Valley Healthcare Staffing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Steve Swan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company Culture"

Current Employee - Digital Content Marketer in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Digital Content Marketer in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Valley Healthcare Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Valley really cares about their employees. They offer full medical and 401K benefits. The have salad Tuesdays, run club, free yoga classes, and they even pay for your gym. I love how Valley really cares about their people and their people's needs. They provide alternative work schedules (work 9's get every other Friday off, work 10's get every Friday off), which allows you to customize your schedule and time to fit your lifestyle. They even provide us with core hours, which means you only have to work from 10 am to 3 pm at the office. This is amazing, because it eliminates traffic commute time and provides you flexibility to work from home. I am truly blessed to be a part of their team, and I highly recommend you work with this company.

Cons

Nothing I can think off. I really enjoy being at Valley!

2. "Caring & Reptuable"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Valley Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Valley cares. Plain and simple. Whether it's involving internal employees or nurses, Valley truly cares about the well-being and happiness of all employees.

Valley is reputable. There are no hidden agendas or unethical business practices. Valley is a trustworthy organization that prides itself on always doing the right thing.

Every employee is appreciated and considered important. It doesn't matter what position you hold, everyone is an equal part of the same Team.

Employee input matters. Valley is always open to improving and knows that no one single person is an expert in all departments. Some might feel there are constant changes, but those changes are simply the result of employees identifying areas that are better for the company, the nurses and the internal staff.

What you give is what you get. Plain and simple. If you work hard and give your best to the company, you can be sure you will be rewarded.

Cons

It's nearly impossible to identify any significant downsides for a company that goes above and beyond ensuring that all employees are given the opportunity to enjoy success.

3. "Life changing decision!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Valley Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Since I joined on with Valley 15 months ago my quality of life has become significantly better! My wife would tell you I am a different and happier person. I wake up motivated and excited to go to work! The health benefits and 401k options are 2nd to none! I truly feel like Valley has a vested interest in me and my family's future. I love great group of people I work with! I am excited with where Valley is headed as a company!

Cons

No cons that I can think of. I am a happy employee and plan on a long career here at Valley Healthcare Staffing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! The development of our systems and the tools given to me just keep getting better and better.

4. "More than just a number"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Valley Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Personal Story which best depicts the culture and family values associated with company. I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and had to have brain surgery. I would suffer seizures and sometimes was unable to work. Never once did anyone in management down make me feel bad or guilty for not making it to work everyday. They just wanted me to take care of myself. The day of my surgery, the CEO and his wife came to the hospital and delivered food for my family, balloons and magazines but most importantly, support. After the surgery, months later when I was cleared to work I was welcomed with open arms. The company had paid my premiums (before we had no cost insurance) while I was gone and my coworkers covered my nurses while I was out. When I came back I still had 12 nurses and the commission. My coworkers asked for nothing. Today I still may not be the recruiter I once was (6 months post surgery) but never have I been pressured to be what I was, but simply what I can. In a business that is high stress by nature, Valley does everything imaginable to eradicate and extradite any other pressures. The focus is your development and what you can be as a member of the team. I have worked for Fortune 500 companies including a company rated the best training program in America and I would tend of differ...this is the best training program for my personal and professional development.

-Professional Development
    -Coaching and Development
    -Technology
    -Culture
    -Incentives
    -401K
    -No Cost Insurance, Dental and Eye

Cons

-Stressful nature of the job

5. "Worst company ever!"

I worked at Valley Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Most employees are friendly (beware of snitches)
    - Salad Tuesdays
    - Paid gym membership
    - team bonuses/outings (if it happens)
    - no dress code

Cons

- Lack of training
    - Many nurses not getting paid correctly
    - Management is so shady! I can't believe they can talk to their employees/travelers like they're nothing. Valley wouldn't exist without us.
    - Valley loves to lie to their nurses. It's pretty sad.
    - Thinking about giving your 2 weeks notice? I wouldn't recommend it.
    - Your final paycheck? Have fun with that.

Please avoid this company!
    I usually don't write reviews but this is well worth it.

For Valley employees/travelers: just beware

Advice to Management

Nothing. Management will never change for the better.

Mar 16, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback and candor. While we take great care in creating and refining our training program and eLearning suite, there can always be improvements.

At Valley we work very hard... More

"Honest Review"

I worked at Valley Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is always hiring.

