Vanquish Marketing Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Chris Thomas

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Your team members are fun and friendly" (in 2 reviews)

• "You will learn a lot about face to face marketing and how to close a sale" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "You will have to work very hard, as well as put in the time and effort needed to get where you say you want to be" (in 3 reviews)

• "It’s a glorified sales position" (in 4 reviews)

"Executive Management = Dream Career"

Former Employee - Executive Manager
    Former Employee - Executive Manager

I worked at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I started with Vanquish I was a little hesitant as I wasn't stoked on doing any type of sales.
    However, as you start to grow in the company, you'll begin to understand that is really isn't about the sales... It's about people development. And that is the part I fell in love with.
    Pros of Executive Management:
    - Make your own schedule
    - The amount of money you can make doesn't have a cap
    - You're surrounded by motivating and inspiring people EVERY day
    - Providing opportunity to others
    - Helping other people hit their goals

Cons

There are ups and dowsn in any position. You HAVE to invest time and energy to grow and be able to enjoy the "pros" listed above. If you feel that you have an above average work ethic and the desire to be an entrepreneur- you will be fine.

Advice to Management

Thanks for everything!

"Being Worth More and Building A Skill Set Takes A Commitment"

I have been working at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time

Pros

Definitely a place where I learned real world life skills and how a business operates in every way, shape and form. It is a place that will challenge your work ethic, student mentality and attitude for the better - and the better will rise. As long as someone is willing to get out of their comfort zone and understand that growth takes time and dedication, they will be able to make it very far in this business and see the incredible perks that come with it (i.e. Financial independence, freedom of schedule, unlimited growth, etc.).

Cons

Like any position, time and money are the biggest negatives but the goal is to put time in to developing a better skill set in order to earn and therefore be worth more money. Just like a professional athlete, lawyer, actor, doctor, and A+ student, and the list goes on. Not everyone will see success, like any other profession, but it doesn't mean one shouldn't aim for it if the long term goal is what they are looking for.

Advice to Management

Keep the standards high. We understand things pop up in the last minute so any up to date information is always appreciated.

"I'm have above average work ethic, so I love it!"

Current Employee - Event Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Event Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mentorship. Community. Competitive pay. Variety of work. Growth potential. Hands on learning. On the job training.

Cons

Weeding through the negative team members can be a bit of a drag but I guess that would happen anywhere they went. Just because one person struggles or isn't successful at it for whatever reason it's a shame they try bring down people that put in the time and the effort to make this a career. Learning something new so quickly can sometimes be frustrating as well but I just have to remember everyone learns at a different pace and just apply myself whole heartedly to the position.

Advice to Management

We have seen a lot of success since 2011 so you've got to be doing something right! I know it is tough when we all get busy with an event but just keep the lines of communication flowing! Teamwork makes the dream work! Thanks!

"Now an Executive Regional Manager - Changed my Life!"

Former Employee - Executive Regional Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Executive Regional Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

So much growth! This position is definitely A LOT of work, but its is a TREMENDOUS opportunity to grow and learn, however it does take an extreme level of determination and push to get to the executive level. It is not for everyone, but just because it doesn't work for EVERYONE, it doesn't mean it doesn't work! My colleagues who have made it through the management program could not be happier about starting with Vanquish, and the management here is ALWAYS willing to do whatever it takes to help us grow! I have been through a lot personally and the manager was always there for me no matter what along side his business partners. I recommend this position to anyone looking for an opportunity to change their situation, just know it takes time and effort, but its all about having a great mindset and attitude!

I hope people understand EVERY executive position come with long term training, so the fact this is condensed, is an awesome change to grow quick!

The compensation although starting off like any other middle management position, definitely has NO cap, and the opportunity to grow is incredible and makes sense, especially with the quickened time frame!

Cons

Huge time commitment, and a lot of dedication needed. However we become experts at every skill set needed to be successful in the position, so it makes perfect sense.

Advice to Management

Keep going! We are on a roll!

"This Career Has Taken Me Places I Never Thought I Could Go"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hands on dedicated training
    Dedicated management - the company doesn't grow unless its people grow
    Unlimited growth
    Unlimited earning potential
    Multiple training, mentoring and networking opportunities
    Work with positive upbeat people who want more out of life
    Brand marketing multiple clients
    Travel to various cities and countries I never thought I'd travel to
    Consistently being pushed to be my best and settle for nothing less
    Classroom style training that also parallels real world work to put education to real life

Cons

This company has seen extraordinary growth. Vanquish helps those who are willing to put in the time, effort and dedication in order to prove that they are the right person to be put in a position of power and responsibility. They will never put a 'weak individual in to power as they have clearly not earned it. The negative reviews left behind are by those who can't be truthful and critical of themselves in order to improve and therefore lash out at those who were critical of them in order to see that growth out of them.

