Vaco Reviews in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Vaco Co-Founder and CEO Jerry Bostelman
Jerry Bostelman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No 401k match or paid family leave (in 11 reviews)

• Not much information giving as to the status of being hired on full time with the company (in 14 reviews)

"Depends"

Current Employee - Research Coordinator in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Research Coordinator in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Vaco (Less than a year)

Pros

Open culture and everyone smiles when you walk around in a big space and seemingly care about each other and what they're doing. Social environment with a lot of time invested in YOU

Cons

Unstructured while there probably too early to tell if thats just the way they run the place, poor management whereas things are said a lot and nothing is ever done and lots of people who never grew up work here, especially the type that would become a smart*** instead. you get snacks, no food here. The only perk worth mentioning is they monthly host happy hours where you get two free beers.

Advice to Management

stop celebrating your youth when you're 30+

"It used to be great."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Vaco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting work. Nice coworkers. Opportunity to work at some well-known tech companies. Free junk food.

Cons

Below market wages. Healthcare is a joke. The one affordable medical plan was removed and replaced with a $500/mo plan for a single, healthy, 20 something. That's ridiculous. Since they don't contribute to any insurance premiums, employees are actually better off going to ACA. No 401k match or paid family leave.

Advice to Management

Pay a living wage to your employees. (FYI, this is $21.68 in San Jose, according to the city.)

"Technical content specialist"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Vaco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some great co-workers
    3 sick days a year from california

Cons

Horrible PAY
    Lie to employees about raise potential
    they make sure to avoid putting any promised pay increase in writing to avoid paying later.
    No real advancement oppertunity
    Terrible HR and Hiring
    Should be criminal what they pay in the bay. Some people as low as $14-$16 and hour

Advice to Management

PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES TO LIVE IN THE BAY
    Value good workers and give Competitive raises.
    Stop taking over 50% of what google pays you for US.

"YouTube Video Inventory Analyst"

Current Employee - Video Inventory Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Video Inventory Analyst in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Vaco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice working environment and access to Google facilities.

Cons

Bad management, not equal salary among the staff that are doing the same job, low salary and not many opportunities to grow.

Advice to Management

Invest in team bonding and better interaction with the staff.

"Pay too low"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Vaco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are good opportunities available from good and respectable companies. The staffing agency Vaco is well organized and quick to respond to needs.

Cons

The Pay Rate is too low. There is very little negotiation they have for the opportunity. The billing rate is high for them but provide very little to thier employees.

Advice to Management

Be more honest with the billing Rate.

6. "You Reap What You Sow!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Vaco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Career growth opportunities for hard workers
    -Supportive upper management
    -Quarterly company happy hours & holiday events
    -Multiple project locations throughout the Bay Area

My personal experience with Vaco SF has been great. I've encountered some rough challenges, but I believe learning to overcome those moments make you a valuable employee and an intelligent business operations professional.

I started my career with the company almost three years ago as an individual contributor. It was a low-paying, entry-level job where my duties included mostly data entry and some communication for customer support. I practiced the workflows over and over on my own time (outside of work and on weekends) to make sure I understood everything I was expected to do and learn more about our proprietary tools and Excel. Once I established myself as an expert, I volunteered for every opportunity in leading trainings, updating/creating documents, planning events for team morale, etc.

My efforts were rewarded by multiple promotions to a senior coordinator role, team lead, and eventually into operations management. I came into work every day excited to learn, fix my mistakes, and improve my weaknesses. However, this was not a straight and easy road. There were many days where I came home and just cried or think about wanting to quit. But I knew if I gave up or started slacking off, I wouldn't improve myself as a professional in business operations. There's still a lot for me to learn and experience, but with the support of my upper management and my willingness to work through the challenges, I believe I will continue to find tremendous value in my experience with Vaco SF.

I also found that it is important to build and maintain good relationships with everyone you work with. Whether it's your client, managers, leads, and peers, you never know how your positive attitude and willingness to help can pay off. I've learned so much from just chatting with other smart people I work with, taking their experience to add to my own. Whenever I had a pain point about our tools, workflows, or management, I voiced my concerns directly to the people in charge and proposed a solution we can both agree on. This approach for me has been successful in solving the problem without sacrificing professional relationships.

Cons

-Would be nice to have coverage for health insurance for team leads or managers
    -Disparity in wages from team to team (mostly dependent on client budget)
    -Treatment of vendors/contractors/temps from FTEs can be a little discouraging

"Fake name. Dishonest and irresponsible company."

Current Contractor - Contractor in San Jose, CA
    Current Contractor - Contractor in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Vaco as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Watch out for this company who uses fake name to trick professionals in the bay to work for it. At frist they will trick you into their project by buying you lunch and trying to compensate your commute etc. After you sign the contract, it will turn its back on you. There is no follow up too.

Cons

Too many to name. Never follow up upon assignment. The recruiter themselves are very inexperienced and all they want is to lure you to their programs which is less paid than other company.

Advice to Management

Stop faking good reviews on social media to trick people into your fake jobs.

Vaco Response

Aug 8, 2016 – Marketing

Hello, we apologize for any less than amazing experience you had with us. Please know this is not reflective of Vaco as a whole and we would love the opportunity to make this up to you.