KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Valet Living

Engaged Employer

Valet Living

Add a Review

Valet Living Employee Reviews about "district managers"

Updated Apr 13, 2021

Found 31 of over 542 reviews

3.5
Valet Living President and CEO Shawn Handrahan
Shawn Handrahan
Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Valet Living and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "district managers"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Team work!

May 7, 2020 - District Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

My Regional Director of operations and Regional manager are always there to help! They are available for you all the time! Also, the district managers in the city where I work are always willing to help out if you need an extra hand! Awesome job environment!

Cons

Nothing that I can think of that can really bother me.

VP, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We're happy to hear that things are going well. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Valet Living the best place possible to work and build a career.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Horrible Company

Apr 13, 2021 - District Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are no pros, they use them against you

Cons

No work life balance, continually finding ways to make bonus impossible, no promotion opportunities, expecting to personally pull trash as a district manager, no upside to performing well as more work is added with no additional pay, etc.

VP, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your time at Valet Living. I’m sorry you didn’t have a great experience during your time here. Our District Manager's have a challenging job and there are circumstances that may require additional hours, which is not uncommon in any management level position. We continue to work on getting better in this area, with introducing the Lead Service Valet position in many of our markets as one example to help alleviate some of the tasks that would normally fall to the District Manager. Thank you again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you the best in your career.

3. 5.0

Great Company

Feb 19, 2020 - District Manager in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a district manager you are able to control your work life balance. You are able to work from home and you get a company vehicle to use for your property visits. It's not very difficult at all. The most important key to making your job successful is staying staffed and constantly recruit. Upper management is easy to work with and there is constant communication.

Cons

You have to be thick skinned. You cannot take complaints personal. You also have to be good at customer service. Pay could be more.

VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Valet Living. While we have things to work on, we're glad you've sensed the opportunity for flexibility and work/life balance that we've worked hard to make part of our culture at Valet Living. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Valet Living the best place possible to work and build a career. If there is any additional feedback you would like to share with us, please send me an email to antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good intro to managment career, absolutely no work life balance, micromanaging senior director of operations.

May 16, 2020 - District Manager in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good intro for anyone new to management, your neighboring district managers will assist you starting off.

Cons

Absolute no work life balance. Super high turnover, micromanagement from upper, residents lie all the time when in actuality they're at fault for not following guidelines. Too many unnecessary meetings.

VP, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience during your time here. We recognize that our District Managers have a challenging job and are working hard to provide them with all of the tools and resources to be successful. Our turnover for our part-time workforce is something we are working on. While it's consistent with industry average, we are working hard to incorporate competitive pay, rewards and proactive recruitment activities to stay ahead of vacancies. Thank you again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you the best in your career.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Not a long term job

Oct 4, 2020 - District Manager in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are nice, new bonus structure is good

Cons

No consistency, Upper management problems, Too much on district managers, no work life balance

VP, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing a review. I'm sorry you didn't have a great experience during your time here. As someone who was with our company for at least 5 years, I'm sure you can attest that working at Valet Living isn't for everyone. Our business is fast growing and change is constant therefore we ask our team members to be incredibly nimble as we serve customers in an industry that changes daily. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you the best in your career.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee

DM Review

Dec 17, 2019 - Dristrict Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not having to wake up and be in a office every morning. I love the fact I am able to wake up at my leisure (so to speak) Ok Salary to start off with. You do not have to speak with your boss every day You are sort of your own boss

Cons

Extremely long hours at times. Either your working barely 15 hours a week physically or your working your whole life away. Split shift- This is how they "promote it" however that is not accurate. Meetings are consistently scheduled with little to any notice during your "off hours" You will be told not to have anything scheduled during your working hours unless your on PTO. That is not a fair way to do things. If you cover 20 properties and you have 7 properties with no staff. You will be required to physically work all those sites or fear being fired or wrote up. So you could expect to start at 7pm and end work at 5 am. You can not voice your opinion or you will be terminated or treated differently-At the end of the day you have to play your role with this company. Make sure trash is collected and doors are not missed. By any means necessary. If there is ever a complaint blame falls strictly on District Manager no matter what it is. budgets for sites are so low. It does not help retain good talent. You will lose PTO- Even if you do not need to, just take it as soon as possible. Because most likely you will not be fully staffed so you can not use your pto towards end of year and you will lose anything over what the company allows you to carry over and they will not pay you out on it. You vs. Sales, Property Management, Regional- If anything goes wrong suck it up because they will not back you up. They will side with the client in fear of losing contract. Communication- Management only responds to you if they like you. Although they get a lot of calls, trust me you will get the excuse of I was busy or I did not get your message. But if you do not answer your in hot water!!

