Valero Energy Reviews in Corpus Christi, TX | Glassdoor

4.9
Valero Energy Chairman, President and CEO Joe Gorder
Joe Gorder

Pros
Cons
  • located in the north of San Antonio so there is not much to do; (in 10 reviews)

• Long hours, management picks and rewards favorites regardless of work ethic or knowledge (in 9 reviews)

1. "Process Engineering Intern"

Current Intern - Process Engineering Intern in Corpus Christi, TX
    Current Intern - Process Engineering Intern in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at Valero Energy as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

The full-time engineers are very knowledgeable and willing to help you learn and succeed. Valero emphasizes community involvement. We regularly volunteer at the local food bank during lunch.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about Valero! My only complaint is against Corpus Christi. I'm from a big city and Corpus feels much too small for me.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! The corporate atmosphere at Valero is unlike anything I'd ever experienced. The current CEO emphasizes teamwork and a sense of camaraderie at the refineries.

2. "Engineer at Refinery"

Current Employee - Engineer in Corpus Christi, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Corpus Christi, TX

Pros

Is a very people oriented environment, most co-workers are friendly and easy to work with. Compensation and benefits are very good as compared to similar companies. Also not impossible to movie up the ladder if employee improves with time.

Cons

Like all places, many things can become political. People will always talk. At times job can become too repetitive and boring.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees you supervise as much as possible when making decisions that directly impact them. Keep all employees informed about the current situation of the company good or bad.