Vanquish Marketing Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

Vanquish Marketing Group Reviews

Updated April 13, 2018

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Chris Thomas

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Your team members are fun and friendly (in 2 reviews)

• You will learn a lot about face to face marketing and how to close a sale (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • You will be discouraged from taking a lunch, or a day off for illness and will be expected to stay long hours with no pay (in 6 reviews)

• You will have to work very hard, as well as put in the time and effort needed to get where you say you want to be (in 3 reviews)

"Not just a business skillset, but a life skillset!"

Current Employee - Executive Campaign Manager
    Current Employee - Executive Campaign Manager

I have been working at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Vanquish is good at many things, but they're the best at changing lives, including mine. Whether you're here for experience, or to expand the Vanquish organization, you are treated the same by any and all mentors. I've learned so much in the year I've been here that I will forever carry with me. I can't thank Vanquish enough for everything.

Cons

I have nothing negative to day. Most people will say the general statements: long hours, constant driving, etc. Honestly, for anything in life, you need to take massive action to create lasting change. This is your future, you're on charge of your own growth!

Advice to Management

Vanquish is the best at many things, but you're amazing at changing lives. I can't thank you enough for doing what you have for me.

"Call it What it Is"

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers. The people I worked with were all very energetic. Everyone made me feel welcome. You will have proper training before you hit the field.

Cons

It’s a glorified sales position. There is very little marketing done, and there will be days where you will be standing there for 8 hours maybe making 1 or 2 sales. Also, they tell you not to worry about the sales but will then tell you they don’t see the results they want from you. There is a very poor work-life balance. You won’t get the schedule until close to 10 pm just to find out you need to be at a store by 9 am the following morning that is 40 miles away. You will barely have any time off. Luckily I’m still in school or they probably would have had me working 50 hours a week.

Advice to Management

My advice, really think about it if you are someone who sees an open position here. Every position posted on job boards is the same as everyone starts off as an entry-level regardless off their experience elsewhere. If I had known more about how the company does business I wouldn’t have applied.

"This company is an ICD for Smart Circle"

I worked at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time

Pros

Fun people. Great team. A lot of really smart, enthusiastic young people. You get 2 stars for that.

Cons

The hours. The travel.

Oh, and the company is part of the Smart Circle network, which is essentially an MLM/pyramid scheme type deal. Which no one will tell you going in because if you start researching Smart Circle, you pretty much no longer want to work there.

Advice to Management

Stop associating with an MLM/pyramid scheme?

"Dream career."

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time

Pros

I've learned to become the best version of myself. I have learned to better my goals, my mentality, and overall lifestyle. What other place do you get to become CEO and have your own office within the first year and start off with 6 figures?! Where else can you find an opportunity like this? No WHERE. With anything in life- nothing worth having comes easy. You get what you put in, YOU are in control of your future, your development, your growth. HOW BADLY DO YOU WANT SUCCESS FOR YOURSELF? You have literally a team of badasses that grow with you and succeed just as much as you do if not more. Team work makes the dream work. You're always held accountable for your actions and for your future!

Cons

Last min schedules but it's a method for a reason. It's funny that McDonald's will literally have 2 stars on Yelp and you guys will still go and put that garbage in your bodies but will overlook a life changing opportunity because some of the saltiness in the reviews from people who no longer are here- and are no longer here because of obvious reasons and their lack of entrepreneurship/ownership mentality. People go to school for years for this when you literally get everything you learn and take from here - for free. Ya schmucks!

Advice to Management

More snacks - that is all.

"Thankful for the Experience Gained Here"

I worked at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time

Pros

If you're like me and enjoy working in a friendly environment where "work" is fun and customer interactions change regularly- then you will love working with this group. If you value professional
      growth this is an awesome experience.

Cons

The job here can be demanding of your time but when you sincerely enjoy what you do (as much as most of the people you are working with) the hours don't seem so long.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging and supporting a positive work environment- it really is what sets you apart from the others.

"The most rewarding career I've ever had."

Current Employee - Administrative in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Vanquish has helped me develop new skill sets and sharpen the ones I brought in with me when I was hired. I'm beyond appreciative of how valued I feel as an employee here and can not begin to explain the respect and loyalty I have for my mentors, trainers and managers. They invest their time into the development of career and personal goals. I've grown so much in the year I've been here and look forward to my continued growth in the future with them.

Cons

This business is not for everyone. You get what you put in.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop your employees the way you do!

7. "Position not as advertised"

Former Employee - Marketing Team Leader in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Team Leader in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Your team members are fun and friendly
    You will learn a lot about face to face marketing and how to close a sale
    Your position gives opportunity for professional development (however, most of these hours will be unpaid and you are expected to attend)

Cons

This is much more of a sales position than a marketing position
    Creativity and strategy for marketing are stifled and replaced with a pre-designed sales pitch for you to deliver (without sounding like a robot) for weeks at a time

Advice to Management

This business is a great model for many, but the employment opportunities posted on job boards are misleading.

Vanquish Marketing Group Response

Oct 2, 2017 – President

We are happy you were able to meet and get to know our team members here while learning skills that you can hopefully take and put forth in your future position.

Considering the fact that we... More

"Marketing Intern"

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A fun and friendly company to work at.

Cons

No part time jobs are available.

"Excellent growth and very positive environment"

Former Employee - Team Lead in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I took this job so I could expand my business knowledge and understanding of the business world. I felt very under prepared for the working world when I graduated university so I was looking for company that offered training and development but also had some growth that I was able to work towards. In Vanquish I found that exact thing. I left to continue my education and get an MBA in accounting. As I look back, my 8 months spent at Vanquish set me up so much more for my MBA program and my future goal of owning my own accounting firm than if I had no experience when starting grad school. So for that I am really thankful. The team members at Vanquish really do make it all about the development of the team and not their own individual growth like most corporate positions.

Cons

You are held accountable for your actions. I learned pretty quick that I could not blame external factors for things going wrong and had to take responsibility. For those of you reading this, if you are not willing to do this then you will struggle to progress. Those of us that progressed through the program all had to learn this and unfortunately those who don't, it seems come back to paint the finger. People say they want more responsibility but do they really...

Advice to Management

Thank you for the time and effort spent on training me and developing my skill set. Keep your standards high and don't get discouraged by those that point the finger when they cant step up.

"Culture and Growth"

Current Employee - Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The development is based on merit. I have seen people get promoted to a training position in as long as 6 weeks or as little as 3 weeks. Promotion is something that is tracked and managed.

The culture of the office is energetic, educational, and team based.

The managers of the office take the time to offer constructive feedback rather than criticism, which in my opinion, presents the opportunity to perform to a higher degree... confidently

Optional Team events and trips like: Vegas for four days, Dallas for two days, Baseball games, laser tag, bowling, barbecues on the beach, professional seminars have inspired me and helped me grow.

They said that they would give me the opportunity run my own team, coordinate and manage various clients, and be promoted based on my efforts and capabilities. I have been promoted by each time frame explained in the interview seeing as how I completed all of the standards and expectations they put in front of me and never stopped trying to grow.

Cons

My skill set has been tested. I found out I wasn't the top tier, do-anything, type of professional I thought I was. I wasn't as organized as I had been led to believed in the past. This is bitter-sweet as now I am gaining these skills.

Advice to Management

I would think that more team events within your middle management team would benefit the culture. Although we have plenty at the higher management level inviting the entire office, it would be nice to have some of the mid management invite their team to these things so maybe pass on the message!