Valv Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kevin Hunt

1. "Great coworkers, plenty of work to do"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Valv Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers were friendly. Decent work- life balance. Salary and benefits were decent. Owner is active in the shop and supports local charities.

Cons

Owner is active in the shop. Witnessed several episodes of company owner embarrassing team members in front of peers on shop floor. Rumors of multiple intimate relationships among staff members was distracting and made environment uncomfortable.

Advice to Management

Take corrections into a private office.

2. "Be wary"

I worked at Valv Technologies full-time

Pros

Family owned and operated.

Cons

Political, turn-over is incredible. The owner sues staff who leave.

Advice to Management

You call yourself global company - act like it.

3. "Good company with a direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Valv Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great product. Friendly people. Seem to be going in the right direction.

Cons

Too many changes in the past create a lot of confusion

Advice to Management

Keep a stable team

5. "Hostile work environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Valv Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Co-workers are great!! This company has great poeple working there. My peers were all very kind and and have become friends.

Cons

The people working in the HR department and the owner/president like to bully employees and manage the company with intimidation.

Advice to Management

Hire poeple in the Human Resources dept that are actually human and helpful.

6. "Avoid if you can!"

Pros

Good valves and products, nice CEO, small enough to feel like you can make an impact, factory is right below offices

Cons

Favoritism, disorganized, bad morale, poor management, too many people taking advantage or being unethical, poor business decisions, disengaged employees, can't follow processes

Advice to Management

Open your eyes and be a company that people feel inspired to work for.

7. "12 years"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Valv Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

4 day work week 12 hour days gives you a 3 day weekend. Shift is from 6am through 6 pm.

Cons

Oil field related which isn't a good thing right now based on the low price of oil.

8. "Great environment and people but limited in department resources and ability to grow within the company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Valv Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Allowed to work independently without interference from others. Constantly learning the valve business and the steps required to complete each job. Opportunities to travel to other countries.

Cons

Constantly outsourcing labor for repairs which can cause major delays for customer. Constant changes in management and large employee turnover. Difficult to know if company is moving in the positive direction.

Advice to Management

Decrease the amount of labor, materials and repairs to be outsourced sooner rather than later. Improve employee turnover, besides the people that have been there since the beginning only a small percentage have been with the company longer that 5 years.

9. "Very Happy Employee"

Current Employee - Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Valv Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with this company for many years. The current HR team, Management, and Executives have been very accommodating at working with employees who have certain health or family related issues that are beyond their control. I have experienced this personally and have witnessed the same kindness towards other employees. This company has a charity committee that is dedicated to helping employees in need as well as the local community. We also have a wellness committee, and a chaplain service available for employees and their families to access 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. The president and CEO of the company views his employees as a family. I have heard him say these words many times over the years but most importantly, I know these words to be true through his actions.

Cons

I cannot think of any real cons. I have enjoyed my employment here. Most of my co-workers have been here as long if not longer than myself.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire quality people who genuinely care about the continued growth of this company.

10. "Not Very open to flexibility and change!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Valv Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ordinarily a not a bad company, they produce specialty valves and the products are very good and in high demand!

Cons

there's a divide among the different departments and this causes for delays and lags in production/processing time.
    Management is rigid, hence no flexibility to encourage developments and change.
    Sole ownership private business, decisions tend to take too long.

Advice to Management

The culture and work structure need to be re evaluated to encourage a more professional and ethical working environment. There should be better collaboration among the different departments to foster a one team mentality.

11. "Another relieved ex-employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Opportunities abound. This is due to the incompetency of the owner and his two hench-men. Great products that could be the absolute best in the market.

Cons

HR is in every area of the business and EVERYTHING goes through this filter. We were supposed to implement a new ERP system, but this failed due to a lack of consensus of the owner and the VP of Ops. Yet the owner blames the vendor. Mid-management is a revolving door.

Advice to Management

Look in the mirror and become self aware and you will see the problems with the company. Look at the number of good people that have come and gone through your company over the last 5 years and realize that your ae the problem.