Vacation Rental Pros Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Steve Milo

1. "Company on the move"

I have been working at Vacation Rental Pros full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is growing fast therefore increasing opportunity for employees to grow and move up and increase income. AS the company grows so does there knowledge in innovation and technology allowing a better more stable work environment for employees.

Cons

Because it is a company growing so fast perhaps they could put in place better training modules for employees allowing them to be able to keep up with the everyday changes and transition easier.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to get to know your employees better. You have some really good employees that are very loyal to you and give 100 percent everyday.

2. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Coast, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Coast, FL

I have been working at Vacation Rental Pros full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy working for Vacation Rental Pros it is a growing company with a lot of opportunity for advancement.
    This is a very fast past industry so there is always something to do, so the day goes by very quickly. I enjoy working with people so it makes my job easy.
    Working with upper management is easy, they are very fair people as long as you do your job.
    I highly recommend this company!

Cons

It's the hospitality industry so we never close.

3. "Come make money"

Current Employee - Senior Sales in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Sales in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

I have been working at Vacation Rental Pros full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is money to be made in the sales department. We have so many properties now that you book year round.
    We have a great team of bosses and they work for us and support us.

Cons

Over the 4 and half years I have been here the job has gotten better and better.
    At this time there isn't any cons for me to say.

Advice to Management

Keep our team together and keep expanding properties.

5. "Working at VRP"

Current Employee - Office Staff
    Current Employee - Office Staff

I have been working at Vacation Rental Pros full-time

Pros

If your looking for employment with a fast pace company, this is the one. I have been with the company for 3 years now and the business has really grown. There is always something to do and learn. Everyone works hard to ensure that our guests and owners are happy. They have great benefits and great people to work with.

Cons

The downside to working here is mainly the nature of the business itself. The hospitality business is not for everyone. It's impossible to please everyone and you have to learn to not take it personally. Having to work weekends, holidays and not being able to take vacation during peak summer season is probably the worst part.

Advice to Management

I don't really have any advice for management, they seem to know what they are doing.

6. "Accounts Payable"

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Vacation Rental Pros (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice, friendly environment, with hardworkers.

Cons

There's no room for growth. you're pretty much stuck at whatever position you were hired for.

"NO NO NO"

I worked at Vacation Rental Pros full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay to start - overtime is offered quite often. The dress code is casual.

Cons

Where would I even start? The owners are nuts. They think it's acceptable to scream, swear, and throw things. I am certain they are both drunkards. There is always an issue, every day. If you go through an agency, after your 90 days.... they cut your pay or fire you.

Advice to Management

Leave and find a company that will be around in another year. Do not waste your time on a company that has no loyalty to anyone.

"Only work here if desparate. Look at rate trends to see how fake the reviews are"

I worked at Vacation Rental Pros part-time

Pros

Literally a job if you have no other options and need something to put on your resume

Cons

This company is soley money driven where the CEO and Kyung are driven only to eventually sell their company after building it on a shallow foundation of flooding the market with their properties. My friends who work and have worked there in the past have all agreed that the working environment is terrible, in that the employees are easily fired. There is a high turnover rate due to employees quitting as well as them being fired. If you check their rating trends it has a unnatural jump around Sept 2015 and an even more obvious jump around April 2016 which was management trying to skew their ratings. Even with the management driven data the reviews avg at 3.1 because of past employee ratings.

If you are considering this job really reconsider it. There are plenty of other places where you can work for better treatment. The only type of people that work here are ones with no other options.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like disposable tools.

"AWFUL Experience"

I worked at Vacation Rental Pros full-time

Pros

The only pros would be a small income while you are looking for something else. These people are horrible to work for.

Cons

Too many to list. Look at other reviews of this company. Read their Cons. It is ALL true. The owners are just horrible people.

Advice to Management

RETIRE you money hungry mongers. Stop treating people as slaves and disrespecting them!

"Terrible"

Former Employee - Accounts in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Accounts in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Vacation Rental Pros part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None I can think of. VP had nothing good to say about the people working at the company. Witnessed guest calling discounted with the cleanliness of property they checked into for vacation. Can't please everyone, but nobody pays for a vacation and wants to make their main focus a complaint. They are there to have a good time. Not once did I hear anyone apologize to guest for room being unacceptably cleaned.

Cons

Company lacking structure. Working conditions are cramped and most desk are too high or chair too low. Old furniture. Place was non smoking but smelled like
    Cigarette smoke badly. I had to rush home to shower and still could not get rid of smell in my nose. Pay should be better for what I was being asked to do, especially in accounting. VP was nice to me but the cons were too many to keep me there. Open access to building.

Advice to Management

Leadership is needed in each department . Hire a supervisor in each area that will train new employees and be available to new comers. Create an Accounts Receivable department. AP employees should not be handling incoming checks, they pay bills. Find out why the place smells like smoke when it's suppose to be smoke free and fix the problem. Trust your best people..if there are any. Otherwise, clean house with good people who are truly wanting to take the company to the next level and not just get a paycheck. Change the guest blaming culture to a guest caring culture. Customers are the core of your business treat them as such or you won't have a company. Create a pleasant work environment where workers want to go each morning. I really wanted this to work out but the company is running without good people. VP was nice to me and I wish I could've stayed but it was not worthy of my time and experience.

11. "Vacation Rental Pros has much to offer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ponte Vedra, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ponte Vedra, FL

I have been working at Vacation Rental Pros full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been an employee at Vacation Rental Pros for 2+ years now and there really are some great things that I must point out about this company. Originally what had attracted me to this company was the originality of the business and how unique it was. Working here has given me a broad view of the impressive business model and I think just being exposed to a fast-growing company such as Vacation Rental Pros alone has been extremely rewarding. The management here is fair and places emphasis on team work and cooperation. There is a great diversity of employees here that all carry a sense of integrity and professionalism, which makes working here enjoyable. I must say the most difficult part of the job is when you are pinned between an angry customer and the company, but this is work after all and if that is part of the job, its part of the job. Over time you learn the tricks of the trade and are able to resolve most issues before they ignite. All-in-all working for Vacation Rental Pros has taught me goal setting, prioritizing, problem solving, advancement, skill building, and career planning. It really does come down to what you take away from a workplace and VRP has much to offer.

Cons

The only main downside may be the difficulty of handling the occasional angry customer.

Advice to Management

My experience with the management of the company has been great. My manager, the VP, and the owner are who I mainly interact with and they all display great leadership. Accessibility, responsiveness, decisiveness, collaboration, and delegating are all reflected in their actions. The only thing I may advise of is when a new employee joins the team to provide for them a handbook to reference to that is specific to their department.