KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

VSP Vision Care

Is this your company?

VSP Vision Care

Add a Review

VSP Vision Care Employee Reviews about "vsp"

Updated Jan 14, 2021

Found 43 of over 272 reviews

3.7
VSP Vision Care President Kate Renwick-Espinosa
Kate Renwick-Espinosa
Pros
  • "I really enjoyed working at VSP(in 25 reviews)

• "Great benefits and competitive compensation(in 20 reviews)

• Cons
  • "a lot of employees have worked for VSP for decades(in 23 reviews)

• "Upper management did not always understand our groups value to the overall benefit of the company(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of VSP Vision Care and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "vsp"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Weathering the COVID Storm

May 8, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Prior to the SIP orders, my experience in GTS (Global Technology Services) for the Vision Care LOB had been very positive. The staff I work with is very diverse (age, gender, race), much more so than I had been used to with my previous employer. I was also impressed with how much movement many of the long term staff had made throughout the companies. This tells me that VSP is a company invested in career growth of its staff. On the whole, everyone I've worked with so far has been friendly and helpful. In March, when COVID really began to break out, my leadership made every effort to help us transition to F/T remote work. Something that I understand was very new to this company. The communication from leadership has been transparent and timely. Leadership has been very flexible, understanding and they have made many efforts to help us stay efficient during this unprecedented time. As much as a company can care about its staff, I believe VSP has shown to care about our health and wellbeing. However, VSP did let go of a significant amount of staff during this time, but this is universal and something VSP has never done in the past.

Cons

Benefits aren't great. Medical is strictly high-deductible HSA plans. Pay seems a little below average for the area but they do try to make up for it in other ways. I believe I am fairly compensated for my position Remote work was generally frowned on in my area but things may be changing in that respect.

2. 3.0
      Current Employee

vsp

Jan 14, 2021 - Sys Administrator in Rancho Cordova, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

the employees are very kind and culture is very solid

Cons

a lot of employees have worked for VSP for decades. should be a culture change soon as they retire

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Emotionally Supportive and Flexible

Sep 15, 2020 - Customer Service Representative in Sacramento, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

VSP has a generous heart towards its employees, members, clients, and stakeholders.

Cons

Organization and communication within the call center could be vastly improved; too many fingers in the pot or too many chefs in the kitchen if you will.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good company

Oct 5, 2020 - Accountant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and great coworkers. I really enjoyed working at VSP.

Cons

None. Everything was great. I had great time at VSP.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to Work

Jul 22, 2019 - Curriculum Designer in Rancho Cordova, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

VSP walks the talk. Employees are treated with respect with lots of fun perks, a great campus, and lots of health activities. The campus has a gym and trainer, there are lots of wellness activites and the company encourages volunteering. Management wants everyone to succeed and gives us tools to do so.

Cons

The pay is low compared to other companies in the area, and promotions are somewhat limited.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Very Intern Friendly Workplace

Jan 22, 2019 - Software Engineer(Internship) in Rancho Cordova, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Intern program at VSP is well-rounded that aims at helping the interns grow and develop corporate skills. There were a lot of workshops held to help us understand the work culture at VSP and learn new technologies. We also had various career development workshops which helped with our networking skills. There were many social events like Cake Day, Team Lunch, Potluck etc. A great company to start as an Intern and grow.

Cons

No H1b visa sponsorship done.

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Keeping Focus on VSP

Jul 25, 2019 - Manager in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

VSP has great employee benefits and a positive culture that makes coming to work a pleasure.

Cons

At upper levels of management, tenured talent is not valued as much as those from outside companies. Leaders from outside are more challenged to adapt to our culture.

8. 4.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

N/A

Mar 12, 2019 - Anonymous Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good co-workers, very good environment

Cons

I do not have any bad thing to say about VSP

9. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

High Turnover

Mar 5, 2019 - Customer Service Representative in Rancho Cordova, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get a paycheck. Some of the supervisors are nice. Our desks are pretty nice.

Cons

There are many little annoying things that add up to strongly disliking your job. Clock in is manual and your computer takes forever to start. You are not allowed to fire up your PC and clock in one minute early. Technically you CAN, but you won't get paid. You get an occurrence for being over 4 minutes late however. VSP management makes decisions about call quality that can affect your bonus and schedule but they are not clearly explained . Every first of the year their system goes down. And of course members will be aggravated with YOU. No wrap time between calls, if you do take wrap time it counts against you again, in ways that affect your schedule and bonus. You can't even take a drink of water between calls. They round up so 1 second = 1 minute on their books. You get up to go to the restroom, as it will be closed often on your break, and then, mysteriously you can't log back in for longer than you took. Oh, you can fill out a trouble ticket to get credit for the time. BUT there will then be questions. Lots of them. You will be gaslighted for any issues pointed out in a condescending way, even if you did so in a positive manner or even just asked about it. Everyone there has attendance issues - but it's not a healthy environment. Each and every one of my peers (at my level) are looking for another job. They have bedbugs and we were made to feel like we hallucinated them. They sprayed chemicals for them which caused illness in itself and told us they did not have them, then, admitted they did but said they didn't use pesticides. That's just one example of how they truly don't listen or care.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 2.0
      Former Employee

It's just not the best place

Oct 20, 2008 - Senior Market Research Analyst in Rancho Cordova, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are two reasons why someone would want to work for VSP: 1. You only have a high school diploma and want to work for coporate america so you work at the call center (the only department that pays well compared to other & leverage that job to move into some other career) 2. You have no career aspiration/ You want to park your career and relax. Chances are, you won't get displaced or fired. Don't worry about promotions, it won't happen. They'll love you if you just sit there, do your job & tell them how honored you are to work for vsp.

Cons

Politics, politics, politics = nothing ever gets done. They make you do all these crazy research projects that cost $$$ but do nothing with the results and recommendations because that would require someone to undo what they did or they already ran the other way like chickens with their heads cut-off. Management is clueless. God knows how they got up there but you will be dumbfounded sitting in executive management meetings and hearing what comes out of their mouths. The salaries are so not competitive, it's an insult. the bonus is not based on performance, everybody get 1 week/ year. so you don't have a goal & don't really know why you're there (not for profit, so forget about the plain concept of making $). I could keep going on, but I think you get the concept.

7 people found this review helpful