Valnet Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Valnet Inc. Reviews

Updated 23 Oct 2019

4.1
Valnet Inc. CEO Hassan Youssef (no image)
Hassan Youssef
Pros
  • "I've had an exceptional experience with Valnet Inc(in 11 reviews)

• "If you are looking for an organization that will emphasize positivity and company culture, I can guarantee that you will love it here(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "editors with no sense of appreciation for their staff seem to make it(in 13 reviews)

• "I don't have any cons to report that are within the control of the Valnet reps that I have worked with(in 12 reviews)

1. "A Career Changer"

Current Employee - Writer in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Valnet Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Adequate pay, flexible schedule and the growth opportunities are there if you stick at it. The editors are rockstars. They always make themselves available to answer questions, are extremely flexible when it comes to deadlines and a pleasure to work with.

Cons

The industry is always changing, which can be challenging but that isn’t really even the company’s fault.

Valnet Inc.2019-10-01

"Absolute Disaster For Freelancers"

Former Employee - Freelance Writer

I worked at Valnet Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

It Used To Be Good

Cons

Editors straight up ghosted me (Didn't realize this company was a dating app) Emails openly ignored at the end of my time there Never officially was informed I got fired, They Just Started Putting My Drafts In The Trash Pay Kept Getting Lowered Dishonest About Changes Going On No Room For Financial Improvement You Essentially Get Punished For Producing Too Much Work Editors Are Constantly Fired So It Is Impossible To Use Them For Recommendations Don't Waste Precious Time At This Dead End Writing Job

Valnet Inc.2019-07-10

"Great place to work"

I worked at Valnet Inc.

Pros

Great people, great team spirit. Fun, independent working environment and positive values, attentive to employees, plenty of nice perks and activities.

Cons

Revenue-driven but not quality-driven, which can lead to a sense of instability in the organization. Holiday allowance is bare minimum, and salaries are not competitive.

Valnet Inc.2016-05-09

"Too big for their britches"

Business Development Manager in Remote, OR

I worked at Valnet Inc.

Pros

Flexible working hours, no qualms about taking time off. Boss was very pleasant and upbeat. Decent commission structure. Paid on time when I sent my invoice.

Cons

They hired me for my expertise but didn't utilize it. Ignored me and my requests for a couple months before they decided to remove the department that I was to head up.

Valnet Inc.2015-10-22

"Wonderful Company"

I worked at Valnet Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked in a lot of companies, and I have to say Valnet is one of (if not THE) best company to work for. Management is very generous and proficient. They stay on the cutting edge of tech as it's the nature of their business. HR side of thing can't be better, with a lot of company outings, restaurants, summer events, winter events that create a close bond with your co-workers and management. Everybody is heard, they have an open door policy and listen to what we say.

Cons

As this is a small company (less than 50 employees I believe) you must be ready to roll up your sleeves and commit to work. There is time for play, but there's also time for work. Their management structure is pretty flat, so if you're expecting hand holding this isn't the place for you. If you are autonomous and like to work on deliverables, then this is the place for you.

Valnet Inc.2015-07-12
  6. "Take everything contextually"

Former Employee - Manager in Montreal, QC

I worked at Valnet Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can't speak for all departments, only the one I worked for. Youtube team is excellent. Boss is great, doesn't micromanage, gives you the freedom to chose how to run your side of the business, but is always open and willing to guide you. Steps in and intervenes when needed, and it's greatly appreciated.

Cons

Could've been a bit more organization in the area I worked at. Seemed a little disorganized between some of the team members.

Valnet Inc.2019-10-23
  7. "a good experience and a dynamic company"

Former Employee - Web Developer

I worked at Valnet Inc. full-time

Pros

dynamic, professional, good kitchen culture

Cons

political promotion process, sometimes focus on short term plan

Valnet Inc.2019-10-24
  8. "Policies Change, Pay Gets Cut"

I worked at Valnet Inc. part-time

Pros

If you get a good editor, you are good to go. I met some gems for sure, and they not only helped me become a better writer but also proved to be good at heart.

Cons

You may be a newbie writer or a long-term one; if policies change, they cut your base rate. Else, they give you the boot.

Valnet Inc.2019-09-02
  9. "Motivating Environment, Great Perks!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint-Laurent, QC

I have been working at Valnet Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love that hard work is recognized and rewarded at Valnet ($$$) With Valnet and Valsoft working in the same office, I am very happy to be on the Valnet side, as I find the company culture to be focused more on employee happiness.

Cons

There is a high turnover rate of employees - Sometimes due to layoffs (digital media has its ups and down), but most of the time people get too comfortable and quality of work diminishes.

Valnet Inc.2019-08-15
  10. "Progressive and innovative environment"

Current Employee - General Manager in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Valnet Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

-An evolving and focused company based in online media. -Not much bureaucracy here. Almost everyone sits together in open concept space so it better aligns us. -Modern space, typical tech amenities like foosball, ping pong and a stocked kitchen. -Young and energetic team. -Each department is its own but they create a safe and welcoming environment. -Parking is abundant. -Teams work well between each other.

Cons

-There's a learning curve as digital media is constantly evolving. For some, it can be challenging to keep up to date. For other's it's a fun challenge.

Valnet Inc.2019-07-24