Valley Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Rich Roodman

Pros
  • Great benefits, awesome people to work with; and patient to help (in 6 reviews)

• Strong patient care focus, benefits, creative thinking, growth and the ability to share ideas especially those that are out of the box (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • While it's a good problem to have the volumes are growing at a rate that no one could imagine (in 3 reviews)

• Patient care load is often too heavy due to short staffing (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"It's a Cool time to be at Valley"

Current Employee - Periop in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Periop in Renton, WA

Pros

Strong patient care focus, benefits, creative thinking, growth and the ability to share ideas especially those that are out of the box.

Cons

Advice to Management

Keep listening and interacting with front line staff. Create and or expand on the existing culture of family between staff.

2. "Valley has been a great opportunity"

I have been working at Valley Medical Center full-time

Pros

Good salary, benefits and parking. Leadership is very accessible. They want to hear what can be improved and they work on it. Valley has been a great move for me professionally. I feel like my work is valued and I have more work life balance than I ever had at my previous employer. The team I work with is awesome too!

Cons

So far I've had a very positive experience.

3. "What happened to the mission?"

I worked at Valley Medical Center full-time

Pros

Good benefits
    Good location
    Some good apples (people)

Cons

Valley is a house divided which means it is not mission focused (odd for a public hospital). This makes for an unhealthy atmosphere/culture.

Advice to Management

Remove silos (less VP's).
    Add team based incentives.

Feb 3, 2017 – Senior Recruiter

We appreciate your feedback and it has been shared with Leadership. We're always open to a conversation as well. Please reach out to us if you would like to discuss your concerns more.

5. "Patient Service Representative"

Former Employee - Patient Service Representative in Renton, WA
    Former Employee - Patient Service Representative in Renton, WA

I worked at Valley Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, wages, had a great place to work. Loved my coworkers. Worked as a team which was a plus. We knew what needed to be done and got it done

Cons

Inept Management. Not having a clue as to what you even do. We run the place not them. When management shows up tornado. Upper management doesnt feel we deserve the pay we get for running the clinic!

Advice to Management

Learn what your employees actually do. Do their job then you can judge them! Remember word of mouth. Well it goes around!

Jan 23, 2017 – Senior Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on Valley. We would like to be able to focus on the management at the clinic where you worked so we can make Valley an even better place to work ... More

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Renton, WA

I have been working at Valley Medical Center (More than a year)

Pros

Great team work, 4:1 patient ratio for med/surg nurses, break nurses to break staff nurses for breaks, great management.

Cons

Vague policies, slowly being changed

7. "Beware of Patient Resource Center"

Former Employee - Patient Resource Representative in Renton, WA
    Former Employee - Patient Resource Representative in Renton, WA

I worked at Valley Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No dress code, can wear jeans

Cons

If you want to be treated like a kindergartner, never hear positive feedback, be constantly watched and experience complete disrespect then this is the place for you! High turnover, always short staffed and if you have a voice they shut you up immediately. This place will destroy your self esteem, no one is ever good enough. Only get to park on site every other month and soon every 2 months.

Advice to Management

Look in the mirror, the problem is not with the employees it's with the non existent integrity of the manager. If you treat employees poorly they don't stay. Be honest about the parking issue and that it is a "call center" instead of a "patient resource center" so new employees know what they are getting into.

Jan 30, 2017 – Senior Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Your review will be shared with Patient Resource Center Leadership. We are committed to making Valley a best place to work. If there is ... More

8. "Nice Place to Work"

I have been working at Valley Medical Center full-time

Pros

Friendly organization, Morally rewarding work, good pay, Everyone in the company has one ultimate idea in their mind : patient care.

Cons

Employee parking is not the most convenient in the world, but that's because patients need the best parking, 100%. Not really a con at all, just not a pro.

Advice to Management

Please bring back drinks that contain sugar and/or fat inside of them. You'll sell donuts and candy and lattes, but whole milk and regular soda (which is less unhealthy than diet soda) is not sold.

"Glad I don't work there anymore"

I worked at Valley Medical Center full-time

Pros

Benefits are amazing, many front-line staff members are truly dedicated to improving patients' health, geographically located in a convenient area

Cons

Senior management thinks that it is adequately balancing the best interests of the patients and its budgets, but even if it is, this is not being effectively communicated to the worker bees (read: this directly affects employee morale). Middle management is too busy fighting internal political fires instead of expediting improvement of patient outcomes. Nepotism, favoritism and department coddling are rampant, and this impacts service/work/relations on all levels. Compensation is below industry average and career growth is minimal.

Advice to Management

You hire great people but make them salty by ignoring their good efforts.....listen to your staff, or else they'll leave (like I did).

10. "Good Company to work for"

Pros

Regular 9-5 job, worked with really fun and and prompt employees, Great Location

Cons

Different roles where sometimes hard to learn

11. "Troubling counseling dept"

Former Employee - Psychotherapist in Renton, WA
    Former Employee - Psychotherapist in Renton, WA

I worked at Valley Medical Center part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good psychiatry and counseling practiced by clinicians. Good direct patient care by most

Cons

"squeaky wheel" employees get attention. Physician/prescriber needs are prioritized over other staff. Institutionalized classism, racism, lack of inclusion for differing outlooks/employees that don't fit preconceived mold are marginalized.

Advice to Management

Management is not fair here and encourages negativity/competition among staff.