7 people found this review helpful

VP, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your time at Valet Living. I’m sorry you didn’t have a great experience during your time here. Our District Managers have a challenging job and it’s true that working at Valet Living isn’t for everyone. Related to your comment on associate feedback, we are working hard in this area. Each year we provide our associates the opportunity to provide feedback anonymously through or annual all associate survey. The results from this survey are used to identify opportunities and confirm strengths. Thank you again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you the best in your career. If there is any additional feedback you would like to share with us, please send me an email to antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com

7. 5.0

Easy job to do on side

Dec 3, 2019 - Service Valet in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy job to make money at night while you work 9-5 I got lucky and have awesome district managers Always work to do

Cons

Not a glamorous job, but company has your back

VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Valet Living. While we have things to work on, we're glad you've sensed the management support structure that we've worked hard to make part of our culture at Valet Living. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Valet Living the best place possible to work and build a career.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

District Manager

Mar 3, 2020 - District Manager in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company truck, lots of flexibility, strong team of other District Managers

Cons

Low pay, very bad work life balance working 6 days a week.

VP, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your experience working at Valet Living. I’m sorry to hear you aren’t having a 5-star experience. It’s true that working at Valet Living isn't for everyone. Change is constant in our business, and we ask our team members to be incredibly nimble as we serve customers in an industry that changes daily. Related to your comment on pay, we consistently evaluate our compensation to ensure we remain competitive in each of the markets we serve and recently updated our District Manager bonus plan, providing a more robust opportunity to earn additional bonus based on targets established. Thank you again for taking the time to leave this review. If there is any additional feedback you would like to share with us, please send me an email to antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good support, great company!

Jan 15, 2019 - Valet Waste Trash Collector in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great part time job with an amazing amount of support from district managers. I work for a major organization during the day and never received any formal training. Working as a valet, I trained with someone for 3 whole shifts. Wonderful! As noted by others, the inadvertent exercise is a nice trade off while getting to listen to audio books or music. Also, I get to pet the occasional dog!

Cons

The tenants can be pretty disrespectful and brand new properties tend to have unrealistic expectations on a single person collecting trash. The tenants can do a real number on their own community, so it feels a little unfair and shortsighted on the apartment management's side. However, I did find that if you reach out to your district manager with your concerns, a thing I was nervous to do for fear of sounding like a complainer, they can really help! I'm not sure how that conversation went, but I imagine they advocate for you while helping to keep the professional and respectful relationship with the community.

5 people found this review helpful

Senior Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience so far working at Valet Living. We strive to create an open culture here and value feedback so that we can become an even better company. It's great to hear that you have the support from your District Managers. We definitely agree that the Service Valet position is physically demanding and candidates interested in joining should keep this in mind. We like to think about this position as the one that pays you to help you get fit. Glad to hear you feel the same! In regards to "advice to management," we’ll continue to analyze if we’re providing competitive compensation to our associates, especially consider costs of living in all markets. Again, thank you for your feedback and all you do!

10. 5.0

Service Valet

Jan 11, 2019 - Service Valet in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the things I really like is that you get to work kind of at your pace. Be on time and on top of your stuff and no one if breathing down your neck. I like that it’s a great amount of work for part time. Just a few hours a day and moving along. I love the customer service part of the job. A lot of room for moving up within company but there is a lot of competition as well. My District Manager rocks!

Cons

Only con is being outside in the weather on the days when it’s snowing or just pouring down. But hey that’s part of it. Usually the weather is one of the pros of the job. It is a lot of physical work. So just be ready for that. There will be days you don’t feel like you’re gonna make it. If you have that mentality and mindset, you could potentially not have any cons here!

3 people found this review helpful

VP, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're happy to hear that you are having a great experience and it sounds like your DM is going a great job too! You point out a great advantage to our part time Service Valet position: autonomy and independence to complete your work! Most associates really value this. The outdoor, inclement weather conditions can be challenging. We thank you for working through this and continuing to satisfy our residents with service. If you have any further feedback you would like to share, please email me: antonio.fiorentino@valetliving.com

Viewing 1 - 10 of 31 Reviews