Vacations To Go Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
R Alan Fox

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great travel perks and potential to make good money (in 10 reviews)

• Travel agents can make a lot of money if they work more than 40 hours a week, no cold calling which is a plus for inside sales (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Biggest con is that agents were not set up for success from upper management (in 11 reviews)

• 100% commission based but even if you make the sale your earnings are never guaranteed (in 10 reviews)

"Cruise agent in training"

Current Employee - Cruise Agent In Training in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Cruise Agent In Training in Houston, TX

I have been working at Vacations To Go full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So far they have been amazing. The leaders in the company clearly love their jobs and want you to succeed. Mason is a hilarious and patient trainer, Jojo, Robert, Mani and the rest of the trainers are clearly a cut above so many of the trainers I've encountered in the past at other companies. Thain and the lovely Addison are so passionate about VTG. They sold me on this career with the way they carry themselves. They called us during the hurricane to see if we needed anything, food, assistance, etc... This from a company we just joined. I've worked other jobs for YEARS and never got this kind of attention.
     They've even fed us twice a day since returning from the hurricane. Actual food too, Escalante's, Canes, Chic-fil-a, Chaco's......

Cons

So far none. I guess the only negative I can see is that I gained 4 lbs this week!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!

2. "Agent"

Former Employee - Agent in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Agent in Houston, TX

I worked at Vacations To Go full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Leader in industry. Pay is only once a month, but is dependable.

Cons

Limited income potential, have to work a lot of money to make 50K. Uncontrollable factors like weather affects your earnings potential. You required to work horrible shifts for the first 3 years.

Advice to Management

Get someone with solid sales experience to train and coach agents. Robert Baker has the management capacity of a sloth.

3. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Cruise Counselor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Cruise Counselor in Houston, TX

I worked at Vacations To Go full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay for the job
    Fun Environment
    Laid Back
    Company Sponsored Lunches/Snacks
    Lots of Vacation Days can be Earned
    Great Coworkers
    Limitless Possibilities for Income

Cons

Most shifts have no weekends and the few that do are late hours, but they are working on that

Advice to Management

N/A

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Vacations To Go full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Best company I ever worked for.

Cons

None I have been here for almost 11 yrs. Love it.

Jul 13, 2017 – Human Resources

Thanks for your review! We are so happy to know that you love working at Vacations To Go and consider it to be the best place you’ve ever worked. We sincerely appreciate the service you have given to... More

5. "Nice Job But Room for improvement"

Current Employee - Travel Agent in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Travel Agent in Houston, TX

I have been working at Vacations To Go full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible Hours, Supervisors do not micro-manage. Lots of vacation incentives.

Cons

Salary is tied to many factors beyond your control.

Advice to Management

Fix your intranet as it has many bugs in the system and getting worse each day

May 24, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We are always looking for ways to improve and some of our most valuable feedback comes from our current employees, especially those with such tenure. We are pleased to... More

6. "Fun atmosphere for a while, but you can get burnt out"

I worked at Vacations To Go full-time

Pros

Fun atmosphere, free or reduced travel perks

Cons

100% commission, it can become monotonous, managers are former sales people who couldn't sell but had good customer service records

Advice to Management

n/a

"4 months of training is a SCAM!"

Former Employee - Personal Cruise Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Personal Cruise Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Vacations To Go full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None I can think of!

Cons

They throw so much at you in a 2 week period that no one can retain 10% of the training. Then they expect you to be ready to get out of training in a month not 4 months. The 4 month training period is told to you over and over. They also tell you that they are going to help you until you understand the process. That is a LIE! They fired me after 4 weeks. They treat their employees like dirt. I got nothing but a real good lesson about not ever wasting my time again. They appear so caring and then you find out that is just a front!

Advice to Management

Not everyone learns at the same rate. That doesn't mean they won't turn out to be a Valued Employee. Stop treating employees like the are expendable. You should really hear what your employees think of the Management there. They call you the Click and they say you rule with an Iron Fist! I can attest to that! I'm very displeased and ashamed I even consider VTG.

Apr 7, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your time at Vacations To Go was such a disappointment.

We want every new travel counselor to be successful and graduate from training... More

"Travel Counselor"

Current Employee - Travel Counselor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Travel Counselor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Vacations To Go full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly environment, one of the best kept secrets out there for a sales job. Amazing earning potential, and yes you can make $100k+ your first year!

Cons

Team manager and directors really have no say or any authority! If you are a top producer there really is no benefit other than the money as the ALL-STARS stay the same so they don't have to shift schedules around. It's very political at this company!

Advice to Management

Reward the ones who are making your paychecks and not the ones at the bottom of the barrel!

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Vacations To Go (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been with VTG for 7 years and this is by far the best company I've ever worked for! Great employees from the Owner all the way to the agents.

Cons

Can't think of a bad thing that I could say about Vacations To Go. They are great in everything they do.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You guys are amazing and have changed my life for the better.

"Decent place"

I worked at Vacations To Go full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Casual work environment, uncapped commissions. You have to put in your 40 hours, but if you want to really make money you can work as much as you want.

Cons

They get you in the door by talking about making a 6 figure income. It is possible, but only a select few actually do it. Those that do usually burn themselves about after a year or two. I bet the average sales person there probably makes about $50k a year. They have a very high turnover the place is a revolving door.

Advice to Management

Be more realistic in the hiring process