Valera Global Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 11, 2017

2.9
Robert Mackasek

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Family Oriented, Friendly,Good People"

I have been working at Valera Global (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked at Valera more than 10 years. Yes, a decade. I was a lucky person to get a job with Valera Global if I look back. They provided me H1 visa and provided me an opportunity for my career. I was trying to struggle to get a job after graduating college in 1 year, if not, had to leave this country.
    They chose me and I provided my best efforts to prove that their choice was right.
    The best part of this company is, there is no behind secret. The management is honest, friendly. I moved out of the company due to company merger, but didn't know that Valera Global is one of different company to work when I was there.
    If you like to communicate and smile, while you build your dream and like to talk to people, go here. I've seen multiple good fellas who go to school and work here to build their dream and career, most of them ended finding good next goals. While you build yourself, you need good people around you and friends.

Back to 5 years ago, this company was among the fast growing companies nation wide before Uber kicks in, even now while they shrank much, they still try to keep their good shape and their high profile clients.

Good people, good working environment, no stress (just ignore what your supervisor says, they will forget next morning what they garbled, I know she is a best and lovely woman), can't forget laughs from lunch room around 12PM.

If you just got in, good luck, dissolve yourself to it and prepare for your future here. They will give you time and advice, meanwhile you're supposed to be a good time organizer for your future.

Cons

Now merged, but the other company's working environment is the same as Valera. The owners of two companies are best friends.

2. "Valera Global"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Pros

Good honest Company. Chance for for lifetime employment with hard work. Good benefits.

Cons

Isolated location. There are absolutely no nearby places to eat or hang out so bring your own lunch.

Advice to Management

Make arrangements to have lunch truck stop by every day.

3. "Stay away unless you want to make some extra money and not looking for career."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at Valera Global full-time

Pros

Very flexible and laid back if you are one of the favorites

Cons

There is big difference in work environment depending on the department. But the general rule is you learn nothing and you earn nothing.

"Melancholy, unethical, shameful,sexist, xenophobe, despairing place to work"

I worked at Valera Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Theres a break room, free coffee, some chauffers/four employees have manners and are kind, close to train station, close to tons of restaurants, nice neighborhood

Cons

No room for advancement, chauvinistic/racist management, low pay, no benefits, no retirement, Management disrespects/yells/curses/ treats employees horribly, favoritism between management, employees treated extremely unfairly.

Advice to Management

Disband the "clicks" between management that infringe on the rights of the employees and cloud your judgement in important decsions. This is truly a disheartening place to work because of management constantly disrespecting and blaming employees for their own mistakes. Stop with the racism and chauvinism it brings what little moral that is left down. Unfair tratement is the biggest offense along with favoritism. And employees want to feel as if their working towards a promotion or retirement and working with benefits, none of this is offered not even a kind word.

"Insight on working at Valera."

I worked at Valera Global full-time

Pros

Job is close to train station.

Some of the chauffeurs here have some great personalities.

A good starter job to jump-start career.
    (ideal for a college student taking a year off from school)

Cons

Lack of professionalism by managers.
    Lack of vision from higher ups.

Unfair favoritism
    Can be very stressful

Job is geared more for managers/supervisors

Lack of pay and advancement opportunities

Low morale amongst employees

Advice to Management

There needs to be a higher emphasis on respect.
    A lot of the employees are really unhappy and i think that with some minor adjustments, people will be happier, thus greater work output which then equals greater business revenue and high loyalty level from employees.