Vacasa Reviews

Updated May 28, 2020

3.3
Vacasa Interim CEO Matt Roberts (no image)
Matt Roberts
Pros
Cons
  • "This company is growing but it is moving too fast to really focus on quality(in 31 reviews)

• "The executives and upper management seem to forget that many of the staff are having to live in Portland, which is relatively expensive(in 25 reviews)

"Exciting, innovative, and welcoming"

Current Employee - Senior Product Designer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Vacasa full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Culture is very supportive and collaborative. Not afraid to try new things but also not afraid to admit when something doesn't work and just move on. Competitive pay and benefits. Fast-paced growth, always changing, always new challenges to tackle.

Cons

Extreme growth can cause unintended silos and a buildup of tech-debt.

Vacasa2020-02-20

February 24, 2020Team Vacasa

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Vacasa! We appreciate your feedback and are lucky to have you on board.

2. "Loved my job"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative

I worked at Vacasa full-time

Pros

Good pay, great benefits, flexible schedule, enjoyed working with homeowners, my local team and my remote manager. Everyday was different, some days were spent behind the computer and other days I was driving around touring homes or connecting with realtors!

Cons

No cons. Hope the company can rebuild and come back even stronger than before Covid.

Vacasa2020-05-22

May 22, 2020Team Vacasa

Thank you very much for your review and words of encouragement for the future! We really appreciate it.

"A cool facade"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Boise, ID

I worked at Vacasa full-time for more than a year

Pros

snacks, great coworkers, dog friendly

Cons

smokescreen for a struggling business

Vacasa2020-05-22

May 22, 2020Team Vacasa

We appreciate you taking the time to review Vacasa. Yes, we have a lot of those wonderful things you mentioned, but we can assure you they are not an attempt to create a facade. We find that our employees value that they have food available when needed or that they can bring their pup into the office and not worry about them during the day. Sure, like every business, we have challenges and things to improve on. We are actively working on these things now and your feedback helps provide direction. Again, we appreciate it.

"Good but Needs Some Improvement"

Current Employee - Real Estate

I have been working at Vacasa full-time for more than a year

Pros

Commission splits are generous Nice offices Gives us tools we need

Cons

Favoritism with broker/sales managers Very little sales training Real leads are given to those who broker likes. Policy always changing - especially on BD bonuses Gives leads to outside Vacasa agents

Vacasa2020-05-02

May 19, 2020Team Vacasa

Thanks for submitting a review! Your feedback is important to us, and we'll be sure to share this with the Vacasa Real Estate team leads as they are always open on ways to improve.

"Burnout is a reality"

1.0

I have been working at Vacasa full-time for more than a year

Pros

The corporate Vacasa model is outstanding. The core values and company culture drew me to work for this company.

Cons

On the operations side where boots are on the ground, the model is highly inefficient. From top to bottom it is not unusual to hear team members falling apart due to extreme burnout. High employee turnover in all departments leads to poor quality service to owners and guests despite the team's desire to meet expectations.

Vacasa2020-05-28

"Horrible"

1.0
    Former Employee - Housekeeping Manager

I worked at Vacasa full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the coworkers were good to work with

Cons

Poor Management. On call 24/7. Cannot get time off approved.

Vacasa2020-05-27

May 27, 2020Team Vacasa

Thanks for sharing your review. It sounds like we could learn a lot from your experience. If you'd like to further discuss, please reach out to HR@vacasa.com and we can set up a time to chat.

7. "Excellent Company to work for, great benefits as well!"

Current Employee - Portfolio Analyst

I have been working at Vacasa full-time

Pros

Vacasa is a great company to work for. I love what I do, and the benefits are great: work from home/flexible work schedule, unlimited PTO, 100% paid insurance. Would highly recommend. Fast-growing company, so lots of opportunity for growth and career advancement as well.

Cons

Only negative I would say are the raises/increases in pay. While other companies usually have a set time of year for this (yearly, etc.), here it seems to be more sporadic.

Vacasa2020-04-14

April 17, 2020Team Vacasa

Thanks for your review! We appreciate your feedback, especially as it relates to the review and salary increase process. We understand that has been a bit confusing for people, and will pass this feedback onto the leadership team.

"Job satisfaction varies widely from team to team"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Vacasa full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible PTO, nice office, ok benefits, ok salary, engineers I love working with.

Cons

Teams are really siloed and there is a lack of common vision which leads some people to act in self-interest and avoid vulnerability. This can be a serious hinderance to collaboration.

Vacasa2020-04-08

April 8, 2020Team Vacasa

We appreciate you writing a review and agree, we're fortunate to have Matt Roberts as our interim CEO. We're glad to hear you are optimistic about the future because we do think it's going to be bright. Thanks again for your thoughts.

"Fast Growth"

Former Employee - Engineer in Portland, OR

I worked at Vacasa full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots to learn Great managers Coffee Bar Culture Diversity was a top priority

Cons

Payscale was roughly .25 below market value Poor expenditure tracking

Vacasa2020-03-31

April 1, 2020Team Vacasa

Thanks for the feedback; we really appreciate it! We are always looking for ways to improve, so will forward your note on payscale to our compensation team for consideration.

"Reckless Business Practices"

2.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Portland, OR

I worked at Vacasa full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There was a lot of opportunity to learn new technologies. Collaborative Environment

Cons

Con #1: Nepotism. The previous CEO was a visionary in VRM industry, unfortunately he lacked the vision required to understand putting all of your family members in high ranking positions through out the company was a bad idea. Seriously, there should be a novel here in this section, but you've been warned. Let be known that the investor's 'fixed' this problem recently, however damage has been done, and there is an incredible hurdle to overcome in cleaning up their mess. Con #2: Fear of innovation: Due to Con #1 there is a culture of stagnant innovation. Unless your idea is "buy more and expand" or "start a real estate business", then any innovation to a core business service will be met with doubt and ultimately wither on the vine. Con #3: Lack of focus and leadership. This company does not know it's identity. Given that problems 1 and 2 went on so long, what Vacasa does is up in the air any given week. The recent layoffs are case and point here. Coronavirus was unplanned, but we went from everything is 'fine' to firing over half our workforce in the matter of days. I know they gotta do what they gotta do to survive, but this is right after literally receiving hundreds of millions of dollars There was no attempt save employees. Leadership freaked out, cause that's what you do when you don't have a plan and hemorrhaging cash.

Vacasa2020-03-31

April 1, 2020Team Vacasa

Thank you for your review and for sharing feedback with us. It's true; the past several months have been a time of change for Vacasa, and we're excited for the path in front of us when the pandemic subsides. As I am sure you know, laying off employees was not an easy decision for Vacasa to make, but was necessary for the long term. If you have anything else you'd like to share with us, please email HR@vacasa.com.

Found 516 reviews