Valley Healthcare Staffing Reviews | Glassdoor

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Travel Nurse Recruiter in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Travel Nurse Recruiter in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Valley Healthcare Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone helps each other, constant support. Friendly staff and the CEO cares about his people. Best way to describe with one word......"team".

Company has a clear mission and plans for getting there. Best of all you know who you are working for and with, genuinely cares about you and your success. It's a pleasure to show up every day and you can tell each employee feels fortunate to be part of the team.!

Cons

Using a ton of apps and different software programs. Not so much a con just can be confusing and time consuming

Advice to Management

Continued support and transparency is much appreciated.

2. "Life changing decision!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Valley Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Since I joined on with Valley 15 months ago my quality of life has become significantly better! My wife would tell you I am a different and happier person. I wake up motivated and excited to go to work! The health benefits and 401k options are 2nd to none! I truly feel like Valley has a vested interest in me and my family's future. I love great group of people I work with! I am excited with where Valley is headed as a company!

Cons

No cons that I can think of. I am a happy employee and plan on a long career here at Valley Healthcare Staffing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! The development of our systems and the tools given to me just keep getting better and better.

3. "More than just a number"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Valley Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Personal Story which best depicts the culture and family values associated with company. I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and had to have brain surgery. I would suffer seizures and sometimes was unable to work. Never once did anyone in management down make me feel bad or guilty for not making it to work everyday. They just wanted me to take care of myself. The day of my surgery, the CEO and his wife came to the hospital and delivered food for my family, balloons and magazines but most importantly, support. After the surgery, months later when I was cleared to work I was welcomed with open arms. The company had paid my premiums (before we had no cost insurance) while I was gone and my coworkers covered my nurses while I was out. When I came back I still had 12 nurses and the commission. My coworkers asked for nothing. Today I still may not be the recruiter I once was (6 months post surgery) but never have I been pressured to be what I was, but simply what I can. In a business that is high stress by nature, Valley does everything imaginable to eradicate and extradite any other pressures. The focus is your development and what you can be as a member of the team. I have worked for Fortune 500 companies including a company rated the best training program in America and I would tend of differ...this is the best training program for my personal and professional development.

-Professional Development
    -Coaching and Development
    -Technology
    -Culture
    -Incentives
    -401K
    -No Cost Insurance, Dental and Eye

Cons

-Stressful nature of the job

5. "The Pinnacle of Culture"

I worked at Valley Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I never worked for a company that focused so heavily on employee engagement, happiness, and well being. We had Salad Tuesdays where the CEO would cater a different salad every week from Panera, Buca di Beppo, among other places. In the role, you can make as much money as you want as a recruiter, leadership is there to help you every step of the way. Leadership was accessible during off hours including opening up the office on weekends to offer 1:1 help. I also really enjoyed the culture, the entire office feels like a family- people get along, have happy hours, group events, and support one another.

Cons

There is a lot to learn in a short amount of time, I didn't realize that so much went into hiring and balancing nurses. It can be a true juggling act

Advice to Management

Continue building the company by providing support to the sales team. Stay true to the Valley core value of Hungry, Humble, and Smart and Valley will reach all of the goals.

6. "Work Hard, Play Harder"

I have been working at Valley Healthcare Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited growth potential both in earnings as well career growth. In the six months I have been here, I have been able to promote to Senior Recruiter and make the most money I've made in my life. Whenever I need help, a peer, leadership, and even the CEO is readily available for help. There have been multiple times I've asked a question on a weekend and received an answer.

Cons

The job can be stressful, balancing adding nurses, maintaining nurses, and making sure there are zero hiccups along the way. You get out exactly what you put into this job, if you work hard you'll be very successful, if you don't you won't.

Advice to Management

Continue focusing on developing employees and focusing on the environment. Sales can be very stressful, the good is great and the bad can be dismal. I'm very appreciative of Salad Tuesdays, quarterly team outings, winning a cruise to Mexico, winning contests to go to Top Golf, and developing my skills to make me a better recruiter. It is these things that help us become successful, stay successful, and push through the hardest of times

7. "Honest Review"

I worked at Valley Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is always hiring.

