KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 316 of over 390 reviews

3.9
Vanderlande Industries CEO Remo Brunschwiler
Remo Brunschwiler
Pros
  • "Work life balance & good management(in 37 reviews)

• "Great Work Culture, Opportunity to travel overseas(in 20 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No clear direction from upper management(in 9 reviews)

• "Because they are based in the Netherlands it can often be difficult to make changes to aspects of a project(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Vanderlande Industries and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

Great place to work

Jan 15, 2022 - Electrical Project Engineer in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary..great experience…great health care benefits

Cons

Nothing to improve. Feels great to work here.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Incredible People!

Jan 5, 2022 - Global Head of Talent Acquisition
      Business Outlook

Pros

In November of 2020, I made a huge career change after 25 years in the BPO Industry. I was in search of a progressive company where people were recognized as the fuel empowering meaningful products and services. As I explored joining VI, I met people who were inspirational and leading transformation in a way that energized me. Now that I have had the opportunity to meet some of our front line employees I am further inspired by the creative genius present in our everyday operations. The work our teams do is not always easy, but it is incredible and the impact of the work is making people's lives better every single day. Our outlook is strong because of our people and the care and creativity brought to our delivery.

Cons

There are challenges in every workplace. I am proud to be a part of the team acknowledging what we need to do to be better every day for our Customers and our Employees. Change and transformation are inevitable as technology is always evolving and forcing us to keep pace, but that is the very pace I want to keep, especially in a world of technology where our people are the top priority.

3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Stear clear, run don't walk

Jan 16, 2022 - Senior Controls Engineer in Maretts, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is in a building and it keeps the rain out when the weather is bad. Other than that I have no idea of any Pros that are available if you work for this company. I am out of here next week and will not give a notice since they fire people left and right without a notice.

Cons

Management is a joke. Engineering is a joke. Pay is low. Mechanical design is bad and equipment is built as cheaply as possible. If it breaks that is fine as long as they can blame it on the company and take no responsibility for it. They refuse to use AutoCAD (standard in the US). It is all a joke to them.

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Naive North American arm with no leadership

Dec 13, 2021 - Construction Site Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good way to add airport, logistics, site, etc. to resume, since VI is so desperate to hire. Take the job to build your network and resume, then leave for greener pastures.

Cons

VI North America is trying to assert itself away from the Netherlands. They're also trying to win all the big projects / resume gems. Unfortunately, every department, from engineering and supply chain to payroll and HR, has serious gaps in leadership. The company is bleeding money because of their inexperience, and it's only a matter of time before the axe comes down. If VI NA wants to survive and win the NEXT project in the same showcase city, they better hope that a lot of high level managers get restructured out of a job.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 3.0

It's ight

Oct 9, 2021 - Electrician/Lead Electrician in Bella Vista, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is very competitive and I enjoy a good a challenge.

Cons

I was promised a better work/life balance and so far everything has been what's best for the company. When I ask to take time off for illness, my given home leave, or anything I get grief and I'm left feeling like taking time off isn't an option for me while others get time off. Nepotism is rampant for the moment. If you know certain people then experience isn't required to make money and get roles that certain people should not have. Leads that haven't touched anything except low voltage or networking, super visors that can't do simple relay logic, etc.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0

VI

Nov 30, 2021 - Sales Engineer in Marietta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice work culture Relaxed Friendly environment

Cons

Poor Management Lack of communication Poor Management

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

team culture

Nov 11, 2021 - Controls Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

great team work growing international opportunities good policies

Cons

very conventional work life balance promotions are not made considering performance manipulation

8. 5.0

Great Company

Oct 29, 2021 - Operations
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, benefits, and vacation time Socially responsible company that cares about employees

Cons

No option to be fully remote for most employees Lots of meetings

9. 5.0

Great Company Culture

Sep 3, 2021 - Corporate in Marietta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast growing company in fast growing industry and lots of opportunities to grow. I've been with the company for several years and have seen growth explode. Within either the corporate offices, engineering, or service sites/manufacturing, if you have a go-getter attitude, you have an opportunity to be rewarded with promotion.

Cons

Lack of diversity in executive and upper level management. Basically all white men.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Could be better

Nov 8, 2021 - Passenger Boarding Bridge Technician in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

they Pay good. good HR dept. nice people that you work with.

Cons

Supervisors are not trained well, which in turn, good employees, skilled technicians don't get the proper training. Baptized by fire is the norm here. You learn as you go. :-/ At least in LAX

Viewing 1 - 10 of 316 Reviews

Vanderlande Industries Reviews FAQs

Vanderlande Industries has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 390 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at Vanderlande Industries to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Vanderlande Industries employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Vanderlande Industries. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

83% of Vanderlande Industries employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Vanderlande Industries 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Vanderlande Industries to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Vanderlande Industries Job Seekers