Cons

The employees are treated horribly. The CEO talks down to everyone in the office and has full-on temper tantrums when flustered. He is always hovering over the employees and listening to their phone conversations, calling them out in front of everyone if he does not agree with how they handle a situation. The "team leads" are forced to micro-manage and sit at people's desks watching over, even if it makes them uncomfortable doing so. The management is very indecisive. At one point it was decided to implement a structure involving working for 52 minutes and then not working for 18 minutes (mandatory), and then a few weeks later you were not even permitted to have your phone at your desk. They encouraged everyone to bring in their personal decor to their cubicles and a couple months later decided that you were not permitted to have anything besides your laptop, mouse, and keyboard on your desk when you left for the day. There is more focus on small policies then progress, which may be part of the reason the company has not seen growth in years. There is extremely high turn-over of employees. In 18 months 30+ internal employees either quit or were fired from this company. Management is not candid with employees about the competitive market and what to expect. Valley has limited jobs available for travel nurses and lacks in up-to-date technology. Employees are promised growth although promotions are generally offered with lower pay and the company dynamic changes so often the new positions are only relevant for a short period of time (demotions are very common). Many former employees have had issues with inaccurate (or non-existent) final paychecks and angry threats or insults for leaving.

Advice to Management

Stop micro-managing, learn from your mistakes, don't just act like you value employees by offering up prizes and competitions but genuinely sit down and think about what they do for you - I was surrounded by employees who wanted nothing but to give their all for this company and it is really hard to see management take this for granted. There are so many talented, great individuals who have been vulnerable enough to try to make this a great place and unfortunately they just were not heard - Listen. Take their opinion into consideration. Spend culture meetings finding a solution to important things, not music selection.

Mar 27, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your input. I have read all three of your reviews here on Glassdoor, and, I have spoken to your team about your experience here, and their experience with you. We will take the... More

"Beware!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Valley Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The culture is fun and lively when the CEO isn't there
    -This company was a stepping stone to something better, but nothing more than that

Cons

-Zero room for growth, and even if you are promoted to a "Team Lead" that comes with a pay cut.
    -Constant change in a negative way - commission structure changed 4 times during my tenure, contests and prizes are not followed through with or they are changed entirely, practices and policies are constantly changing and often times they aren't even shared with the employees
    -The CEO has awful mood swings- he will call you out in front of everyone if he doesn't like what you're saying on your phone calls or the way you are conducting your business. He will belittle you instead of building you up with encouraging thoughts and tactful ideas.
    -VERY Small amount of jobs available so placing an RN outside of CA is very difficult.
    -Shady and unethical business practices
    -The company itself has not grown in 15+ years as far as external or internal employees. CRAZY high turnover rate - this should tell you all you need to know about how this company is run
    -Complete lack of support : When I went to upper management to let them know I was struggling and needed help, I was told "go home and think about whether you really can do this job" and then was berated when I quit and told I was unprofessional and that I "owed them more than that"

-Employees are PAID an extra hour of work for their positive responses on here, hence all the same or almost the same posted dates

Advice to Management

LISTEN to what your employees are telling you. Former included. Don't jump on the defense and tell them that they are wrong. There's a previous post on here and your response is "I don't remember it that way"- what matters is that the employee does. You're the CEO, take responsibility for making people feel the way you do. If you can't keep employees or grow your company at all, it's not ALL of them- it's you.

Mar 16, 2017 – HR Director

8. "Employee Focused"

Current Employee - Senior Compliance Specialist in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Compliance Specialist in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Valley Healthcare Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Employee satisfaction focused
    -Healthy lifestyle focused
    -Gym incentives
    -Heath Bar
    -Salad Tuesdays
    -Daily office "3 oclock walk"
    -Dietician
    -Team atmosphere
    -Philanthropic opportunities to support community
    Overall, the most amazing ownership and company I have ever worked for.

Cons

I can honestly say there has yet to be a con and I do not foresee any in the future.

Advice to Management

Continue with your positivity and supportive structured business model and we will all continue to see amazing success!

9. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Supporting Staff in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Supporting Staff in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Great Company. The people are great. The company cares about the culture and I love it here.

Cons

I do not really have 1 con for Valley. I am impressed with the culture, Management and my colleagues.

Advice to Management

I am very happy to work at Valley Healthcare. It is the best company I have worked for.

Nov 12, 2016 – CEO

We love hearing you're happy! Spread the word and we will keep working hard to make the company even better.

10. "A truly great place to work"

I have been working at Valley Healthcare Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-A phenomenal Team of people to work with
    -Really great opportunities for growth
    -Lots of training with constant feedback
    -Amazing investments in technology to make us the best
    -Fun environment, Foosball, open work space
    -A workplace you want to come into every day and can give feedback to management about anything, anytime

Cons

-Lower base salaries, though lots of opportunity for growth
    -2 weeks time off to start is a little low, especially in a job that can be high stress
    -Working towards flexible hours and telecommuting but so far it's limited

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, it's great!

Nov 12, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback! Always love hearing what's great and where we can improve, too.