Vanquish Marketing Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Chris Thomas

"Culture and Growth"

Current Employee - Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The development is based on merit. I have seen people get promoted to a training position in as long as 6 weeks or as little as 3 weeks. Promotion is something that is tracked and managed.

The culture of the office is energetic, educational, and team based.

The managers of the office take the time to offer constructive feedback rather than criticism, which in my opinion, presents the opportunity to perform to a higher degree... confidently

Optional Team events and trips like: Vegas for four days, Dallas for two days, Baseball games, laser tag, bowling, barbecues on the beach, professional seminars have inspired me and helped me grow.

They said that they would give me the opportunity run my own team, coordinate and manage various clients, and be promoted based on my efforts and capabilities. I have been promoted by each time frame explained in the interview seeing as how I completed all of the standards and expectations they put in front of me and never stopped trying to grow.

Cons

My skill set has been tested. I found out I wasn't the top tier, do-anything, type of professional I thought I was. I wasn't as organized as I had been led to believed in the past. This is bitter-sweet as now I am gaining these skills.

Advice to Management

I would think that more team events within your middle management team would benefit the culture. Although we have plenty at the higher management level inviting the entire office, it would be nice to have some of the mid management invite their team to these things so maybe pass on the message!

2. "Great Environment. Hand Work. Steep learning curve."

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- build sales skillset
    - great training program
    - builds professional development

Cons

- steep/harsh standards and expectations
    - favoritism

Advice to Management

Stop the favoritism. Otherwise a great and exciting place to work.

Vanquish Marketing Group Response

Mar 3, 2017 – President

We favor those who show their potential and work hard to show they want to grow. In order to maintain the pros you listed (build sales skill set, great training program, builds professional ... More

"Great Place for Entrepreneurs to Thrive"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've always wanted to be my own boss. I don't want to work 40+ hours every week for the rest of my life in an office for another person making THEM money while I am continuing to make no more than $60,000 a year every year. What Vanquish has and is doing for me is giving me the opportunity to be my own boss/work for myself, make my own schedule, and earn unlimited earning potential. They are investing in me, teaching me how to run and operate a business from A to Z and I'm able to apply my knowledge and skill set to events, clients and the office.

Cons

Work/Life balance can be a struggle to balance but I'm willing to make that small sacrifice for less than a year to invest in my future and have control of my future for years to come.

Advice to Management

Just to keep up the good work. Thank you for always being available to meet with me, to answer all of my questions and seeing my potential. You're tough but fair and it's only going to make me a better business partner.

"Advancement to management is earned quickly but through hard work"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been witness to almost a dozen people being put into a position of management successfully in the course of the last year

The manager cares about the development of the people he works with since they essentially get the opportunity to manage his company

New products are being test marketed and we get to apply our expertise and creativity to make them successful, definitely have say and contribution to the company

Marketing techniques and strategies are being taught and executed on a daily basis

All my time is compensated for especially considering that they are educating me for my business and future and making me a marketing and management expert

I've had the opportunity to travel to Las Vegas, Houston, Seattle, San Diego, the Bahamas for both work and play

Cons

Hard work and time commitment (45 hours per week) but anything worth doing and any opportunity for financial freedom, my own schedule, say and power within a company - the opportunity to be an entrepreneur - is worth it for a shorter amount of time than any other company could/would offer

Advice to Management

So excited to see the growth of this company over the next couple years. Thanks for the dedication on your end as well as the opportunity.

"Growth opportunity! Got Promoted in 2015!"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Such an amazing opportunity to grow...All in all, its education. I thought of it like a masters degree, Part time school, full time work! However the difference is that this is for a career, and not a certificate! I got promoted to management in 2015 and now manage a different territory for our clients! Its amazing that not only do I now work with a tremendous client portfolio, but I have build relationships that will last FOR LIFE. The growth, the friendships, the company culture, and the honesty of the management team really help someone feel comfortable even in the first week, and I have never seen a company where people want to work so HARD for YOUR goals.

