Vacasa Reviews

Updated May 7, 2021

3.3
Vacasa Interim CEO Matt Roberts (no image)
Matt Roberts
Pros
  • "Second pro is work life balance(in 39 reviews)

• "Working at Vacasa has given me the ability to maintain a pretty flexible schedule, work from home and make a great income(in 33 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Lots of management problems the upper management has no idea what middle management is doing(in 33 reviews)

• "This company is growing but it is moving too fast to really focus on quality(in 30 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Vacasa and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Review Headline

Apr 27, 2021 - Senior Account Specialist in Eugene, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Industry leader, collaborative workplace, great incentives, fulfilling, socially responsible

Cons

No cons to report here

Team Vacasa

Thank you for your positive review!

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Favoritism, fraternization, manipulation, no compromise, retaliation,

Apr 27, 2021 - Senior Housekeeper in Pigeon Forge, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, rewarding work if your passion is hospitality.

Cons

Favoritism, fraternization, manipulation, no compromise, retaliation, no retention of new hires, no proper training, inconsistent with everything. Consistent Degredation, things their way not Vacasa's way. No regard for safety and well being of employees, right today wrong tomorrow.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Welcoming & Flexible

Apr 3, 2021 - Recruiter in East Wenatchee, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

As a new employee, my onboarding and training experience was phenomenal. There was a great balance of shadowed learning as well as independent learning. It is an incredibly intelligent design as well to gauge the drive of an employee early on. The team I work with and the leadership I support are all absolutely supportive and willing to help to grow each other and the company, working towards a main goal. The environment of a remote employee can often times be strict and over-managed, but in this instance, the level-headed and flexible mindset allows for employees to feel respected and makes it easier to work around the crazy life Covid has created.

Cons

The only con I have is that with a remote position, I have to schedule human interaction.

Team Vacasa

Thank you for your review! We are delighted to hear of you positive onboarding experience! We know that working remote can be challenging for those who prefer an office setting, but we are glad that this is a feasible option for many of our employees.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee

High growth, and feeling the pain

Mar 14, 2021 - N/A in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance was decent before the pandemic (now all hands on deck). The people I worked with were collaborative and kind. The work was interesting.

Cons

Work/life balance went out the window when Vacasa laid off a significant amount of employees when the pandemic hit. Operations staff are paid decently, but their work demands are completely unrealistic. We abuse the loyalty the operations staff displays towards vacasa. HR practices were shady and I never had a good experience with them. But the biggest thing; there was not one person I spoke to that had been with the company long term that was not grossly underpaid. New direct reports will sometimes make more than their managers. People have to take on all the responsibilities of their targeted promotion for months before it is ever given to them, if it ever is.

3 people found this review helpful

Team Vacasa

Thank you for your review. As you are aware, at the start of the global pandemic, our leadership was forced to make some difficult decisions including laying off employees and adopting required guidelines for our teams working in the field. We are continuously monitoring local guidelines and protocols to ensure we can release any covid-19 restrictions as soon as we are eligible to do so as designated by the CDC. We are incredibly grateful to our teams that have been working so hard to keep the business running with the unforeseen challenges we have faced during this time.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Nice Job

May 7, 2021 - CX Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

They provide a really good benefits plan.

Cons

Nothing really. Working for this company is great!

Team Vacasa

Thank you for your review!

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not focused on employee retention; middle management needs more accountability and training

Mar 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Vacasa tends to hire intelligent, friendly, and hardworking people, so the coworkers are often the best part of the job -Good healthcare benefits and coverage -Always lots of work to do, so if you work hard and like to learn, you'll develop new skills

Cons

-Low wage for the work -Extremely unclear growth trajectory/opportunities for promotion, even upon inquiry -Repeat covert retaliation from specific middle management -"Open door policy" only occasionally true in practice -Lack of transparency around policies that negatively impact employees when put into practice -Multiple people in leadership toxic and cliquish, lacking emotional intelligence and empathy -Many employees fired and resigned due to mismanagement and/or upholding of formerly unclear policies

Team Vacasa

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your in-depth feedback on your experience while working at Vacasa. As a company, we have made great strides over the past year with our regularly scheduled employee feedback surveys as well as our new performance management program that provides multiple channels for feedback and ways to improve and our management and leading skills. We hope that these changes will continue to build a better company culture for our employees.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Always Changing

May 5, 2021 - Customer Experience Specialist in South Lake Tahoe, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

work from home, advancement opportunities, schedule, benefits

Cons

always busy, constantly changing policies,

Team Vacasa

Thank you for your review! We are glad to see some of the pros that you have included here, such as work from home flexibility and advancement opportunities. While our business continues to grow and change, we believe that this has continued to build strong teams that are flexible and adaptable. Thank you for your contributions as a Customer Experience Specialist!

8. 4.0

Great people

May 3, 2021 - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are amazing in both a professional and personal way

Cons

IC's don't have as much responsibility as I would have liked

Team Vacasa

Thank you for your review and for your contributions as a former employee!

9. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Dedicated, hard working, intelligent employees being driven down by inept management

Apr 13, 2021 - Maintenance Technician in Gulf Shores, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

On the surface the company is great. Good pay, good benefits and the opportunity to be involved with company functions

Cons

Beyond poor management. The best ideals mean nothing if the quality of those in a position of leadership do not share the same values. Employed with Vacasa for 10 months and after I filed a formal complaint with HR concerning an abrupt schedule change, already on my third strike in 4 days. My family responsibilities prevent me from working our newly unveiled schedule. No compromise or flexibility. Retaliation I presume for standing up for what I believe in. I have never worked for a management team that embodied the word gross so well.

Team Vacasa

Thank you for taking to time to post this review about your experience while working at Vacasa. While there are specific challenges that can arise in the field, such as busy schedules and seasonal demands with quick turnaround times, we have specific communication channels in place to ensure our employees have a support network for issues such as the ones you have mentioned here. We take all feedback received here very seriously and will be sure this is taken into consideration with our processes.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Growing fast. Great culture.

Apr 25, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity for advancement. Growing company. Some nice perks. Good leadership.

Cons

Not the best time off/vacation allotment.

Team Vacasa

Thank you for your review! We are glad to see some of the positive attributes of Vacasa that you have listed here, including opportunity for advancement and good leadership! While we know it has been a busy time which makes it challenging to take PTO, we encourage our employees to utilize our unlimited PTO policy to take the time off that they need.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 676 Reviews