Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance Reviews | Glassdoor

Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance Reviews

Found 77 reviews

3.3
Eric Hamilton
Pros
  • "Great atmosphere and benefits plus they have a gym and cafeteria on site that are both great and affordable(in 7 reviews)

• "The company celebrates team share and throws company-wide parties each quarter for it(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Everyone must start in collections to get their foot in the door(in 11 reviews)

• "Compare to most internships, VMF and Clayton pays a little low(in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Analyst in Maryville, TN

I have been working at Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Awesome people to work with Company values their employees Flexible scheduling Great Benefits!

Cons

After 7 years I can honestly say I don't have any.

Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance2019-02-12
  2. "Awesome Company!"

I worked at Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance full-time

Pros

Great co-workers, great learnership and training! I looked forward to going to work every day

Cons

Nothing. I wish I could move back and work there again

Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance2019-03-23
    • "Sub prime collection calls on past due trailer payments."

Current Employee - Account Representative in Maryville, TN

I have been working at Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The onsite gym and cafeteria.

Cons

This is an entry level position where you are required to make over 100 collection calls every single day. You will be severely micromanaged. You will be told when to be on the phones, when to take breaks and when you take your lunch. This like most other positions within the company is deeply depressing. Management is unqualified, untrained and very immature. VMF has had to endlessly advertise on the radio for a...

Advice to Management

Stop promoting based exclusively on networking and friendship. This only creates low moral and resentment. Be more inclusive with your teams and stop with the managers Vs rep mentality. Stop forcing your employees to take vacations days non no pay days for doing team engagement and company sponsored events.

Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance2019-04-14
    • "Just do collections"

Former Employee - Credit Services Representative in Maryville, TN

I worked at Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Good facility, bonuses are nice

Cons

Promotions tend to be based solely on relationships, and how your manager/department is viewed to rest of the company and less on merits

Advice to Management

Communicate better within the department. Actually be open to ideas that you didn’t come up with. Promote people into leadership that may view things differently

Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance2019-03-16
    • "Great Employe"

Current Employee - Bankruptcy Specialist in Maryville, TN

Pros

Training, advancement opportunities, engagement, work from home opportunity, flex schedule opportunities, on site facilities, community involvement, and just a great place to start a career.

Cons

Outdated/poor technology. Leadership difficult to access, expectations constantly changing. Lose income with promotion. Salary not as competitive as similar companies in the area.

Advice to Management

Focus/streamline meetings. Overhaul IT systems, make step raises more competitive. Have leadership devote more time to their teams.

Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance2018-11-13
    • "Account Rep"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Maryville, TN

I worked at Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Willing to hire and train people with little to no experience

Cons

So many people going for the next tier job that it's easy to get drowned out

Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance2018-10-20
    • "Growing a Career Here!"

Pros

The opportunity for advancement here is unparalleled. It takes dedication, ambition, and being open to change. Training/Learning is key to success. There are tools provided by the company to improve in almost every area. The atmosphere is wonderful - as are the team members and amenities. The work/home life balance is MUCH appreciated.

Cons

For me, no con. I enjoy coming to work each day.

Advice to Management

Be authentic. Stay humble. I think we do a pretty good job of hiring right!

Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance2018-09-04

"Wasted Three Years of my Life"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

I worked at Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance for more than 4 years

Pros

Co-workers become friends and make the environment tolerable Team shares (mini-bonuses every 3 or 4 months) On site amenities (Gym, cafeteria, farmer's market, events, etc)

Cons

The only way of getting a position or rising in the company is if you have personal connections with management. You can be "blacklisted" by seniors or managers if they don't like you - which means you cannot promote out of your current department (This didn't happen to me, but this also made it impossible to bring up problems you are having with management). Human Resources does nothing about terrible managers. I...

Advice to Management

Get new management. This company has mindless, unprofessional, rude, and obnoxious people dictating workers without knowing what they are doing. The Human Resources department is also down the drain when employees can't even trust them.

Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance2018-08-31
    • "LOVE My Career"

Pros

Vanderbilt Mortgage provides great opportunities to grow and promote your way up. I started the company almost 7 years ago and began a career in one position and am now continuing higher education in a field I LOVE. I have watched myself grow and develop from Mentors and Managers. Seize every opportunity and watch yourself become better than before.

Cons

Continue to be open to change!

Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance2018-07-16
    • "Joyful at VMF"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

I have been working at Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. is a great place to work and grow. Leadership culture is servant and innovative. Professional support and exposure to all areas of business create opportunity for all. Dedicated to the customer and the team member.

Cons

Your efforts are rewarded. Awesome place to build a career. It is up to YOU!

Advice to Management

Hire right

Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance2018-07-03