Valeant "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Valeant Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated May 14, 2018

2.8
Valeant Chairman & CEO Joseph C. Papa
Joseph C. Papa
Pros
  • "The job does offer a decent monthly bonus, plus car, and good benefits(in 9 reviews)

• "Fast-paced, exciting, work-life balance, career opportunities(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management had blinders on(in 13 reviews)

• "The company does not invest on R&D(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews

"Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Valeant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is very good and products are top in the industry. Managers are not overbearing and numbers speak for themselves

Cons

So much bad press that you dont know what the future holds day to day. Upper management including CEO is new and doesnt quite understand the nuances of Dermatology

Advice to Management

Pay out big bonuses to retain the best sales team. Learn the nuances of Dermatology on the ground level instead of in a board room.

Valeant2016-11-22

"Constant battle for resources"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at Valeant full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

My boss is awesome and give me the support needed to keep me motivated. This is the only reason I’m still here.

Cons

Pay is low as compared to industry but more over less than peers in other BUs doing the same job! Basic resources to perform duties, to the most bare degree, are lacking. It appears that upper management has no clue what is actually transpiring at the field level. Operations is constantly changing, and not in the right direction. Operations is a revolving door as is HR. Home office employees, in partnership marketing, is not held accountable for lack of resources and if sales are down the mentality is “the sales force isn’t doing their job.” Unless your work at HO there is NO promotion from within.

Valeant2018-03-25

"Territory manager"

I worked at Valeant full-time

Pros

Great people (non-management), good pay, high bonuses

Cons

Typical big pharma- upper-management doesn't care about employees, zero transperancy

Valeant2017-03-24

"Maintenance"

I worked at Valeant full-time

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Upper management had blinders on. Never wanted to admit that there were issues that needed addressing until it was too late and then wouldn't allow the people that had the ability and knowledge to take over.

Advice to Management

Good luck...your going to need it.

Valeant2017-03-17

"Dendreon/Valeant Pharmaceutical"

Former Employee - Senior Lead II/PI in Union City, GA

I worked at Valeant full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working only three days a week was a plus. Security upgrade due to parking lot break ins ( security gates, guard shack, and security cameras increase).

Cons

Too much favoritism involved in promotion decisions. Experience and knowledge were overlooked on a regular as well as training moving too fast with quality of production a sterile product that was life saving losing the battle to demand of production numbers. A lot of good leadership bypassed for those that deserve the opportunity. Communication among department departments and upper management were lacking greatly. Big decline in motivation and teamwork with negative attitudes contributing. HR was not much of a positive help. Management changing constantly and stock prices dropping to the lowest and maintaining that status until up for sale again.

Advice to Management

This company could be so much more. I was there when the site first begin(walls being built). Being employed with the company when it was Dendreon(first) to the current name. I have witness/experienced the repaid decrease in several department, culture, motivation and buyouts. Many changes are needed from under management all the way down to the smaller departments. Resumes holding true experience and knowledge need to be taking seriously instead how one looks, dress, who they know as a connection and the smooth talk they use to get the job.

Valeant2016-11-21
  6. "analyst"

I worked at Valeant

Pros

Teamwork at employee level makes things happen

Cons

Front line management exploits its employees while middle and upper management chooses to ignore it.

Advice to Management

Take a closer look at your supervisors and front line management and how much you are really getting for your money. Too many chiefs

Valeant2015-07-26

"Kill or be killed attitude"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

I worked at Valeant full-time

Pros

The people you work with.

Cons

Upper management is ruthless and fickle. They offer you a job one day and lay you off the next. Nasty, nasty.

Valeant2015-04-14

"lots of changes, good products but unstable work environment."

Marketing Communications Coordinator in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Valeant

Pros

Valeant makes great products. It is exciting to promote a product that people enjoy. My coworkers were amazing and very smart.

Cons

upper management does not value employees. Constant change and instability led to everyday worry of layoffs. Very low pay and high work load. I often felt i was doing the job of 3 people.

Advice to Management

more transparency

Valeant2015-04-06

"Sales"

Professional Sales Representative

I have been working at Valeant for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay. Good work life balance

Cons

Terrible upper management. Bad company culture. Run very lean.

Valeant2014-11-20
  10. "Large corporation with the "lean structure" motto"

Current Contractor - QA Specialist in Petaluma, CA

I have been working at Valeant for less than a year

Pros

Employees on-site are very friendly and helpful. There is laid-back culture, however the job gets done and the goals are met.

Cons

No HR on-site; upper management are in the East Coast so quite often feel that there is no cohesion. Acquisitions lead to "synergy", which means software systems and quality systems are scrapped or half-hazardly merged together. Very "dynamic" company.

Advice to Management

Too many chiefs, not enough indians.

Valeant2014-08-14