Cons

The employees are treated horribly. The CEO talks down to everyone in the office and has full-on temper tantrums when flustered. He is always hovering over the employees and listening to their phone conversations, calling them out in front of everyone if he does not agree with how they handle a situation. The "team leads" are forced to micro-manage and sit at people's desks watching over, even if it makes them uncomfortable doing so. The management is very indecisive. At one point it was decided to implement a structure involving working for 52 minutes and then not working for 18 minutes (mandatory), and then a few weeks later you were not even permitted to have your phone at your desk. They encouraged everyone to bring in their personal decor to their cubicles and a couple months later decided that you were not permitted to have anything besides your laptop, mouse, and keyboard on your desk when you left for the day. There is more focus on small policies then progress, which may be part of the reason the company has not seen growth in years. There is extremely high turn-over of employees. In 18 months 30+ internal employees either quit or were fired from this company. Management is not candid with employees about the competitive market and what to expect. Valley has limited jobs available for travel nurses and lacks in up-to-date technology. Employees are promised growth although promotions are generally offered with lower pay and the company dynamic changes so often the new positions are only relevant for a short period of time (demotions are very common). Many former employees have had issues with inaccurate (or non-existent) final paychecks and angry threats or insults for leaving.

Advice to Management

Stop micro-managing, learn from your mistakes, don't just act like you value employees by offering up prizes and competitions but genuinely sit down and think about what they do for you - I was surrounded by employees who wanted nothing but to give their all for this company and it is really hard to see management take this for granted. There are so many talented, great individuals who have been vulnerable enough to try to make this a great place and unfortunately they just were not heard - Listen. Take their opinion into consideration. Spend culture meetings finding a solution to important things, not music selection.

Feb 22, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for the input. I read all three of your postings between February 6 and today and am so sorry that this is your experience. As you know, I have tried to reach out to you on several ... More

8. "Beware!"

I worked at Valley Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The culture is fun and lively when the CEO isn't there
    -This company was a stepping stone to something better, but nothing more than that

Cons

-Zero room for growth, and even if you are promoted to a "Team Lead" that comes with a pay cut.
    -Constant change in a negative way - commission structure changed 4 times during my tenure, contests and prizes are not followed through with or they are changed entirely, practices and policies are constantly changing and often times they aren't even shared with the employees
    -The CEO has awful mood swings- he will call you out in front of everyone if he doesn't like what you're saying on your phone calls or the way you are conducting your business. He will belittle you instead of building you up with encouraging thoughts and tactful ideas.
    -VERY Small amount of jobs available so placing an RN outside of CA is very difficult.
    -Shady and unethical business practices
    -The company itself has not grown in 15+ years as far as external or internal employees. CRAZY high turnover rate - this should tell you all you need to know about how this company is run
    -Complete lack of support : When I went to upper management to let them know I was struggling and needed help, I was told "go home and think about whether you really can do this job" and then was berated when I quit and told I was unprofessional and that I "owed them more than that"

-Employees are PAID an extra hour of work for their positive responses on here, hence all the same or almost the same posted dates

Advice to Management

LISTEN to what your employees are telling you. Former included. Don't jump on the defense and tell them that they are wrong. There's a previous post on here and your response is "I don't remember it that way"- what matters is that the employee does. You're the CEO, take responsibility for making people feel the way you do. If you can't keep employees or grow your company at all, it's not ALL of them- it's you.

Feb 22, 2017 – CEO

9. "A Joke"

I worked at Valley Healthcare Staffing full-time

Pros

Can't seem to think of absolutely any pros that come from working at this company.

Cons

No real management team, no HR department, no work-life balance, and zero opportunity for growth. If you're into getting yelled at by the CEO of a company then this is the place for you! He is constantly in the office breathing down your neck questioning absolutely everything you do. His mood swings have to be the worst, you never know when he's in a good mood or when to approach him. Please avoid working here, I would advise you to consider all other options before you work at Valley.

Advice to Management

Get a management team.

Feb 8, 2017 – CEO

10. "Employee Focused"

Current Employee - Senior Compliance Specialist in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Compliance Specialist in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Valley Healthcare Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Employee satisfaction focused
    -Healthy lifestyle focused
    -Gym incentives
    -Heath Bar
    -Salad Tuesdays
    -Daily office "3 oclock walk"
    -Dietician
    -Team atmosphere
    -Philanthropic opportunities to support community
    Overall, the most amazing ownership and company I have ever worked for.

Cons

I can honestly say there has yet to be a con and I do not foresee any in the future.

Advice to Management

Continue with your positivity and supportive structured business model and we will all continue to see amazing success!

11. "Best Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Valley Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture is very strong and supportive - it is a genuine team and there is a lot of positive energy in the office!

Everyone is very friendly, treated with respect, and given all the tools and assistance needed to be successful.

The technology that this company utilizes far surpasses any other in the industry. The placement process is quick, comprehensive, and efficient, which is beneficial to our sales staff and our travel nurses!

Cons

There are so many new and exciting things happening at Valley, I cannot think of a single con.