Advice to Management

Your dedication to the business is so impressive and inspiring. I'm so excited to continue to grow and develop with you and your organization. Thank you for asking a lot of me in order for me to see what I can do in this world both professionally and personally.

"Executive Campaign Manager"

Current Employee - Executive Campaign Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Campaign Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The thing that attracted me to Vanquish was the talented, motivated team. The atmosphere is very positive. During first 8-12 months the training is intensive. I owned my own business for 35 years, was ready for a change and I am loving it. The best part is helping people from all walks of life have the opportunity to build new skills. They develop to a position where they can financially make their dreams a reality without the risk of a straight commission position. The mentorship is solid. Everybody helps each other progress. The job is fun and you get to make lots of decisions and take charge.

Cons

You must be willing to study outside of work. Hours are long on the way to management which is typical of any job. People who are not willing to push through challenges and maintain a positive attitude may dot do well. You spend lots of time out of your comfort zone, but that is where growth comes from.

Advice to Management

I have seen management consistently improve when suggesting something. Thank you for your willingness to never quit growing. That is rare.

"Manager Not What He Says He Is"

I have been working at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time

Pros

The company does help you to align yourself with personal and professional goals as well as ways to reach and measure them. They do motivate and encourage every individual along their journey.

Cons

The manager is a power tripping Napoleon. He will not be honest with you. He tells everyone what they want to hear and makes empty promises. The turn around rate is tremendous. He defames people's character after they leave and says they were not cut out for the job. He's never there when you need him. He never answers his phone yet tells everyone he will. I've heard him talk poorly about countless people after they move forward in another career. It seems as though he's spiteful of their decision. People quit because of him and SOLELY because of him. Anytime his "power" is challenged he immediately pulls the manager card and becomes an "because I said so" person. That, and he is terrible at running his business cause of his failure to be organized.
    THERE ARE ALSO NO BENEFITS. EVER.

Advice to Management

I'm sure he's heard it all but doesn't want to listen to it or make any changes. I wish him the best.

"Just a scam"

Former Employee - Marketing Communications Specialist in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Communications Specialist in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you’re desperate enough, you might make money.

Cons

This is a pyramid scheme, a get-rich-quick scheme, and a scam. They pray on fresh out of college students by saying it’s a marketing job. Really, you’re just going to Costco and giving out samples. And they said if I don’t make commission, I don’t get my money for the day.

Advice to Management

Just admit what you are. Don’t try to reel in future professionals with your faux professionalism and office with one room.

Vanquish Marketing Group Response

Jun 8, 2018 – President

As Always, we welcome and appreciate all feedback and insight as to an employee's experience in an effort to refine the way we conduct business. I will advise anyone who will apply here to our firm... More

"Call it What it Is"

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers. The people I worked with were all very energetic. Everyone made me feel welcome. You will have proper training before you hit the field.

Cons

It’s a glorified sales position. There is very little marketing done, and there will be days where you will be standing there for 8 hours maybe making 1 or 2 sales. Also, they tell you not to worry about the sales but will then tell you they don’t see the results they want from you. There is a very poor work-life balance. You won’t get the schedule until close to 10 pm just to find out you need to be at a store by 9 am the following morning that is 40 miles away. You will barely have any time off. Luckily I’m still in school or they probably would have had me working 50 hours a week.

Advice to Management

My advice, really think about it if you are someone who sees an open position here. Every position posted on job boards is the same as everyone starts off as an entry-level regardless off their experience elsewhere. If I had known more about how the company does business I wouldn’t have applied.

"Not just a business skillset, but a life skillset!"

Current Employee - Executive Campaign Manager
    Current Employee - Executive Campaign Manager

I have been working at Vanquish Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Vanquish is good at many things, but they're the best at changing lives, including mine. Whether you're here for experience, or to expand the Vanquish organization, you are treated the same by any and all mentors. I've learned so much in the year I've been here that I will forever carry with me. I can't thank Vanquish enough for everything.

Cons

I have nothing negative to day. Most people will say the general statements: long hours, constant driving, etc. Honestly, for anything in life, you need to take massive action to create lasting change. This is your future, you're on charge of your own growth!

Advice to Management

Vanquish is the best at many things, but you're amazing at changing lives. I can't thank you enough for doing what you have for me.