer than you took. Oh, you can fill out a trouble ticket to get credit for the time. BUT there will then be questions. Lots of them. You will be gaslighted for any issues pointed out in a condescending way, even if you did so in a positive manner or even just asked about it. Everyone there has attendance issues - but it's not a healthy environment. Each and every one of my peers (at my level) are looking for another job. They have bedbugs and we were made to feel like we hallucinated them. They sprayed chemicals for them which caused illness in itself and told us they did not have them, then, admitted they did but said they didn't use pesticides. That's just one example of how they truly don't listen or care.

Continue reading
  5. "Not bad for a call center"

4.0
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at VSP Vision Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay ...top notch benefits....great staff...lots of food...great work environment

Cons

Shift bid sucks...payroll hours are manually submitted by the employee on a timesheet and I don't see why this has not been upgraded with all the technology available today.

6. "Customer Service Representative"

Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at VSP Vision Care for less than a year

Pros

I have never had a more helpful group of supervisors that want you to succeed and give you every tool you need to set you up to be successful. I have no complaints. EVERYONE here is happy to come to work everyday and you are surrounded by professional people who reach out to help you whenever needed, whether it be a coworker, a team member, or your supervisor they are ALWAYS there. There isn't a better feeling in life than loving and enjoying to come to work everyday, and serve our members while working for an outstanding company. I couldn't be any happier. If you are struggling in an area, the supervisors make sure you get the coaching needed to become a better rep, and a better "you". It truly is a blessing.

Cons

The pay could always be better no matter where you go, but it is pretty competitive, and I have no complaints. Although the health benefits could be better since there is no longer an HMO PLAN FOR MEDICAL. But other than those little things, the company is amazing.

"Customer Service Representative"

Customer Service Representative in Sacramento, CA

I worked at VSP Vision Care for less than a year

Pros

Great Facility, Great Cafe, Great Training!

Cons

I started in peak season and literally couldn't take breaths in between calls. I felt like a dog on a leash with my headset and cubicle. Once training was over I really had to fend for myself, the floor was so busy other co workers were not really available to help and the supervisors have such big teams it was kind of a sink or swim method there.

"Customer service rep"

Customer Service Representative in Whitehall, OH

I worked at VSP Vision Care for less than a year

Pros

It's one of the greatest companies you could ever work for and great pay good for a career

Cons

Nothing bad to say about this company at all

"Consider the pros and cons of applying carefully"

2.0
    Customer Service Representative in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at VSP Vision Care

Pros

Great opportunites for advancement in a highly competitve enviroment. Ability to move in as soon as 6 months from hire date

Cons

Major Con: Benefits, specifically medical. Starting Jan 2016, VSP no longer offers an HMO option for insurance. All plans are High Deductible. Great if you have no medical conditions that require regular doctors office visits or multiple medications you're essentially paying for everything out of pocket until your deductible is met and if by chance you don't have enough office visits that qualify you to meet your deductible then you are paying full price for office visits as well as medication each year what's the benefit of having insurance? You'll never build up and hsa savings if you're constantly having to use it to cover your office visits and your medications deductible plans are only good for those individuals who maybe go to the doctor once or twice a year

"Vision Care Advisor"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at VSP Vision Care full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great fellow employees, Cake Day, Every call is different and the day goes by quickly.

Cons

VSP replaces higher paid employees with temp employees. They are constantly changing program software and policies and procedures, Computers would go down daily, especially after updates.

Found 26 reviews