KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Valkyrie Trading Reviews

Updated Sep 7, 2021

Found 6 of over 6 reviews

5.0
Valkyrie Trading Chief Executive Officer Chris Mellee (no image)
Chris Mellee

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Finance

Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great company and people

Sep 7, 2021 - Trading Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

As an intern, I was given much more responsibility due to their smaller size. My project actually contributed to the company and I was able to trade with real capital which is unique for a trading internship. The employees were all nice and helpful, and there wasn’t any hierarchy or egos in play.

Cons

Even as a new hire you’ll be given a lot of responsibility and be placed in stressful situations trading as soon as a few months in.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0

Impactful Projects and Great Work Environment

Nov 19, 2020 - Software Developer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Collaboration is encouraged. Flat organizational structure. Open communication between different teams and team leaders. No-bullshit, with minimal to no politics. All projects have a tangible impact on the operations of the organization. No face-time or work for the sake of doing work. Generous vacation policy (unlimited vacation policy). Encourage continued learning. Open about firm's performance. Management is down-to-earth. Value independence and creativity.

Cons

It would be nice to have more insight into career progression and promotions.

Continue reading

Valkyrie Trading Response

HR Team

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback! As we've grown, we have implemented some programs to provide more concrete performance feedback and expectations for our staff. We do encourage our employees to have an open dialogue with their managers regarding career interests and growth, but we also know we have room to improve here. Thanks for bringing it to our attention -- we are working to construct processes to proactively provide guidance on career trajectories and look forward to seeing a positive development in the future.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Really good prop trading firm to work for in Chicago

Jan 30, 2019 - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- They are investing heavily in building new tech. Its a great opportunity to make a big impact - if you are up to it. - The partners are some of the smartest professionals I have come across. You will learn a lot about trading and market making. - They treat their employees very well. The culture is very positive and people you will work with seem motivated and happy. - Fooda, Kitchfix, and catered lunches are awesome. Great health insurance and all perks as listed on their website - some of best for prop firms.

Cons

There aren't really many cons that I can think of. People are generally very busy because there is so much to do and processes are still being developed - one needs to be proactive to extract requirements, can feel a bit lost, prepare for some learning curve - there is lot of jargon and weird names for software components, Windows shop mostly (con for some perhaps). quite a lot of legacy code to deal with and issues that come with accumulated tech debt.

11 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to learn from and work with smart minds!

Aug 20, 2014 - Junior Trader in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Catered lunch Free snacks and drinks Great health benefits Fun after work culture (starcraft, dota, ping pong, card games) Fun work events (supercar experience, helicopter ride/lessons, go-karting, whirlyball, laser tag, fancy holiday dinners) Relatively flat structure Collaborative environment Many opportunities to contribute new ideas and take initiatives on new projects.

Cons

Office can get hot from all the monitors Need more developers! Could use more soda variety

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Valkyrie Trading Response

Head of People Operations

Thanks for the honest and thoughtful feedback! As a team, we like the intelligent and collaborative environment as well. You'll be happy to hear the office is much cooler now.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Derivatives Trader

Dec 28, 2016 - Derivatives Trader in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart and talented people, proactive and supportive management, meritocratic, good work culture, selective recruitment that enables it to grow steadily relative to other smaller Chicago prop firms that indiscriminately hire/fire traders, young traders are given the support and tools needed to learn, grow and succeed

Cons

No real downside to working here other than the fact that its relatively younger and not as established as some of their deep-pocketed competitors

6. 5.0

Great growth opportunity!

Mar 7, 2016 - Options Trader in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ambitious young firm Focus on cohesive and scalable trading strategies Academic knowledge-share culture Really, really smart employees that are given lots of responsibility Management is very thoughtful in deciding how the firm uses its money and time Endless queue of things to improve and projects to tackle Benefits - great food options and premium insurance plans

Cons

Finding good developers seems to be one of the firm's biggest challenges Limited product scope at this scale

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews

Valkyrie Trading Reviews FAQs

Valkyrie Trading has an overall rating of 5 out of 5, based on over 6 reviews left anonymously by employees. 100% of employees would recommend working at Valkyrie Trading to a friend and 100% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Valkyrie Trading employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Valkyrie Trading. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

100% of Valkyrie Trading employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Valkyrie Trading 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 5 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Valkyrie Trading to be management, career development, benefits and the cons to be MISSING VALUE.

Popular Careers with Valkyrie Trading Job Seekers