Cons

Obviously like anything else, the time commitment and sacrifice to start can be intense, how ever, if something is worth it, it is going to be hard. I always felt appreciated even in the hardest of days. I never felt pressure to do anything BUT grow!

Advice to Management

Keep being honest and up front....the real-ness of the interview and teaching styles have developed me to be a better version of myself. Thank you!

"The most exciting, rewarding and motivating place to be!!!"

I have been working at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When weighing a career change, what I wanted more than anything was to work with a dynamic group of people with high ambitions and aspirations. I am blessed beyond measure to have found such a quality group of individuals at Vanquish! The atmosphere is driven, goal oriented, fun and gives you the environment you need to grow and flourish!
    I had no experience with marketing beforehand, and have had the opportunity to learn and develop new skills that I can carry through in every area of my life. The skills that are taught and refined are also designed to effect the lives of others. It's been a very exciting experience to teach and train others and watch them grow!
    We have the opportunity to work with an ever expanding client list, and use direct marketing inside top retailers in the world to give people a great customer experience.
    If you like people, are hungry for success, like to be challenged and are looking to make some big accomplishments in your life then don't let this opportunity pass you by!

Cons

No one is going to do the work for you. You will have to work very hard, as well as put in the time and effort needed to get where you say you want to be. You will be held accountable. You will have to learn new things on your own time, read, connect with others and learn as much as you possibly can on your own time. If you think these things deserve to be in the 'cons' section, re-think what you want for your life and how you're going to get what you want.

"Best Learning Experience of my Life"

Former Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to see many different views of this company, from the field, to the office management, HR, and management training! I loved learning everything I did and I will take everything I have learned on through every experience I go through from here on!

Cons

You need to work hard and be all in to succeed in this company, and if you are, the managers will invest so much in your career future!

Advice to Management

Stay open and honest about what you are doing here, this is a really wonderful company!

"Not Multi-level Marketing"

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Vanquish in no way, shape, or form tries to set up anything in someone's home. There is no cold calling and no home visits. They do not sell or promote for Verizon. This is direct marketing, an awesome company to work for, and they offer a great opportunity for people that want to work hard for great results.

Cons

Not everyone is able to put the actions behind the words. Therefore, they go to the internet to complain about things they don't understand.

Advice to Management

Keep Doing What You're Doing!!

"It's a people mill"

I worked at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

"They provide a great opportunity"

Cons

To work your tail off for minimum wage plus a little bit more if you hit a commission quota. It's a "management training' program teaching you to keep overhead low by being cheap. Overwhelming amount of employees in and out the door so training and team building are never ending.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more and be up front with people.

Vanquish Marketing Group Response

Jan 18, 2017 – President

In order to be as transparent as possible, make sure we find the right fit of a candidate and aren't wasting anyone's time (our applicants or the company's), we have a three part interview process ... More

"Look to the Future"

I have been working at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This isn't a normal 'sales and marketing' company. If there's one thing I can say about Chris and Vanquish as a whole it's that Vanquish cares about people. You get out of an opportunity what you put into it and the opportunity at Vanquish is all in your own hands. Everyone works as a cohesive unit to help everyone reach their own personal as well as professional goals. The more time and effort you put into the opportunity in the beginning, which is totally up to you, the more time and success you get out of it. This program is really designed to help people gain experience, realize their potential and reach their goals.

Cons

Time and effort. You can't be lazy in this career and expect a positive outcome of success, and it's not easy. But 'If it's worth it, it should be hard." Like anything worth while, you need to put in the time and the effort, which for some people who don't understand the process, may be too much. But the future outcome, skill set you gain and personal growth you can reach far outweighs the initial investment.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent, putting out information and sticking to the core values. Student mentality, work ethic and great attitude get you far in life and in this business. Keep sifting through and find those 'right people' with the right mentality who want to learn, grow and push themselves to join this amazing team and learn a skill set that exceeds just the business.