KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

59% Recommend to a Friend
61% Approve of CEO

Found 101 of over 106 reviews

3.4
Vanir Construction Management CEO  Dorene Dominguez (no image)
Dorene Dominguez

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The people are great.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Good benefits.(in 9 reviews)
  • "There is a great work/life balance here and I have never felt overworked.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Dorene Dominguez is an AMAZING leader, and she’s encircled with great leadership in the construction PM/CM space.(in 4 reviews)
  • "I was also told that other training under CMAA and reviews for CCM exam are paid by the company.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Vanir Construction Management and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company to work for!

Oct 27, 2021 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are very collaborative and encouraging. Want employees to advance.

Cons

The upper management has some turnover. But to be expected in this face paced industry.

2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lowballed

Jun 5, 2022 - Construction Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great way to start but know how to negotiate and get what you’re worth

Cons

Low balled regarding pay. Really not sufficient with training and will use your credentials to win projects and place you in positions they’re not willing to pay more for.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Consistent Raises

Oct 21, 2021 - Project Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Steady raises of 3-5% every year. Was able to negotiate vacation days when hired.

Cons

Medical benefits have declined over the years. This year our floating holiday was take away. Bonus' are very small for the average worker, not sure about management.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Place To Work!

Oct 22, 2021 - Information Technology in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very proud to work for a company that fosters a quality consciousness in Employees, provides customer satisfaction, construction project management uniformity and benefits are in alignment across the industry. Dorene Dominguez is an amazing leader, and she’s encircled with great leadership in the construction PM/CM space. So many different people with different backgrounds all coming together with the same mission to provide company excellence and deliver industry leading construction management services.

Cons

No cons for me...Awesome place to work!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Place to Work

Sep 30, 2021 - Senior Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Vanir has been a great place to work and fulfill my career goals. The company has been supportive as I've moved multiple times, finding projects/assignments for me in areas that I've moved to. They have also shown loyalty through appropriate market rate compensation and flexibility of my work situation during the pandemic. There have been ample opportunities for exciting projects and work assignments.

Cons

There are some processes/procedures that could be more streamlined.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Be apart of something great

Oct 7, 2021 - Director in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Committed to the safety of all employees/clients and provides a flexible work environment. Opportunity to learn and grow as an individual Strong managerial and mentorship support Opportunity to work in multiple states Collaborative culture, nice people, lots of value being provided to clients, new ideas welcomed and lots of opportunity to have impact.

Cons

Being flexible and adaptable is important however, if you love fast-pace nature I see this as a pro.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Family oriented

Oct 5, 2021 - Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'm very happy working with this family-oriented company. Employees and Management are very professional and caring towards one another.

Cons

Long commute for me; however, there are remote work options.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome place to work!

Sep 29, 2021 - Executive Assistant in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have a great boss. Professional and cares about every employee in the company. Flexibility with my schedule. I can see this being the last place I work until I retire. My colleagues are friendly and make it an enjoyable work place. Professionalism in every department. I see everyone puts in 100% because they genuinely like their job and have a passion for their specific roles.

Cons

I really do not have any cons to say about this company.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company

Sep 29, 2021 - Senior Executive Assistant in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Vanir is very family oriented. In my personal experience, Vanir has made every effort to help me achieve and maintain a positive work/family life balance. With encouragement and support for my professional goals, Vanir has helped me grow in my field and provided opportunities to gain additional skills and certifications.

Cons

Cost of benefits is pretty high but good quality.

10. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Stay Away! Fake Positive Reviews!

Nov 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good experience at the project level.

Cons

Stay away from this company if you know what’s good for you. The Ownership and C-Suite team are about as incompetent, self-serving, and dishonest as you can get. Very high employee turnover at all employee levels. Terrible benefits and minuscule bonuses. Do your homework. Very likely that many of the positive company reviews here are “planted” by the HR department!

4 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 101 Reviews
</>Embed

Vanir Construction Management Reviews FAQs

Vanir Construction Management has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 106 reviews left anonymously by employees. 59% of employees would recommend working at Vanir Construction Management to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Vanir Construction Management employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Vanir Construction Management. This rating has improved by 14% over the last 12 months.

59% of Vanir Construction Management employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Vanir Construction Management 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Vanir Construction Management to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be compensation, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Vanir Construction Management Job Seekers