Valley Health System (New Jersey) Reviews

3.7
Valley Health System (New Jersey) President and CEO Audrey Meyers
Audrey Meyers
Pros
Cons
  • "For RNs with experience coming in, meeting the expectation of practicing at the top of your license takes time(in 5 reviews)

• "hard to move(in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"AMAZING"

I have been working at Valley Health System (New Jersey) part-time

Pros

They are incredible to their employees

Cons

No cons. Love it here!

Talent Community Manager

We are thrilled to receive your recommendation of Valley Health System and appreciate your feedback. Thank you for all you do and for being a part of our team!

2. "great place to work"

Current Employee - Medical Coder in Ridgewood, NJ

I have been working at Valley Health System (New Jersey) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

great management and coworkers, they care for their staff

Cons

Really I have nothing bad to say about them

Talent Community Manager

We are thrilled to receive your recommendation of Valley Health System and appreciate your feedback! We work hard to offer a culture that upholds our values and mission, while also supporting the wants and needs of our patients and customers. Thank you for all you do and for being a part of our team!

3. "Good"

4.0

I worked at Valley Health System (New Jersey) part-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay with a busy schedule

Cons

Some departments are "cliquey" and very rude

Talent Community Manager

We appreciate your review and are glad to hear that you enjoyed the compensation. Please know that we remain committed to encouraging a fulfilling and meaningful career for our employees. Your concerns about the work environment/culture are taken seriously and will be shared internally as we are always looking to improve the employee experience. Thank you for your contributions and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

4. "Lovely People"

Current Employee - Business Associate in Ridgewood, NJ

I have been working at Valley Health System (New Jersey) full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people I work with are some of the nicest coworkers I’ve had and are always willing to help. Everyone here is so experienced that it’s also a great learning experience for someone just getting into healthcare and they’ve made sure to work with me during my journey.

Cons

Opportunities for advancement don’t come often as I’m guessing people don’t want to give up their jobs!

Talent Community Manager

We are thrilled to receive your recommendation of Valley Health System as a current Business Associate and are so glad to hear that you're enjoying your coworkers and the culture. Please know that we understand the importance of opportunities to advance your career and believe that our employees are instrumental in the success of our organization. When we invest in our employees, we are taking steps to elevate our level of care to the next level. Valley Health System offers educational and career advancement benefits for everyone. To learn more, visit: https://www.valleyhealthcareers.com/benefits/career-development/ We also encourage you to share your concerns with your manager or HR if you have not already.

5. "Horrible place to work"

1.0
    Current Employee - Business Associate in Ridgewood, NJ

Pros

I have a job that allows me to put food on my table

Cons

EXTREMELY hard to move up. There is a lot of favoritism. Management has their favorite and if you are not one of them, they make life so hard for you. Don’t have a BSN? Forget about the opportunity to further your career in this company. I have a bachelors and currently working on a masters degree and I keep getting denied when applying to other departments. It is sad to say this but it is hard to move up if you are a minority. Hopefully this changes someday.

Talent Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback as a current Business Associate. Fostering a positive culture and employee experience is important to us. We understand the importance of opportunities to advance your career which is why we strive to support all of our employees in growing and seeking out opportunities to develop their knowledge in specializations and beyond. We encourage you to share your concerns with your manager or HR if you have not already. To learn more about our educational and career advancement benefits, visit https://www.valleyhealthcareers.com/benefits/career-development/

6. "Horrible place to work"

1.0
    Current Employee - Business Associate in Ridgewood, NJ

Pros

I have a job that pays me

7. "Great Hospital/People"

4.0
    Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Ridgewood, NJ

I worked at Valley Health System (New Jersey) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people/ Always willing to help

Cons

Not enough room for growth

Talent Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience! We understand the importance of opportunities to advance your career and believe that our employees are instrumental in the success of our organization. When we invest in our employees, we are taking steps to elevate our level of care to the next level. Valley Health System offers educational and career advancement benefits for everyone. To learn more, visit: https://www.valleyhealthcareers.com/benefits/career-development/

8. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse, BSN in Ridgewood, NJ

I have been working at Valley Health System (New Jersey) part-time for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers are great, managers work with you and care about you. Lots of opportunity for growth.

Cons

There are none to say

Talent Community Manager

We are thrilled to receive your recommendation of Valley Health System! We are so glad you're enjoying your position as an Registered Nurse!

9. "RN"

2.0
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse

I worked at Valley Health System (New Jersey) full-time for more than a year

Pros

-The hospital is very clean and beautiful, and the equipment is modern Other than that, there aren’t that many pros...

Cons

-Very poor staffing ratios at night (7-8 patients per 1 RN) made it unsafe -Bullying by management and other burned-out RNs. -Inexperienced staff because of high turnover rates on some med-surg floors -EHR system is archaic and not user friendly

Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear of your experience as a former Registered Nurse. At Valley Health System, fostering a positive culture and employee experience is very important to us. We will be sure to share your feedback internally, as we are always looking to improve the employee experience.

10. "Great Decision to Join!"

Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Valley Health System (New Jersey) full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am a new employee but feel like I have already built long lasting relationships with the staff and colleagues. Everyone is open and foster a learning environment for me as a new comer and the staff that have been here prior.

Cons

Too early to tell, none yet!

Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Valley Health System team! We are thrilled to receive your recommendation and are so glad to hear that you're enjoying your co-workers and work environment.

Found 103 reviews