Valeant "r d" Reviews | Glassdoor

Valeant Employee Reviews about "r d"

Updated Jan 15, 2017

2.8
Valeant Chairman & CEO Joseph C. Papa
Joseph C. Papa
Pros
  • "The job does offer a decent monthly bonus, plus car, and good benefits(in 9 reviews)

• "Fast-paced, exciting, work-life balance, career opportunities(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management had blinders on(in 13 reviews)

• "The company does not invest on R&D(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "r d"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Mechanical Engineer Intern"

Mechanical Engineer Intern

I worked at Valeant for less than a year

Pros

Workers are one big family. Extremely organized. Management knows everything that is going on within their section of the company. Incredibly intelligent people. Always work to do.

Cons

The company does not invest on R&D.

Valeant2017-01-15

"Greedy corporate enterprise"

I worked at Valeant full-time

Pros

Buying most of the competing companies and pipelines meant less competition and bigger bonuses.

Cons

This company only cares about turning a profit. Valeant buys companies, fires the employees, and reinvests nothing back into industry R&D. The bonuses are enticing at first, but the pain and suffering from being stifled under the management isn't worth it for most people.

Valeant2016-02-14
  3. "Director"

I worked at Valeant full-time

Pros

Great comp, pay for performance attitude. Growing company.

Cons

Infrastructure is very thin - company does not believe in R+D

Advice to Management

A little investment in the right places could make this a company for the ages.

Valeant2016-01-04

"Unsustainable Business Model - House of Cards ready to fall to the ground"

R&D in Rochester, NY

I worked at Valeant

Pros

No real pros working for a sleazy company with unethical and probably illegal business practices.

Cons

Business model is to borrow, buy, cut costs with huge layoffs. They carry a huge debtload and are under numerous investigations for their sleazy business practices. The Philidor training manual describes this in great detail They may say that they don't "own" Philidor but their figures are included on Valeant's financial statements and Valeant employees use fictional names in emails when working at Philidor. Philidor employee paychecks are from Valeant. The stock that they give employees as a "bonus" is crashing and soon will be worthless. With each acquisition they lay off the best talent and all of the R&D people. Now Pearson says he wants to focus less on acquisitions and more on R&D. Too bad you laid all those people off. I'm just going to sit back and watch this show and thank my lucky stars I jumped their ship when they acquired my company. They layed off my entire department and expected me to do all of the work and then were completely floored when I gave my notice.

Advice to Management

Stop your sleazy business practices and value your employees, especially those in R&D.

Valeant2015-10-29

"Dermatology Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Dermatologic Sales Representative

I have been working at Valeant full-time for less than a year

Pros

Top of the line earning potential in the industry. Many opportunities to grow within the company and solid products

Cons

Valeant is an acquisition company so R&D seems to be neglected. Can become a little stale for reps but pay is good so it is what it is

Advice to Management

Continue great comp and you will continue To have a strong sales force. Invest a little more in R&D

Valeant2015-06-30

"Uneasy, unstable, layoffs cut too deep"

Current Employee - Engineer II in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Valeant full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My pay did not decrease when Valeant took over. Medical and retirment benefits are relativley competetive.

Cons

Since aquisition of the company I worked for, layoffs have been quarterly and to close for comfort. There is no sense of long term employment or advancement in R&D.

Advice to Management

Improve communications.

Valeant2014-06-10
  7. "Disappointed by management team #2, but it's a new day with management team #3"

in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at Valeant

Pros

Current: on the winning side of industry consolidation, great stock performance

Cons

Past: driven by bets on R&D and politics

Advice to Management

Current team: keep up the good work, enjoy NJ Past team: next time be kinder & avoid R&D bets

Valeant2011-08-08