Vacations To Go Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 22, 2017

5.0
R Alan Fox

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great travel perks and potential to make good money (in 10 reviews)

• Travel agents can make a lot of money if they work more than 40 hours a week, no cold calling which is a plus for inside sales (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Biggest con is that agents were not set up for success from upper management (in 11 reviews)

• 100% commission based but even if you make the sale your earnings are never guaranteed (in 10 reviews)

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Vacations To Go full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Best company I ever worked for.

Cons

None I have been here for almost 11 yrs. Love it.

Vacations To Go Response

Jul 13, 2017 – Human Resources

Thanks for your review! We are so happy to know that you love working at Vacations To Go and consider it to be the best place you’ve ever worked. We sincerely appreciate the service you have given to... More

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Vacations To Go (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been with VTG for 7 years and this is by far the best company I've ever worked for! Great employees from the Owner all the way to the agents.

Cons

Can't think of a bad thing that I could say about Vacations To Go. They are great in everything they do.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You guys are amazing and have changed my life for the better.

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Travel Counselor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Travel Counselor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Vacations To Go full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked at Vacations To Go for over 10 years and the experience has been great and rewarding. I was hesitant to take a commission sales job but was glad I gave it a chance. Management does a great job of keeping leads coming in (instead of cold calling). The employees and management are all easy to get a long with. I wouldn't trade this job in for anything else. Who can say no to free and discounted vacations which are provided to all the employees.

Cons

The assigned hours/schedule when I started was not the best. I had to work weekends or I could have chosen a late evening shift. After some time, I was offered a Monday to Friday shift. It does take time to get a favorable schedule, although if you are a top producer, you can become an All-star and pick the hours you want to work.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the employees and continue having great company functions like the picnics and Christmas parties.

"Excellent!!"

Current Employee - Team Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Vacations To Go (More than a year)

Pros

-Awesome company culture!
    -Free vacations!
    -Consistent schedule!
    -Upper management is great to work with! Very open and willing to listen!
    -Huge earning potential
    -Inbound leads!

Cons

-Nights and weekends
    -I can't think of anything else!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Best job i've ever had"

Current Employee - Team Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Vacations To Go full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Friendly working environment
    2. Very high earning potential
    3. Awesome travel benefits
    4. Managers and directors are always willing to help and give advice
    5. Potential for promotions and moving up in the company are very good
    6. The bonus structure that they have in place is very rewarding

Cons

There is a lot of information to learn upfront, but when you finally get the hang of everything then it is smooth sailing.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to see the faces of upper management on the sales floor more often.

"A+ Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Vacations To Go (More than 10 years)

Pros

I cannot say enough great things about Vacations To Go. I have been here over 13 years and to this day I walk in to work with a smile on my face. Everyone is very friendly and easy to work with but most importantly, management cares. Each and every day they strive to make performing daily tasks easier for every employee. It takes special dedication and perseverance to build a successful business and management at Vacations To Go has done it. I am not only happy to have this job, I'm honored.

Cons

I cannot think of any.

"Great company for secure income if you put the hours."

Former Employee - Sales in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Houston, TX

Pros

Easy sales process, inbound leads, ABC

Cons

tough to get get to other positions within the company

"Love This Place"

Current Employee - Master Cruise Counselor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Master Cruise Counselor in Houston, TX

Pros

The company gives you the chance to make as much as you want. It encourages you to make more. I feel that the company its self, has like any companies the mind set to grow. Its great to see. I am also a agent who has been given opportunity for management and growth with in the company. I am as well a agent that has been made to feel as if I am family as I have had issues with things like the lose of a child. To see upper management sitting there in the church with me was something I will never forget. I feel as if this place is family and its my carrier not a job. I will forever be thankful for this company.

Cons

I really do not have any. Just feel as this is going the right way.

Advice to Management

Keep going! Stay the course and thank you. That's all I can say about this company. Love it.

"Host, Singles Department"

Current Employee - Host, Singles Department in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Host, Singles Department in Houston, TX

I have been working at Vacations To Go full-time (More than a year)

Pros

VTG is an amazing company to work for! I have been with the company 2 years and LOVE it!! All management and EVERYONR in HR are very 'open door' policy and truly care about your success within the company. Plus it's a large company so plenty of room to grow and move around if you want a change. How much we make is up to us - which I like and even though it is a "call center" employees are not monitored or chained to the desk. If you need to get up and move around, clear your head, or just take a break to get your "mojo" back - we are all treated with respect and like the adults that we are. I honestly cannot say a single bad thing about anyone here.

Cons

The only "con" for me is the location. I live in Sugar Land and the office is located in the Galleria so traffic can be a bear sometimes - Work schedule is determined by seniority (unless you are an all star/top producer, then you can pick your schedule) so it will take me a while to get weekends off unless I switch departments.

Advice to Management

Keep everyone in HR!! And in Customer Service! Or give them a huge raise! The support they give us/employees is incredible and sincere. They genuinely care about us and want us to succeed both personally and professionally.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Management in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Management in Houston, TX

I have been working at Vacations To Go full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working at Vacations To Go has always been fun and rewarding. The company does a great job of taking care of employees, including large bonuses for providing excellent sales and service. The two picnics (one in the Spring, one in the fall) are very nice to bring the family and work environment together. The annual award ceremony in December is also a great.

Nearly all of the Managers and Directors start at the travel counselor position and are promoted within. When an opening for management becomes available, travel counselors are encouraged to apply for the position. This provides great opportunity for all employees at all levels of the company.

I enjoy working at Vacations To Go and appreciate all the people within the company that make working here a rewarding experience.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Advice to Management

Continue seeking feedback from all employees and making changes for the better, both for the employees, customers and company. Continue providing as many free/discounted vacations as possible.